All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2021 Edition]

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by BRiT, Feb 5, 2021.

1. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Goodtwin and DSoup like this.
  2. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Legend Veteran

I have noticed that Series S has been in stock at Best Buy for the last 3 days. Signs of S sales slowing down, or S having fewer supply issues?

Goodtwin likes this.
  3. ChuckeRearmed

Regular Newcomer

In pure hardware sales PS is bound to outsell Xbox. Xbox has more entry points anyway. It will be very difficult to compare because we need to think about PC, consoles, future XCloud. Then there is also gamepass.

I do wonder whether MS will generate more revenue than Sony in a long run or not though.

4. JPT

JPT
    Veteran

Xbox Series vs Playstation 5, my guess is Playstation will have more revenue on the hardware.
    Playstation wll have more revenue on games sales
    Then the interesting part ,
    xCloud vs PSNow = guessing xCloud
    Xbox Live (is it still a thing?) vs PS+ = guessing Live
    Gamepass vs ???? = Gamepass

5. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

MS only cares about GamePass now. The Xbox Series consoles are just GP delivery mechanisms. Sony might outsell MS 2:1 again, but it won't matter if MS has 50+ million GP subscribers, which is the minimum I'm expecting by 2027. 100 million is not out of the question.

6. liams

Regular Newcomer

with the revenue from 100 million gamepass subscribers the amount of content they will be able to produce will be staggering. $12-18B per year of revenue depending on the standard/ultimate ratio, 0_0. Assuming they want a 50% profit margin, call it $6B on the low end, an average operating cost per employee of say $100-150k (not only wages, but including the cost of buildings, equipment etc), thats enough money to support a first party with 40-60 thousand people in it, holy shit.

The upper end of that is twice the size of the current xbox first party and bethesda, and the entirety or Take 2 interactive, EA, and Ubisoft, combined. Are there even that many people that are competent 'AAA' developers?

Johnny Awesome and BRiT like this.
  7. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

I think that's where they are headed. If MS could get away with it, they'd probably buy Sega, Square-Enix, Capcom and Ubisoft, but at some point they will have to grow what they have. They can probably buy their way to 30 studios without the regulators having a fit though. :)