New Virtua Fighter 5 Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daryl said:
It does look pretty good.

It doesn't look like anything X360 couldn't attempt, though.

I dont know what was up with DOA4. Considering Itagaki has always pushed the graphical limits on Xbox, talk about a disappointment, that it looked comparable in some ways to the Xbox titles in hi res.

Maybe chalk it up to not enough time..

I think DOA4 was ported from an Xbox build and probably hindered its development at a later stage.

fps

Vysez said:
Thanks for the link, beanlove.

I mirrored the video since the server is really slow:

http://rapidshare.de/files/12798613/vf5_aki_win_pose_Shaky_Cam.AVI.html

It's really short but the quality is better than all the other videos seen since now, and it show a nice move.

We need direct feed videos, Sega!

It is very nice. I like detail, self-shadow, high-lights, and also animation looks good but clip is very short so I cannot be sure for this aspect. Do you know what is frame-rate and render resolution? Thank you.

dukmahsik said:
it looks nice, a tad nicer than DOA4 but DOA4 isn't made from the ground up for 360

What do you mean a 'tad' nicer, I swear people here are blind. It's MUCH better than DOA4. And why give concessions to DOA4? DOA4 is what it is. Let's just be honest and be objective.

beanlove said:
What do you mean a 'tad' nicer, I swear people here are blind. It's MUCH better than DOA4. And why give concessions to DOA4? DOA4 is what it is. Let's just be honest and be objective.

Its not that people are blind its that the Video is bad quailty.

Besides i don't think VF5 (from what i have seen) looks a huge deal better than DOA4.

GB123 said:
Its not that people are blind its that the Video is bad quailty.

Besides i don't think VF5 (from what i have seen) looks a huge deal better than DOA4.

What VF5 looks like in real life, can only look substantially better than what we see in that video - that's a FACT.

beanlove said:
What VF5 looks like in real life, can only look substantially better than what we see in that video - that's a FACT.

You could argue about it looking better until you were old and grey but these things are generally down to personal opinion.

So i guess it doens't matter.

beanlove said:

okay from those vids and pics compared to what's displayed on my plasma with DOA4 that is my finding. u can swear all u want until i have VF5 playing on my plasma to better compare it.

Guys, let's keep this thread about VF5 only, please.
I already pruned the thread because of the unfair comment toward DOA4, let's not turn this thread into a pointless comparison thread.
ihamoitc2005 said:
Do you know what is frame-rate and render resolution? Thank you.
The Frame rate is, of course, 60FPS, and I don't remember reading anything with reagard to the resolution.

14 more videos were released from a Location Test for VF5. Its kinda crappy shakey cam but you see actual gameplay (people in front of the arcade playing the game). You also see a variety of different characters used, from El Blaze to Lion to Eileen.

Oh...and I proclaim as El Blaze as my character!

http://hosted.filefront.com/vfdc

Heinrich4 said:
Extremely beatifull light efects :oops:

Yep. Seriously though, I think Sega is pulling a Sony/Nintendo in that they are releasing NO media. Then they hit us with some direct feed 720p video...then

BOOM!

Animation

mckmas8808 said:
WOW! The self-shadowing!:oops:

Lighting and shadow is very nice but some animation is not so great like walking or falling on face after losing. Some animation is very good like how body is moving after it is hit by enemy but I feel this makes bad animation aspect more clear. If all animation is not so great then maybe it is not so easy to notice bad aspects. Walking animation is really bad like old games but graphics is pretty.

ihamoitc2005 said:
Lighting and shadow is very nice but some animation is not so great like walking or falling on face after losing. Some animation is very good like how body is moving after it is hit by enemy but I feel this makes bad animation aspect more clear. If all animation is not so great then maybe it is not so easy to notice bad aspects. Walking animation is really bad like old games but graphics is pretty.

Yep, I totally agree with you. Now that the graphics look so nice the last gen animation sticks out so much more. I hope they work on the animation before bringing it to the PS3.

Gameplay Streaming vids.

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=5660&table=game_xbox02&main=xbox

A 720p gamplay vid like doa4 ones would really set the difference between both games. Shadowing and lightning is insane here ( and thats the main thing next gen should give at first graphically )

I love when ppl say the game is graphiqually equivalent to Doa4, there is much more difference between a vf5 and doa4 than doa3 ultimate and doa4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like VF.tv - hear the commentator?!

Hmm, people here are insane if the winpose akira file doesn't scream or whisper next gen to you. It's not a matter of taste, it is what it is - DOA4 failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back