All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Titanfall is a great opportunity for Microsoft to push boxes, most xb1 owners are potential titanfall buyers, and it's a great game. And of all the games you can give away the game that requires Xbox Gold is the best. They are more less certain that a great portion of those that try titanfall will try gold and many of those will keep the subscription.

Thats a very good and reasonable assumption but the other point is that it may put the XB1 perception as a $450 machine instead of $500 and secondly there are not many exclusives in the immediate future for the people to continue that subscription and thirdly the multi-plats are also mostly better on PS4...

So on paper i feel there assumption is pretty solid but i dont think it will be as effective as they are hoping.. Also the hype of PS4, better multi-plat games on PS4, the indie exclusives and exclusive third party games, PS NOW and Morpheus and all these things are going to put a lot of dent in XB1 assumption.. and lastly the biggest obstacle which is rising is the smooth supply of PS4..

Interesting the $449 Xbox is still on for the new week. I was wondering if it would end Sunday.

AFAIK most weekly sales in USA end on Sunday. Who knows what it means, but we know for now the deal continues.

30w1bt4.jpg

Interesting Amazon hourly is still PS4 dominated despite being in stock for weeks.

Interesting the $449 Xbox is still on for the new week. I was wondering if it would end Sunday.

AFAIK most weekly sales in USA end on Sunday. Who knows what it means, but we know for now the deal continues.

It's not too hard to work out what it means. They aren't or haven't sold enough to relinquish the price cut\incentive.

It's not too hard to work out what it means. They aren't or haven't sold enough to relinquish the price cut\incentive.

I'm guessing it will be the MSRP soon, otherwise why try to "win" March, how is it important? Does it have something to do with the end of a fiscal year and they need to hit a target?

Sony is coasting towards 7 million at MSRP while MS is changing their price or bundle every few weeks it seems.

MS need decent software and price parity to force an automatic comparison between KinectBoxOne and PS4.

If Kinect actually had some good frikkin games out for it, which would have taken some commitment from "TV TV TV TV SPORTS XBOX GO HOME" MS, at price parity they would be highly competitive.

Seriously, what kind of frikkin moron tries to sell an expenisve games console to gamer early adopters without software that makes the package attractive?

I can watch TV effectively without a $500 + subscription box, you fucks.

Execs that can only see Xbox as route to control TV's, and who wilfully misinterpret Xbox 360 streaming TV stats as evidence that games don't matter, have brought MS gaming to its knees.

I'm guessing it will be the MSRP soon, otherwise why try to "win" March, how is it important? Does it have something to do with the end of a fiscal year and they need to hit a target?

Sony is coasting towards 7 million at MSRP while MS is changing their price or bundle every few weeks it seems.

I would think that they need to move inventory in order for the books to look good, and to do that they need to move the stock that's sitting in all the retail channels. Shareholders are going to say 'yeah, fantastic, you're selling more than you did the 360 at this time in its life. But the market demand is obviously way higher than that. Why are you being ignored?'

MS need decent software and price parity to force an automatic comparison between KinectBoxOne and PS4.

If Kinect actually had some good frikkin games out for it, which would have taken some commitment from "TV TV TV TV SPORTS XBOX GO HOME" MS, at price parity they would be highly competitive.

Seriously, what kind of frikkin moron tries to sell an expenisve games console to gamer early adopters without software that makes the package attractive?

I can watch TV effectively without a $500 + subscription box, you fucks.

Execs that can only see Xbox as route to control TV's, and who wilfully misinterpret Xbox 360 streaming TV stats as evidence that games don't matter, have brought MS gaming to its knees.

We had endless discussion for months after E3 2013 about how important talking to your TV was going to be. As well as justification of the cost... It would seem that some inside of MS corporate felt the same way.

That said the games will come, it will just take time. Its somewhat ironic that these machines should be somewhat easier to get up and running than last generation but just like always it takes time to get the games developed.

I'm curious what the impact of TF will end up being on the XB1 installed based, my personal guess is that the impact of the IP on console sales is essentially done by June.

