[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Its erratic and based on pure luck. Sometimes I get perfect connections and sometimes the game would just keep throwing me into games where my ping is beyond playable.

I'll try different times of the day to see when I can get into more local games. Is there no way to customise the match finding process and choose which lobby to join?

RenegadeRocks said:
Its erratic and based on pure luck. Sometimes I get perfect connections and sometimes the game would just keep throwing me into games where my ping is beyond playable.

I'll try different times of the day to see when I can get into more local games. Is there no way to customise the match finding process and choose which lobby to join?

No.

Where do you live? What connection do you have?

You also have to factor in that many games, such as battlefield go out of their way to hide lag cod doesn't and with it's extreme pace makes it noticeable I u have lag.

I have never had any significant lag in mw3, other than the times I forget to turn off utorrent.

When you search for games in the upper right corner it will say searching for games with less than X ping. If it is above 50 I just press circle and start matchmaking again!

Yes, I do agree on that part that other shooters hide lag in whatever way they can. bF3 has no killcam, so small laga don't really register, other than the odd feeling,"how did I die?" KZ2 used to award the kill to both the guys if lag intervened.Lag, when there, is noticeable in MW3 as the game is fast and killcams bring out the other guy's view perfectly.

I am gwtting into more local games now, so lag isn't an issue. Also, m tryint to add more an more people to my friend list when I am in a game where my ping is below100, so that I can just join their game instead of matchmaking and land into a local game directly.

I am at level 42 or something now and my interest is waning just a bit.Though, I have unlocked P90 and that has brought me back in, but not having "focus" on P90 makes me go back to my UMP45 mid-match. Maybe, I should try other game modes now.

BTW, iI really like Hardhat, mission, Arkaden,Dome,underground, village and loathe Resistance. I just quit if the next round goes to Resistance. Hate that map.

Mp7 is best hun in game imo

But pp90 (not p90) is a very close runner up. U should try to use it instead of P90. Its insane rate of fire makes it best cqc gun in game.

Also if u want tactical gameplay, try search & destroy! With full grip and mics it can be quite intense

Cheezdoodles said:
Mp7 is best hun in game imo

But pp90 (not p90) is a very close runner up. U should try to use it instead of P90. Its insane rate of fire makes it best cqc gun in game.

Also if u want tactical gameplay, try search & destroy! With full grip and mics it can be quite intense

P90 is a beast for me!
Pp90 is brutal as well!
I just look at the firerate of the gins: the higher, the better for me!

So there was an update and InfinityWard give us a new map for free - Terminal - from MW2!
I'm still amazed how much fun I'm having playing this on a regular basis. IMO the most fun I've had playing a CoD online so far.

Awesome!

Jostepop - we should definately try to meet up online for a few matches!

I got tired of the game around level 44 or something. Sold it ! Its a fun ride, but i don't see myself playing it for looong a time , like bf3. There's only sommuch you can learn and do in MW3, after that its all just deja vu.
Even after almost an year of playing, BF3 still has fresh experiences for me. Things i never thought of doing or never did before. Areas in maps I didn't know that well, etc, etc.

Both have their own charm, I guess. One is fast and frantic, rewards you lavishly but predictable and short. Another is rhythmically slow and frantic and chaotic but remains fresh and is like a highway trip that never ends. There's always more to see.

Phil said:
So there was an update and InfinityWard give us a new map for free - Terminal - from MW2!
I'm still amazed how much fun I'm having playing this on a regular basis. IMO the most fun I've had playing a CoD online so far.

Awesome!

Jostepop - we should definately try to meet up online for a few matches!

We definitely should!

I haven't played in ages thought, as I found new love for bf3 after getting over how incredibly shit the aiming mechanics are in bf3! The large scale maps and destruction keeps things fresh.

RenegadeRocks said:
Yeah, aiming is pretty shitty in console bf3 . I could n't get used to it for the longest time :( !

It really is a shame, because its mindblowingly easy to fix (turn off accelerated aiming )

Kz2 had the same ridiculously shitty system, but at least guerrilla listened to the complaints and gave us an option to fix it.

It really is a shame, because its mindblowingly easy to fix (turn off accelerated aiming )

Kz2 had the same ridiculously shitty system, but at least guerrilla listened to the complaints and gave us an option to fix it.

Yup ! Resistance3 also had an option and I was at home with it instantly. Maybe DICE dowsn't know that people want the option.
Also, I got used to accelerated aiming in other games easily, like KZ2, but I still fumble sometimes with BF3. Especially when I start using a new gun.

RenegadeRocks said:
Yup ! Resistance3 also had an option and I was at home with it instantly. Maybe DICE dowsn't know that people want the option.
Also, I got used to accelerated aiming in other games easily, like KZ2, but I still fumble sometimes with BF3. Especially when I start using a new gun.

While you can get used to it, accelerated aiming ruins your aim in all other games.

I'm surprised cuz cod2 already had a "perfect" aiming system (same as in all cods) and most devs just copy that, with great success as you instantly feel at home with any game that has no aim acceleration.

Instead with this shit, I have to learn how fast the aim moves for different positions of the stick. Which is retarded

I got tired of the game around level 44 or something. Sold it ! Its a fun ride, but i don't see myself playing it for looong a time , like bf3. There's only sommuch you can learn and do in MW3, after that its all just deja vu.
I've never understood how people have the patience to get max prestige in COD without leaving it and playing some other game. I've played WaW more than any of the others, and I'm only on my 3rd prestige. Still. I think I tired of Black Ops right near the end of my first prestige.

I wonder that too. Although, I must admit - I never prestige, but once in BlackOps and regreted it. Not because of losing the weapons, but because they took away the cash too at which I also lost my art-work on my creative sticker thingy.

I also wonder how many hours of play time it takes to get to the max prestige. I think I've played MW3 more than any other CoD and I'm at close to 5 days of game time. I think KZ2 is still my record FPS though - if I recall correctly I was over 200 hours which would be over 8 days of play time.

Since I haven't prestiged in MW3, I wonder at which prestige level I'd be if I had.

Phil said:
I wonder that too. Although, I must admit - I never prestige, but once in BlackOps and regreted it. Not because of losing the weapons, but because they took away the cash too at which I also lost my art-work on my creative sticker thingy.

I also wonder how many hours of play time it takes to get to the max prestige. I think I've played MW3 more than any other CoD and I'm at close to 5 days of game time. I think KZ2 is still my record FPS though - if I recall correctly I was over 200 hours which would be over 8 days of play time.

Since I haven't prestiged in MW3, I wonder at which prestige level I'd be if I had.

Takes about 24 hours to get one prestige in any of the cod games, plus minus a few hours

Back