Batman: Arkham City [MultiPlatform]

I think you can only use Robin in the challenges, and just like Catwoman, he's not quite as versatile as the bat.

I find fighting with Catwoman WAY easier. Those caltrops are awesome. Catwoman attacks way faster, so you tend to not get hit as much in the middle of an attack animation. The bolas aren't great, but the whip is awesome. Wish she had a few more special moves and takedowns.

She's faster, but especially later in the game, Batman simply gets a lot of incredibly useful takedown maneuvers and gadgets, like a move that disarms an enemy and also destroys the weapon in the process. He can also disarm enemies from much further away and gets a freezing grenade that takes an assailant out of the fight for the entirety of its duration. Catwoman can disarm enemies as well, but usually the dropped weapon gets picked up by another guy as soon as it hits the floor. Batman also has a good deal more health and his special vision mode separates between regular guys and guys with firearms. He can even disable weapons before the fight even starts. And if everything fails he even has a get out of jail free card in the form of smoke pellets.
Then there's all the other benefits: his grapple has a far greater reach so he can zip instantly to a nearby rooftop or gargoyle. He can even surpress his body heat when he's up there, and of course he gets around the city much quicker.

Don't get me wrong, Catwoman is a ton of fun to use (if only to watch the animations) and I agree that it's easier to take out large amounts of low level thugs with her using basic maneuvers, but as soon as the game introduces guys with tasers, guns and shields, Batman becomes a lot more effective.

The navigation waypoint system doesn't guide you in Detective mode. So in order to get from point A to point B you have to turn off Detective mode. So I'll also agree you're not using the Detective mode as much as in the first game.

BTW, there's no Batman Begins or Dark Knight skins, but that would be cool, but considerin EA had the movie rights to the games I wouldn't hold my breath ever seeing it. The closest you could see it would be modders doing it on the PC.

Tommy McClain

The keyword is had. Those rights expired years ago.

She's faster, but especially later in the game, Batman simply gets a lot of incredibly useful takedown maneuvers and gadgets, like a move that disarms an enemy and also destroys the weapon in the process. He can also disarm enemies from much further away and gets a freezing grenade that takes an assailant out of the fight for the entirety of its duration. Catwoman can disarm enemies as well, but usually the dropped weapon gets picked up by another guy as soon as it hits the floor. Batman also has a good deal more health and his special vision mode separates between regular guys and guys with firearms. He can even disable weapons before the fight even starts. And if everything fails he even has a get out of jail free card in the form of smoke pellets.
Then there's all the other benefits: his grapple has a far greater reach so he can zip instantly to a nearby rooftop or gargoyle. He can even surpress his body heat when he's up there, and of course he gets around the city much quicker.

Don't get me wrong, Catwoman is a ton of fun to use (if only to watch the animations) and I agree that it's easier to take out large amounts of low level thugs with her using basic maneuvers, but as soon as the game introduces guys with tasers, guns and shields, Batman becomes a lot more effective.

By the end of the game I had all of the specials unlocked for both Batman and Catwoman, but had almost none of the armour upgrades for either. As far as Catwoman goes, in a straight up fight with a large variety of weapons, I still think she's basically a beast. The one ability that Batman has that is invaluable in large fights is the multi-takedown using the batarang. In one particular fight, I think I took out at least 10 guys with that one move. Still. Put Catwoman in a room with 20 armed thugs, and I still think I win pretty easily. It might take a little longer, but I could watch the Catwoman animations all day.

Oh, and not a huge fan of the Catwoman's headgear, or the tacky cleav, but the rest of the suit is fine.

Watching clips of how Catwoman fights, it just makes me feel uncomfortable. =\ And I'm a lesbian, so that's saying something.

I'll explain: they've oversexualized her to the point that it's making a woman who likes women(I.E. me) uncomfortable.

I'll explain: they've oversexualized her to the point that it's making a woman who likes women(I.E. me) uncomfortable.

I don't know. I find it hard to pop a boner over a virtual woman. They definitely went overboard on the cleav, but her fighting is great.

