All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2021 Edition]

It's amazing to live in a world where someone thinks that GP is struggling because it is growing at a rate just a few percentage points behind the meteoric rise of Netflix. LOL.
We live in a world where people are injecting themselves with ivermectin, although not here. Where I live the kids are all doing nitrous oxide, the happy little bastards.

OK to play your game one final time, we will take the first number and compare it with a year later
24.431 million -> 34.244 million
this makes 40.1% increase in a year, which is greater than 36%

sheesh. I give up, not worth the effort :???:

Nope, you are correct, I was too quick to make the statement about Netflix not coming close to matching the 36% increase for GP as I, quite obviously, didn't look at all yearly increases before making that statement. Mea culpa.

Regardless, the increase is similar in scope to some of the better yearly increases that Netflix has had meaning that if that increase for GP wasn't impressive then any year over year increases for Netflix weren't impressive as well.

Regards,
SB

Microsoft Patent Could Verify Physical Games for Xbox Digital Library

Sorry, Microsoft. I claim prior art. Pay me royalties on every Series S sold and I'll let you license the tech.

If they want to encourage me to go all digital, they'd have to provide some means for me to retain access to my existing library without the need to repurchase thousands of dollars worth of digital games. I don't know if something like this could work, but if you could link an Xbox One to a Series S (usb, wifi directly, or through your home network), insert your physical copy into your Xbox One as a key, and have the Series S recognize it and then download the digital game, that would allow physical libraries to remain active on Series S. Xbox One could enter low power mode so you're not running two consoles fully all the time. I'm sure there's some obvious hangup preventing such an arrangement, but I can't think of what it might be at the moment.

Microsoft Patent Could Verify Physical Games for Xbox Digital Library

In the technical landscape where I can put my iPad next to my Mac and drag things back and forth using the mouse like it's a single machine, accessing a trusted drive on another compatible console on your local network is definitely doable. But there usage case situation is probably so low as to this being down any priority list.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that cheque!

Bluray discs with embedded RFIDs and cheap RFID readers as accessories (<$20) or built in, if feasible, could readily work. You wouldn't need an extra console and you could use online checks to manage piracy.
Physical media is the new Amiibo

Allegedly there's a new Ps5 bundle out there, with Horizon Forbidden West. It includes a physical disc instead of a digital code.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/ps5-console-bundle-with-horizon-forbidden-west-spotted

ps5-console-bundle-horizon-forbidden-west.300x.jpg

Allegedly there's a new Ps5 bundle out there, with Horizon Forbidden West. It includes a physical disc instead of a digital code.

And dubiously, the basic Horizon Forbidden West PS5 bundle is out of stock. But you can get the Horizon Forbidden West PS5 bundle when additionally bundled with Lego Star Wars and Ghostwire Tokyo.

Shocker.

Back