All purpose Sales and Sales Rumors and Anecdotes [2018 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we like to stay away from the amazon hourly charts, but I took a peak to see how the E3 Xbox price cuts were panning out.

Seems decently well, now Amazon actually has had both Xbox SKU's in stock whenever I've checked which is a rarity seemingly for Xbox/PS, but should definitely be helping their ranking.

Anyways XS is at 28 and XX 34. I dont see any PS SKU in the top 100. Switch is #19 and 38.

XX has moved up a bit in the 2018 YTD sales to #54, vs it's competitor PS4 Pro at #67. I remember Pro had been slightly ahead to to a discussion I had with DJSkribbles.

YTD PS Slim is ahead of any Xbox SKU at #37, but it seems wildly out of stock (only a "see more buying options" tab), which is why I dont see any PS SKU currently in the top 100.

This constant stock nonsense is why I cant put too much into Amazon any more. The rankings vary according to who is in stock.

Edit: Pro also out of stock unsurprisingly given it's absence from top 100 hourly.

Data is incomplete. No MS Store (Windows) data, no Blizzard PC data, etc. But interesting nonetheless.

Cool to see State of Decay 2 is selling really well in Europe, and that's without PC sales data.

Wondered why Just Cause 3 was so high, but evidently it's due to a massive price cut.

Also some PC exclusives in the list. Might be due in large part to the GOG summer sale. Steam summer sale is coming at the end of the month and might give PC titles another boost.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines at 28 (one of my all time top 10), AWESOME! Likely getting a boost from Vampyr's release. CohhCarnage mentions it anytime someone asks what Vampyr is like and whether Vampyr is any good. He's got a lot of European viewers due to when he streams.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Wow! Much more than I thought. I presume during buildup to TLOU2 the sales will be steady, expecially since the game can be purchased for really cheap now.

According to the wikipedia, there are only few playstation games that are above 17M - PS2 San Andreas with 17.3, PS3 GTAV with 21M and most probably GTAV on PS4 [it's not listed on wiki].

Wow that's last year's FIFA.

I understand it's WC and all but most futbol fans would have had it back in the fall when it came out.

Original SoD was digital only, I think. A sequel to a DD only game with a lower-than-premium price would seem more naturally to lean towards digital sales.

Plus Gamepass, of course.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...act-the-steam-sale-has-on-the-european-charts

EMEA sales chart

Digital data includes games sold in Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and UAE.

Physical data includes all games, but only those sold in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Participating companies in the digital charts are Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Codemasters, EA, Focus Home Interactive, Koch Media, Microsoft, Milestone, Paradox, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Take-Two, Ubisoft and Warner Bros.

Interesting thread/comment on Neogaf, some sort of alleged feud between Sony and Amazon (amazon also supposedly feuding with Disney and Nintendo in the past)

For all intent and purposes, Amazon has stopped carrying Sony PS4 hardware in an official capacity, since at least a month or two.

I guess he means why I've been noticing a lot of Sony hardware available only from 3rd party sellers. That will hurt their chart positions artificially (Amazon).

Edit: I checked and right now both Xbox SKU's in top 100 rank low and are from 3rd party seller too. Have not heard any Xbox feud mentioned though.

Basically Amazon rankings are a mockery lately.

Only the first link is Amazon, the second is 'Sold by NXTech and Fulfilled by Amazon.' and the third is 'Dispatched from and sold by Game Trade Online.'.

But it makes you wonder if Amazon do have some beef with Sony, why they sell their own stock and other seller's stock. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe it's the other way around? Maybe Sony has some beef with Amazon.

Maybe it's the other way around? Maybe Sony has some beef with Amazon.
Maybe Sony ordered something and despite Amazon's lying driver's statement, he actually didn't ring the bloody bell because he never tried to deliver the damn package.

We've all been there. :yep2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back