[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

fearsomepirate said:
Here's my advice, take it for what you will: When you're in a high lag situation, don't run around corners. You will lose every face-to-face combat situation. Wait at the corner and listen to see if anyone is moving around. Focus more on trying to ambush other players, e.g., by hiding in some bushes, behind some barrels, near a door, etc, and used a silenced automatic weapon.

ur not the guy moving around the corner u will die every single time u meet a good run and gunner - simply because all things equal he will "see" you first - due to the netcode/client side hit detection. He will move around the corner, see you, shoot you. Meanwhile on your screen he will barely run around the corner before you are dead.

What u suggest is basically camping which only works vs newbs.

I guarantee you that 9/10 times, vs a person who has good eyes and aim, that strategy will not work. The only time ur gonna get the kill is if ur hidden good enough so that he fails to spot ur location before u open fire.

In all other cases u will loose because ur at a natural disadvantage - I see the camper before he sees me due to lag advantage for the run an gunner.

Further, once u learn maps, unless the camper is creative with his spots - u know where to look

Yes, some players do exploit lag to cheat. In COD, it is pretty obvious because the person switching will teleport all over the place.

I will give MW3 a go when it gets cheap. Games are very hit-and-miss, and I tend to get bored of COD long before I prestige, mainly because the objective-based modes are so poorly done (or random players tend to be too dumb to play them well), and I can only take so much TDM.

Phil said:
I'm mystified how you can have such a high K/D with the style of play you're using (run & gun). Okay, killstreaks inflate numbers, naturally - but as I have written above, run & gun usually tends to give me the frustrating kind of moments when I feel like throwing the gamepad at the wall or something. It's not that I'm not quick enough - quite the contrary - the problem with lag is that I'm sitting there yelling at screen that there was *nothing* I could have done better when running around the corner and already having him locked in while staring down the sights and firing away (short bursts). Imagine how utterly frustrating it is when the guy I was shooting at wasn't even looking in my direction (from my view) - yet killcam reveals that accoarding to his view, he turned to face the corner and sees me running around the corner without me even attempting to shoot or anything. If lag sometimes really results in being off by close to a second (possible even more), how could I ever have a chance if he sees me a full second in advance? In CoD - you're dead in less of a second against a skilled player - and there are many skilled players.

The only way I see run & gun having some benefit is that due to my quick and constant moving around, I'm a more difficult target to hit. This works well sometimes, but the moments when it doesn't just pulls the entire experience down for me.

As written in prior post ur at an advantage lag wise when running.

Other than that I dunno, I've always had a strategy of run and gun since cod2! I never stand still while shooting. while moving I always try to flank the enemy. I will not run in the middle of an open map! Thats just stupid!

I also tend to have a sense of where the enemy is- in mw2 I would throw nades across half the map (mid game, not only at spawn) and get kills. This helps!

I usually get the highest kdr and the most amounts of kills the smaller and more cqc based the map is.

In larger open maps my kdr tends to suffer as the quick moving and the corner advantage is reduced as there are simply less corners and more open areas where u can get shot from afar. I notice that in cqc a lot of players just don't aim fat enough, but ur moving around becomes worth less the larger the distance. Its Also helps u have practiced quickscope with 10 sensitivity while run an gunning - does wonders for your aim!

Side note: just did 48-7 in tdm which was sweet! Best yet for me in mw3.No nuke yet though :(

Btw: Killstreaks don't help as much as before as most of my choppers get shot down within 20 seconds :(

Anyways, ur on my friends list so just invite me to a party and ur welcome to follow me around!

Last edited by a moderator:
fearsomepirate said:
Yes, some players do exploit lag to cheat. In COD, it is pretty obvious because the person switching will teleport all over the place.

I will give MW3 a go when it gets cheap. Games are very hit-and-miss, and I tend to get bored of COD long before I prestige, mainly because the objective-based modes are so poorly done (or random players tend to be too dumb to play them well), and I can only take so much TDM.