I don't know. I find it hard to pop a boner over a virtual woman. They definitely went overboard on the cleav, but her fighting is great.

You're in the minority with the popping a boner bit, but I'm referring to all of the "sexy" stuff she does. After a while it goes from titillation(And there's nothing wrong with that) to sexism.

Now I have to get the game sooner just to see what you are alluding to.
I was going to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Edit: Like Scott, virtual women does not get a rise out of me although I appreciate the visuals nonetheless.

Watching clips of how Catwoman fights, it just makes me feel uncomfortable. =\ And I'm a lesbian, so that's saying something.
I don't have the game but one of the reasons a friend of mine was so enthusiastic about purchasing the game was being able to play as Catwoman that I am worried she might end up thinking the same. She says she is a "cat person", :smile: :cool: and she loved the first iteration of the game, so she was super hyped and happy. I will ask her next time we see each other online.

As for the lesbian thing..., that's so nice. I love lesbian women. In fact deep down I feel like I have a gay girl brain in a male body.

Concerning virtual characters, I don't care at all. My crushes are on celebrities though. Especially one, I always fancied Toni Collette and ever will.

If you want a new friend or If you ever need/want to chat, feel free to PM me.

Take care of you and good luck! :love:

Videogame women, in general, are pretty sexist. Catwoman is probably the same in some respects. If her boobs weren't hangin out it probably wouldn't seem so pubescent male. She's always been kind of a flirty character. Didn't find any of that too overboard.

I think she's sexy as hell. And what's with the stupid boner nonsense. It's very much possible to be attracted by someone or something without getting aroused to such a degree.

And I also maintain my stance that people who claim that anything but the real deal gets any sort of reaction out of them are just lying to themselves.

I think she's sexy as hell. And what's with the stupid boner nonsense. It's very much possible to be attracted by someone or something without getting aroused to such a degree.

And I also maintain my stance that people who claim that anything but the real deal gets any sort of reaction out of them are just lying to themselves.

I was exaggerating the point that I do not find virtual women attractive. For the most part, the oversexed women in games are completely embarrassing. Some games are cringe worthy. I would rather be murdered than have someone walk in the room when I was playing a game with characters like DOA or something. Uncharted probably did the best job, in the regard. I'm not a prude either. The problem is the girls are not real, which automatically gives it some level of creepiness, and the other problem is they are obviously designed by men with the sexual intelligence of a 13 year old. There is a history of Catwoman, as a character, being seductive, flirty and sexy. Whether that's female empowerment, or male fantasy, or both, I don't know. What I do know, is that this incarnation of Catwoman with huge boobs bursting out of a low-zipped top is pretty much a wank job for "adult" males.

Well, it's comic book Batman, not Nolan Batman, so uniformly enormous guys and oversexualized females should be expected. Harley and Poison Ivy aren't exatly subtle character designs either. (and there's still a huge difference between the DoA girls and Catwoman in this game) Besides, the enormous guys and grotesque monstrosities you enounter in the game aren't any less immature. And why should they be? It's a game about a guy who beats up bad guys in a Halloween costume. It's a teenager's wet dream.
I'd also like to add that the weirdest look I ever got from bystanders while playing a game was when I chainsawed and curb stomped my way through Gears of War.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's comic book Batman, not Nolan Batman, so uniformly enormous guys and oversexualized females should be expected. Harley and Poison Ivy aren't exatly subtle character designs either. (and there's still a huge difference between the DoA girls and Catwoman in this game) Besides, the enormous guys and grotesque monstrosities you enounter in the game aren't any less immature. And why should they be? It's a game about a guy who beats up bad guys in a Halloween costume. It's a teenager's wet dream.
I'd also like to add that the weirdest look I ever got from bystanders while playing a game was when I chainsawed and curb stomped my way through Gears of War.

Don't even get me started on comic books!

Whatever, I think Catwoman's outfit matches her personality in the game rather well. It's not your typical less clothes equals more armor design philosophy, or simply being near naked just for the heck of it like just about any female in every fighting game ever (minus Street Fighter. Credit where credit is due)

Back