That said the games will come, it will just take time. Its somewhat ironic that these machines should be somewhat easier to get up and running than last generation but just like always it takes time to get the games developed.
Bear in mind we are in a general barren period in the year; its not exactly like the PC is swimming in masses of releases right now.

Bear in mind we are in a general barren period in the year; its not exactly like the PC is swimming in masses of releases right now.
yes how does jan->mar 2014 compare with jan->mar 2013. Pretty similar Im guessing or even 2014 strong software launches

And now... painful 2 week wait until NPD, and week more until 2014Q1 financial results start dropping. Nintendo one will be especially epic, I fully believe that they will not reach WiiU numbers that they forcasted.

^^ Isn't that a good thing? That Sony is starting to allot more PS4's to North America?
Or it means interest in PS4 has dropped off a cliff. A single data point like this with more than one factor influencing it is virtual useless in deriving meaningful info. the take home point is that once PS4 couldn't be found it stock, and now, presently, it can. the causes are unknown as the factors of supply and demand aren't quantified for us. It'll take NPD or whatever to show how these stock infos are to be interpreted.

I think Titanfall is a great opportunity for Microsoft to push boxes, most xb1 owners are potential titanfall buyers, and it's a great game.

It could be if Titanfall was a xbone exclusive.
Being on the PC, many opt for paying less for the game while being able to use a mouse-keyboard to play a FPS.

It could be if Titanfall was a xbone exclusive.
Being on the PC, many opt for paying less for the game while being able to use a mouse-keyboard to play a FPS.

The same could be said about BF4, check the sales, afaik the pc sold below 1/8 of the total sales. I might be wrong on the exact bf4 numbers, but the pc is a clear second violin when it comes to multi platform games. There is a reason why all the money goes into the console versions.

Yes, if you have a gamer pc then titanfall would be a pc game, but I think it's selling consoles for Microsoft and making money on live..

Or it means interest in PS4 has dropped off a cliff. A single data point like this with more than one factor influencing it is virtual useless in deriving meaningful info. the take home point is that once PS4 couldn't be found it stock, and now, presently, it can. the causes are unknown as the factors of supply and demand aren't quantified for us. It'll take NPD or whatever to show how these stock infos are to be interpreted.

Definitely has not dropped off a cliff. We can see by the console staying high in the Amazon sales charts. Also, if you investigate brick and mortar availability at various chains, I see that it is hit or miss, and seems to still sell out in between replenishment. And even on that chart, Target, and Gamestop are two of what I'd call the big 5 (along with Amazon, Best Buy, and Wal Mart) and they dont have online stock of the $399 SKU. Wal Mart which is the biggest USA chain, rarely has brick and mortar availability that I've checked, etc. Being freely available online is one thing, the ability of Joe Blow to walk into any store and grab one on a whim is another.

The picture has been pretty clear the past few weeks PS4 availability is definitely improving greatly but is not to full stock.

Sony is doing a good job pushing a lot of stock out though. Credit where due and so forth.

And now... painful 2 week wait until NPD, and week more until 2014Q1 financial results start dropping.

Yeah, towards the end of last gen NPD was boring, things were pretty well settled in to a pattern. But each month's results this early in a gen are quite fascinating for me. Each reveals a wealth of new info. We're really kind of flying blind.

This month will be really good to feel out the Titanfall/price cut bump for X1, and what PS4 might look like in a less supply constrained situation.

I was wondering if Amazon would put the FireTV in the gaming charts. I assume it would have shot to the top instantly.

I dont see it there though so I guess not.

Edit: It is in "electronics" charts. #1 ahead of Chromecast.

OMG: Amazon FireTV dontroller outselling PS4 http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...bs/electronics/7926841011/ref=zg_bs_nav_e_1_e

Sell Sony stock now.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/21/another-price-cut-for-the-xbox-one/

Microsoft may also have benefited recently from the scarcity of PlayStation 4s on store shelves. Any advantage it has gotten from that could be fleeting, though. Jeff Shelman, a spokesman for Best Buy, said in an email that Best Buy’s inventory of PlayStation 4s will improve in the coming weeks, with the retailer receiving “tens of thousands” of the consoles from Sony.

Best Buy confirmed 21st of march they were getting much more stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back