This has nothing to do with cheating just the simple fact that ur at benefit when running!

I agree that stupid People ruing objective modes

Anyways here are some tips: for 99% of the maps use a smg.

Best smgs in the game are the pp90 and the mp7. The mp7 has better range due to less recoil, but pp90 is better up close due to insane fire rate.

Always use silenced weapons! I also use the extended ammo thingy in combination, as the larger magazines the better

Use assassin perk - uavs are more or less constant

Learn to look at the minimap while playing and looking at the environment at the same time

Use steady aim and always hip fire if in cqc

This has nothing to do with cheating just the simple fact that ur at benefit when running!

I agree that stupid People ruing objective modes
Lag switches really are a thing. Running doesn't make you teleport.
Halo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_LLN1_ZU0
Black Ops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPGf-ZYlL8
MW2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na_svh7q-gg

It's not super common, since it requires spending some actual money, but you'll see it once in a while, and it's quite obvious when you've seen it a couple time. The hackers are far more obvious, of course, since it's impossible to disguise invincibility or flying through the air!

fearsomepirate said:
Lag switches really are a thing. Running doesn't make you teleport.
Halo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_LLN1_ZU0
Black Ops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPGf-ZYlL8
MW2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na_svh7q-gg

It's not super common, since it requires spending some actual money, but you'll see it once in a while, and it's quite obvious when you've seen it a couple time. The hackers are far more obvious, of course, since it's impossible to disguise invincibility or flying through the air!

I know it exists. But u said it by quoting my run and gun post. which made me think u thought running and gunning is cheating

Anyways, u do realize that the longer u wait the more cheaters there will be right? (with regards to mw3)

Woah, another dude getting married. How soon ?

We may need to start a support group for married men soon. :devilish:

CoD MW3 reached 1 billion dollars in sales after 16 days, new world record.

They also have 6 million elite subscriptions so far. Crazy for a game without much new since mw2

I have to admit, the MP is a lot of fun and I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than the last few ones. It's not worlds better, but it does combine the best of the last few call of duty games IMO.

I also quite like the levels - with the exception of Carbon (too much run & gun).

I tried to convince her we could buy a really nice TV with the money saved by not putting flowers on the tables.

Anyway, I'm getting hitched Dec 28 in San Cristobal de Las Casas.

Congratulations Dude ! Its a wonderful life immediately after marriage :p ! Got married on Nov 19th and Am living my dreams right now !
Say goodbye to gaming for sometime and make it even better(although I couldn't. well I did, but just fora few days )

My advice:
The sex is infinitely better and more rewarding after a successfull hard working day defending your country in MW3. You know you want it! :p

Anyone tried out Survival mode under Special-Ops? It's fun!

Played a bit with my buddy and we lasted up to wave 33 in Seatown. Excellent stuff - it starts a bit boring but gets interesting quickly as soon as you have earned some cash for weapons/sentries and the first juggernauts are sent in.

As fun as it is, it also highlights my biggest complaint with this mode: you can only maximum play with a friend. What a pitty - this would be even more fun in a group of up to 4 players.

BTW; if someone here has played survival; anyone know if there's a bug with the sentry guns? We noticed in just about every game that when your sentries are taken out, the game still has them labled as "full" (e.g. you still have one), yet at that point, both sentries were definately already gone and not on the map anymore. Even after a few further waves, the game would still prevent me from buying another one. Eventually it would solve it itself, after re-checking the computer again after every wave.

Strangely, this only happens every now and then. Inbetween, I can buy a sentry immediately after losing it. Unfortunately, can't find much help on the internet, yet I feel it's something everyone should come across in this mode, as sentry guns are essential in the higher levels...

I enjoyed Survival quite a bit. I personally like it better than co-op bot matches in Black Ops, but the IRL friend I play with prefers bot matches.

Back