New Virtua Fighter 5 Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mckmas8808 said:
After seeing those pics above how can someone not be happy about them? They look great.

i already see ppl coming => "look at those jaggies"
:LOL:

Looks really nice, even better in motion.

Reminder

Why some of you people feel the need to compare the artstyle and the graphics of Virtua Fighter 5 with any other game out there? And more exactly, why some of you feel the need to do this comparison while the thread has already be pruned twice because of those pointless comparisons?

This thread is about VF5, not about VF5 artstyle/graphics compared to anything else.

Let's bring back this thread on rail.
And to answer your question, weaksauce, those latest pics are downsampled from 720p.

And the game looks excellent, as always. And more importantly, from the latest reports, it also plays excellently.

I'm just wondering what's with these games and retarded wrestler-types. :p

I'm liking the way Eileen looks right now, though.

Vysez said:
Why some of you people feel the need to compare the artstyle and the graphics of Virtua Fighter 5 with any other game out there? And more exactly, why some of you feel the need to do this comparison while the thread has already be pruned twice because of those pointless comparisons?

And the game looks excellent, as always. And more importantly, from the latest reports, it also plays excellently.

I compare the detail of the skin, just to make an evidence of what I say about this
I apologize if I broke a rule but How can I say that the skin can be rendered a lot better, without an example?

I just don't like the game, if you think that this thing is excellent ok, but this is only an opinion, as mine, as others

in my opinion the game looks false and bad, I don't like it, just as I don't like other BEU as DOA4
maybe it's my fault but I don't like playing with dolls in BEU games

Played it at the AOU

I got to play VF 5 at the AOU this past Friday, and it was pretty damn sweet. I'm not big into the VF series, so I can't say much about the game's system, but the graphics were absolutely amazing. Yes the skin on most of the characters looked a little on the plastic side, but other than that it was just about the best looking video game I have seen thus far.

I'm sure a lot of other better looking games will come along in the near future, but for now VF 5 has my vote for number one.

mckmas8808 said:
But aren't they both humans though? Why should their skin look so different?

Art for the first and the goals of the game in how you invest and make the best use on whats availiable on the system and its limits.

Griffith said:
what?
I know that there's not conversion for home console, only a rumor for 360, where do you get the ps3 thing?

just for curiosity, because I don't like the look of the game, a lot of games have self shadowing, and the fighter seems to me as plastic Mattel doll as like "big jim" series

For me to compare the two i would need to play either an arcade verion of the game or a demo on a PS3 cause i think its where VF5 is headed in what i have read.
Why? Because i played FN3 demo on 360 so i cant make an accurent judgement between the two..

Then you cant compare these as apples to apples and its a little absurd doing that.

Maybe a developer like a certain look but you do not so i dont see what you are ranting about?

overclocked said:
For me to compare the two i would need to play either an arcade verion of the game or a demo on a PS3 cause i think its where VF5 is headed in what i have read.
Why? Because i played FN3 demo on 360 so i cant make an accurent judgement between the two..

Then you cant compare these as apples to apples and its a little absurd doing that.

Maybe a developer like a certain look but you do not so i dont see what you are ranting about?

I really wonder if the people read my replies before answer

so I have to play the game to talk about the skin of fighters?
the gameplay can change the look of the skin?

have I never compared the whole game of vf5 with the whole game of fn3?
is that difficult to understand that I was comparing the skin, s-k-i-n, of the players?
it is?

and I don't understand the people that says "vf5 is the best beat'em up" without have never touched it or read a review

came on, be more fair, people.
it can be a good game or a bad game, we will know when it will came out, not before
the only thing sure is that the fighters looks as like dolls, with plastic skin, and this is all what I've talked about

i wonder how sweat skin looks like.... oh, it does looks like plastic. Unless people who fight dont sweat, i see nothing wrong...

but now that i think about that, i think they should start with a "non-sweat" look when the fight begins and starting to look completelly sweatty as the fight goes on...

dskneo said:
i wonder how sweat skin looks like.... oh, it does looks like plastic. Unless people who fight dont sweat, i see nothing wrong...

but now that i think about that, i think they should start with a "non-sweat" look when the fight begins and starting to look completelly sweatty as the fight goes on...

next gen 'sweat skin' seems plastic?
no

nba8au.jpg

vf5 looks plastic?
yes

sub_vane_p02.jpg

dskneo said:

It's reasonable that they'd warm up before the fight and build up a sweat that way, or it could just be so hot in the arena they're fighting in that they sweat anyway.

Griffith said:
next gen 'sweat skin' seems plastic?
no

nba8au.jpg

vf5 looks plastic?
yes

sub_vane_p02.jpg

To be really fair, why not pick up a picture of NBA-Whatever from as far away as the pic of VF5 and check how plastic-y it looks?
Still, i odn't know why you bother posting here, you made it clear you're not interested in VF5, your constant posts to prove your points here will only be seen as trolling.

[Moderated]

Griffith said:
I really wonder if the people read my replies before answer..

I counted 8 posts of you in this thread all saying you don't like the look of this game because of this skin. I think we all know by now..

You know what I don't like?

The look of this game.

Because of the skin.

I mean... it's all... what's the word? Plastic-y!

I just thought you all should know.

I'll tell you again later.

;)

Griffith said:
in my opinion the game looks false and bad, I don't like it, just as I don't like other BEU as DOA4
maybe it's my fault but I don't like playing with dolls in BEU games

Dude, we get your point. Now please, stop comparing screenshots! In my opinion the skin looks fine and stop trying to prove I'm wrong.
If you want to skip this game just because you don't like the skin I really feel sorry for you.
Also, no one is saying "vf5 is the best beat'em up". We're just looking forward to it because we enjoyed the previous installments.
After all, it's just a game. You will always be playing with 'dolls', no matter how good they look. If you want the real deal, join your local boxing/karate club.

Griffith said:
I really wonder if the people read my replies before answer

so I have to play the game to talk about the skin of fighters?
the gameplay can change the look of the skin?

have I never compared the whole game of vf5 with the whole game of fn3?
is that difficult to understand that I was comparing the skin, s-k-i-n, of the players?
it is?

and I don't understand the people that says "vf5 is the best beat'em up" without have never touched it or read a review

came on, be more fair, people.
it can be a good game or a bad game, we will know when it will came out, not before
the only thing sure is that the fighters looks as like dolls, with plastic skin, and this is all what I've talked about

Well as the thread is about VF5 and not barbie-dolls, we know you think it looks like plastic dolls so whats the point in argumenting something you cant possible have right on?

If you wonder what that is, its the FREE vill and opinion of every member here.

So lets discuss VF5 and stop this now before the thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back