New Virtua Fighter 5 Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks sooooo good. The parry looks natural to. I dislike the look of any air juggles though, I wish Sega abolished air juggles all together...

it's throw break btw not parry, i'll post if i find anything else - vids of the monkey style girl pending! Info's coming slowly but surely.

Looks very good. Especially the lighting looks amazingly realistic, whatever people say, it's way better than another fighting game just released on a next gen console that i won't name.
Seems like the same game all over again but with better graphics, but that's the case for every single new instalment.

I just wish Sega would use their technology for more interesting new franchises other than VF, HOTD and the usual 3 games they come out in the arcades every so often...

london-boy said:
Looks very good. Especially the lighting looks amazingly realistic, whatever people say, it's way better than another fighting game just released on a next gen console that i won't name.
Seems like the same game all over again but with better graphics, but that's the case for every single new instalment.

I don't think it looks better just different.

Nice animation in the moves :D

Last edited by a moderator:
GB123 said:
I don't think it looks better just different.

Nice animation in the moves :D

I meant just the lighting. Like a generation apart. Obviously DOA4 makes it up with huge very detailed backgrounds.

Much more impresed by that VF5 video than I expected. Hopefully they'll be able to tone down some of the plastic look in the closer shots of the characters. The movements were nice (I agree about the air juggle though), and I especially liked that they had some movement to the cloth. I wasn't really expecting it to look very good in motion.

Nite_Hawk

Really nice. I watched it frame by frame, and I am very impressed by the texture on the clothes and the self shadowing:D If it was only a bit longer!

I reckon that given the video was from a handy cam - direct feed would be incredible, but we'll see. I don't think people should be walking on egg shells with regard to comparing VF5
In regards to gameplay, every subsequent generation of VF has been WAY different from its predecessor, VF5 shouldn't be any different. AM2 have always innovated in the realm fighting games and every other Major 3dfighting game (so it would seem) have *borrowed* ideas from them as it would seem.

BTW -That low kick that made vennessa flip - she only flipped because she was already KO'd, which makes them rag doll like, and you can do sadistic things post KO.

With juggles, you gotta make the thing interesting and variable.

WIth graphics, You can't say one game looks better than the other because of so and so elements, it's the some of the parts, and really, VF5 blows DOA4 out of the water AFAIK. Plus we've only seen stills of backgrounds and models, which don't say much looking at this handy cam footage.

Anyone notice Vanessa disappears just before the end of the replay in that video? She was on the floor and suddenly she disappears.

Is that kind of telling that they might be using a higher detail model for winning pose shot?

Daryl said:
DOA4 blows that out of the water.
Daryl said:
The funny thing is people are only saying it looks good cus it's on PS3!
Wouldn't it be funny if it came to 360 first..all these posts would stop.

These are not helpful.

It looks great because it looks great. Any console version of it is going to have its textures (and other stuff) cut down, as its running on something with nearly 3x the ram (1gb main and 256-512 vid ram).

V3 said:
Anyone notice Vanessa disappears just before the end of the replay in that video? She was on the floor and suddenly she disappears.

Is that kind of telling that they might be using a higher detail model for winning pose shot?

I noticed that too. It's possible that it's just a little bug from it not being a final build? I can't remember if VF4 did the same, but I vaguely remember it doing the same thing (anyone know?)

It does look pretty good.

It doesn't look like anything X360 couldn't attempt, though.

I dont know what was up with DOA4. Considering Itagaki has always pushed the graphical limits on Xbox, talk about a disappointment, that it looked comparable in some ways to the Xbox titles in hi res.

Maybe chalk it up to not enough time..

Nerve-Damage said:

CPU: Intel Pentium Processor 3.0Ghz with 1 Megabyte L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Compatible, 800MHz FSB

Memory: 184pin DDR SD-RAM PC3200 512 Megabytes x 2 (dual)

GPU: NVIDIA GPU, 256 bit GDDR3 Memory 256 Megabytes. Compatible with Vertex Shader 3.0 and Pixel Shader 3.0. Can output same or different video stream to two screens

OK, what I am about to say is not intended as a silly ****** comparison btw, but I'm bashfully assuming these specs basically set in stone that the current 'gen' of game (software) technology doesn't no way near require the seemingly enourmous bandwidth and/or raw horsepower and/or features that X360 or PS3 have, theoretically, to offer... Apologies if I missed it, but any final word on the GPU yet? Is it a 7800GT/GTX?...

Anyways, watched the video. Short and sweet, but liked what I saw very much I must say :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back