Batman: Arkham City [MultiPlatform]

WoW ! The Gametrialers Review sure seems to highlight the game properly. Th eGiant Bomb review didn't mention all that cool stuff at all. GT review seems to project the game to the Darksiders level of stuff to do !

I am intrigued. Someday I'll chk it out, if Demons Souls doesn't devour me completely by then ;) !

The game is really cool so far. Framerate is very good. I recommend playing on Hard if you thought the first was too easy. The multi-enemy counters are great, as are the new context sensitive ones. For multi-enemy counters you have to tape Y the appropriate number of times or you'll get hit. On hard enemies will hit you while you're attempting takedowns. The upgrade tree offers a lot of cool abilities, but you have to know when to use them. Pulling guys in with the grappling hook leads to some really cool attack animations. Overall, there is a huge variety of counters in this one. You can even counter objects that are thrown at you. Still not a huge fan of the roided character designs, but the environments are great. Fights are way bigger than in the original title. So far, so very very good.

Cool, dx11 support! Don't care about dx10, it's old and we can't have people holding back the pc forever with their outdated hardware.

I read in an Anandtech article that DX11 is a superset of DX10.1 and thus targets both DX10 and 11 hardware, that's why I just don't understand why many DX11 games lock me to DX9 instead of letting me play in DX10 or 10.1

Either way, the 18th november couldn't come sooner...I loved the first game and this seems to have improved upon everything

I doubt there's actually going to be in a way of feature rich support for dx11 seeing as I've yet to see an UE game do it.

If you do not like this game, we cannot be friends. If you do not have this game, you are missing out on one of the best, if not the best, games of the year.

I was lucky and got myself a free promo PS3 version including the Catwoman code. Really impressed with it so far. Far and away the most impressive non Epic-games developed Unreal Engine 3 games I've seen so far, particularly on the PS3. Silky smooth framerate with no tearing anywhere to be seen, even when there are literally dozens of characters on the screen at once. I've yet to spot the dreaded texture pop-ins too. And damn, Catwoman has to be the most impressively animated character I've ever seen in a game. The gameplay is ace as well and I really love how the game is structured. It's certainly nowhere near he biggest open world game, but it absolutely packed with content and has this meticulously hand crafted feel you just don't get in most, if not any open world games

I was lucky and got myself a free promo PS3 version including the Catwoman code. Really impressed with it so far. Far and away the most impressive non Epic-games developed Unreal Engine 3 games I've seen so far, particularly on the PS3. Silky smooth framerate with no tearing anywhere to be seen, even when there are literally dozens of characters on the screen at once. I've yet to spot the dreaded texture pop-ins too. And damn, Catwoman has to be the most impressively animated character I've ever seen in a game. The gameplay is ace as well and I really love how the game is structured. It's certainly nowhere near he biggest open world game, but it absolutely packed with content and has this meticulously hand crafted feel you just don't get in most, if not any open world games

The tearing unfortunately is there, especially compared in the 'crowded' scene, dips too (I have seen a lot of walkthrough on the net & LoT fps analisys, I don't know whether reliable or not, but 360 how ever is more refined compared tothe ps3; nothing new knowing UE3 but the engine is extremely stressed & push over it's limits imho, so ps3 it's turn out extremely well at the end without sacrifice any other features.

Damn that means I need to have to get my cards upgraded to get the awesomness that is DX 11 for this game?

Supposedly it is gonna feature tessellation, so for the full experience you might need an upper end DX11 card. And hey, it seems that this is another Batman with Physx. Pretty sweet!

One of the top games this year , excellent work from Rocksteady .
I was really surprised by how it looks - every scene is full of details . Also it's quite amazing seeing dozens of characters on screen at once and the framerate is keeping up at with no problem .
Anyone knows if Rocksteady had access to the latest advances of UE3 that Epic employs on the latest Gears ?

Back