Batman: Arkham City [MultiPlatform]

She needs to learn to sew better. :p (assuming she makes her own stuff) Just thought it'd be funny if she let the zipper down only in cut-scenes while interacting with certain characters.

I think she's sexy as hell. And what's with the stupid boner nonsense. It's very much possible to be attracted by someone or something without getting aroused to such a degree.

And I also maintain my stance that people who claim that anything but the real deal gets any sort of reaction out of them are just lying to themselves.
I think you aren't right. Those are my theories and I don't find any other explanation or a better one than the fact that I believe virtual characters are just that, characters that are either be attractive, interesting, strong, weak, dependent, etc, but always following some basic guidelines.

Thinking of myself doing anything to a virtual character is really, really... very weird. But then again, I didn't actually feel much the times I've tried to view or play any spicy stuff. If it's a sensual, well written comic or story then I can kind of leech of the emotions the story presents, but after that it gets to a certain point I just disconnect. I guess it is more about the emotions -I have to be in love to try, in my mind- than anything else, and since it is between those one or two characters it would be weird if I was there... I mean, I am not part of the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more gameplay videos I watch of this game, the more I get the urge to buy it over uncharted 3 !!!! I have seen Drake manytime, and I can get it when it goes platinum too, but this is something new, fresh and loaded with awesomeness, or thats the impression i get from the videos!

I am just worried about not liking the combat :unsure: !

I finally got around to playing this. It definitely isn't as well paced as AA. Every time is want to quickly check out some side activity, it ends up taking longer then I'd thought, distracting me form the main story line more then I'd like. It clashes with the urgency the story wants me to have when I'm going off flying through hoops and popping balloons. Yet it feels like most of the actually gameplay is in the optional stuff, with tons of things to do seemingly everywhere, compared to the main story line where I'm quickly bounced from one villain to the next. Forcing me to trek across the city again, tempted by things to do at every turn.

You can keep playing after the main story is over, so if you don't want to derail from the storyline, then don't. You can go back to the side stuff later.

You can keep playing after the main story is over, so if you don't want to derail from the storyline, then don't. You can go back to the side stuff later.

I heard some of it gets locked out if you don't complete it before the main story ends. I don't know what or how much though.

I heard some of it gets locked out if you don't complete it before the main story ends. I don't know what or how much though.

As someone who completed every side mission and collected every riddled trophy (all 440), I can tell you, you heard wrong.

As someone who completed every side mission and collected every riddled trophy (all 440), I can tell you, you heard wrong.

Good to know. The wife got me the game a few 3 days ago (late Christmas gift) and I'm almost done with the main story. I was holding off on completing it, because I wanted to do the side missions.

I've only completed 2 off the side stories so far and maybe 30-40% of the trophies (some of them are a real pain.

I've completed all the side missions and all of Batman's trophies, but I have 1 stupid Catwoman trophy I can't get. Starting to piss me off. LOL There's no way I'm going back & doing the whole game in Plus mode. BTW I wasn't a big fan of the Riddler Challenge Maps in the original game & I'm still not much of a fan of them in Arkham City either. Poor substitute for multiplayer. Most likely sell the game once I get the 1 last trophy & a few other achievements.

Tommy McClain

I've completed all the side missions and all of Batman's trophies, but I have 1 stupid Catwoman trophy I can't get. Starting to piss me off. LOL There's no way I'm going back & doing the whole game in Plus mode. BTW I wasn't a big fan of the Riddler Challenge Maps in the original game & I'm still not much of a fan of them in Arkham City either. Poor substitute for multiplayer. Most likely sell the game once I get the 1 last trophy & a few other achievements.

Tommy McClain

So you can no longer play as Catwoman once you complete her story missions? Does she have side missions other then the Riddler stuff?

So you can no longer play as Catwoman once you complete her story missions? Does she have side missions other then the Riddler stuff?

Yes, she has Riddler Challenges(Trophies & Physical) that only she can do. And no, you can play still play as her just like Batman can still be played after the story is complete. In fact, after both stories are complete you can still roam around Arkham City. There are still thugs out there to bust that keep coming back over & over. Granted it is still somewhat empty without the main villains, but remember there is at least one achievement that can only be completed by going back & visiting him on specific days. So there is no way they are going to shut you out of playing once everything is complete.

Tommy McClain

Yes, she has Riddler Challenges(Trophies & Physical) that only she can do. And no, you can play still play as her just like Batman can still be played after the story is complete. In fact, after both stories are complete you can still roam around Arkham City. There are still thugs out there to bust that keep coming back over & over. Granted it is still somewhat empty without the main villains, but remember there is at least one achievement that can only be completed by going back & visiting him on specific days. So there is no way they are going to shut you out of playing once everything is complete.

Tommy McClain

Thanks, that's good to know.

Interesting contrast they have between Batman and Catwoman. Batman is loaded down with so many gadgets you need a ridiculous amount of button combination to make them all work. And Catwoman has so few she literally can't get around. Both end up controlling terribly.

I don't know. I usually like sandbox games, but the one we have here only makes the game worse because you can't get around with ease. You have rely on those button prompts before you can grapple on to anything. They are never quite where you want them, and the distance they cover is completely random.

The game is at it's best indoors with the villains taunting you at every move you make. But those sections never last long.

I also hate how counter only works half the time. The bigger fights become a matter of luck if they won't fail me enough to kill me.

There definitely is some inconsistency in grappling ledges. I didn't have much trouble getting around, but at times grappling to the next ledge could get annoying.

Never had any problems with countering, even the double and triple counters. Never really got the hang of the timing on the knife evade.

Back