[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

I hope this means new engine and not just some flares added in like Blops.

Infinity Ward, the studio behind Call of Duty and Modern Warfare, is leaving its previously used game engine technology behind for Modern Warfare 3. Will that put an end to cracks about the developer using Quake III Arena-era tech?

While those digs against Infinity Ward may have been unfair and inaccurate—its in-house IW Engine has been regularly updated and refined over the years—the next Call of Duty game appears to leave its id Tech 3 legacy behind.

"We haven't gone into detail on the engine yet but we've moved beyond the [Modern Warfare 2] engine and added a lot of cool stuff for [Modern Warfare 3]," writes Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling on Twitter.

We'll see what that looks like tonight, when Activision and Infinity Ward release Modern Warfare 3's first gameplay trailer.
http://kotaku.com/5804735/the-maker-of-modern-warfare-3-has-moved-beyond-its-modern-warfare-2-tech

<< Insert obligatory mention of boycotting Activision and Cows on Duty: Milking Warfare series here >>

;)

mmm... and what a missed opportunity to just make the "3" a rotated M/W. :p Now I can't call them lazy devs. :(

This is the same engine as COD4 one but certainly improved.Its not HD so I can't tell for sure but to me it looks great.MW2 looked pretty damn impressive running at 60fps so I'm sure MW3 will look even better...Maybe they should go all out and just dumb it down to 30fps so people can be more happy with graphics?Of course,then they would complain about IW not caring about performance;)

Its definitely not easy to be developer of COD series,thats evident...

EDIT.

I edited first post with HD trailer so I can be for sure...Yea,it looks great :)

Yeah, it'd be neat to see a feature on the evolution of the games this gen. I can say this much, the trailer wasn't native 720p (the shock & horror!).

Yeah, it'd be neat to see a feature on the evolution of the games this gen. I can say this much, the trailer wasn't native 720p (the shock & horror!).
So its console footage?I thought last COD trailers were from PC.Maybe not but generally beside IQ there isn't much difference in COD games between boxes and PC.

Yeah, there are some pretty obvious signs of undersampling and a few thin edges that just have missing sections to them.

Wonder if they'll bring back online co-op.

Yeah, there are some pretty obvious signs of undersampling and a few thin edges that just have missing sections to them.

Wonder if they'll bring back online co-op.
Yea,if anything it did look a bit soft to me.Still looks pretty cool,especially NY at 60fps:smile:
I dunno about online co op but I know they will have dedicated servers.Robert Bowling confirmed it an hour ago.

I think they will have more of their Spec-ops missions, so at least that's a bit of online co-op.

I like it, the thing about MW series is that the set pieces are all very interesting and well scripted, though the lack of fancy graphical effects kinda let it down a bit. If cod is ever a 30fps game on consoles then the potential should be right up there with the top tier exclusives. Hope the ps3 version fairs better this time.

<< Insert obligatory mention of boycotting Activision and Cows on Duty: Milking Warfare series here >>

Thanks Mod! I come all the way over here to post just this!! Nice to know I am not the only one boycotting. Which sucks for me because I rule at MW... and not so much Halo. meh. But I am sure my actions will will the praise of IW errr Respawn :LOL: Anyhow, I really liked CoD4 and MW2. I may silently sneak a copy if it has 4 player coop and allows humans to be the enemies in SP :p

Whoa ! Did they just show off their whole campaign in the very first trailer :oops: ! So much for surprises :LOL: !

Looks good graphically just like IW CODs do, much better than the amateurish attempts of Treyarch to make their games look good. IW 's aesthetics are way beyond Treyarch's. So, looking at the game it seems some of the art team must be the same as MW2 and COD4 as the colours look balanced and like previous CODs.

So, how many of the actual "COD" devs are working on this one at IW?
Wasn't MW3 supposedly being made at some Beachhead studios or something :???: ?

As for buying or boycotting ;), well, I haven't bought a COD since COD4. That was my last COD. But I did enjoy split screen Spec-ops at a friend's place, but nothing else about the game felt anywhere cerebral enough to spend time on. The graphics looked great, though, on the ps3, and that was about all the praise I could mutter.

As for BO campaign, we abandoned it after 15 mins. It was horrible, but then that was Treyarch. They have never really captured the spirit of COD in their campaigns.

I am sure this will sell 25 million or so, whether I love it or hate it ;) ! But the trailer looks good, too bad I lost the taste for its gameplay a while back !

From what i heard of some other rumors on twitter.
FourTwoZero kinda joked about dedicated server on consoles.
And he kinda confirmed they are aiming for 60 fps.

Don't understand why microsoft themselves dont rent out dedicated server like 800msp for a 5~10 vs 5~10 per month i would do it.
Clans could split the cost of their dedicated server. Of course i rather have microsoft allow the 5 biggest server renters on live for competition but we are talking about microsoft here.;)

Back