All purpose Sales and Sales Rumors and Anecdotes [2017 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they've already preordered the Switch from elsewhere. Or they're buying it as a present for someone who's going to get a Switch.
Two and a half weeks. Will I get it? Will I cancel? Who knows.:nope: Who cares!!! :nope:

Or they've already preordered the Switch from elsewhere. Or they're buying it as a present for someone who's going to get a Switch.

Possibly, but AFAIK, everyplace that allows you to pre-order the Switch also allows you to pre-order The Legend of Zelda for Switch. It'd be a bit strange if they pre-ordered the game separately from the console in a case like that.

Regards,
SB

Possibly, but AFAIK, everyplace that allows you to pre-order the Switch also allows you to pre-order The Legend of Zelda for Switch. It'd be a bit strange if they pre-ordered the game separately from the console in a case like that.
Welcome to the internet, where people have no fucking sense and some are plain nuts. :yep2:

You only need one more person to have preordered the game (as a gift) than preordered the console for the game to rank one position higher than the console.

Preordering is not something I usually do but I'm hoping to see a Switch in the mail on the 4th. Probably the 6th tho.
Grey Joy-Cons because I have no personality.
This is a bundle with Zelda, 1-2 Switch and 3 random Amiibos for 699 Singdollah.
My girl is a Splatoonoholic so I can use the upcoming global Testfire for justification

Preordering is not something I usually do but I'm hoping to see a Switch in the mail on the 4th. Probably the 6th tho.
Grey Joy-Cons because I have no personality.
This is a bundle with Zelda, 1-2 Switch and 3 random Amiibos for 699 Singdollah.
My girl is a Splatoonoholic so I can use the upcoming global Testfire for justification

I read Grey Gun-Cons :'-( Man I feel sooooooo old now

3151231-gcon45_1.jpg

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/...ales.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.ca/

915000 PSVR sold through but not enough PSVR production for Japan for example

It turns out Mr. House was too cautious. The headset, PlayStation VR, has been scarce in many stores, especially in Japan, since it went on sale in October. In an interview at his Silicon Valley office on Friday, Mr. House revealed PlayStation VR’s sales for the first time, saying consumers had purchased 915,000 of the headsets as of Feb. 19, roughly four months after it went on sale.

Edit: they will beat internal forecat

Sony’s internal goal was to sell one million of the headsets in its first six months, by mid-April. The company will almost certainly surpass that forecast. “You literally have people lining up outside stores when they know stock is being replenished,” said Mr. House, describing the scene in Japan, one of the largest games markets.

Edit2: better supply from April:

Mr. House said the supply of PlayStation VR headsets will improve by April. By fall, Sony expects to begin selling them in Latin America

Last edited:
Strange timing. Is this just because the Internet has got wind of Mr. House's story? I'd have thought they'd wait for the 1 million milestone.

Sony said:
The PS VR system is currently available in 64 countries and regions*3 worldwide.
*Not actually fucking available.

FTFY Sony. You're welcome. :yep2:

NE 01 HORIZON ZERO DAWN PEGI 16+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
NE 02 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD PEGI 12+ NINTENDO
03 03 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PEGI 18+ ROCKSTAR
NE 04 1-2 SWITCH PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
01 05 FOR HONOR PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
04 06 FIFA 17 PEGI 3+ EA SPORTS
NE 07 SUPER BOMBERMAN R PEGI 7+ KONAMI
07 08 ROCKET LEAGUE PEGI 3+ 505 GAMES
05 09 SNIPER ELITE 4 PEGI 16+ SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING
06 10 BATTLEFIELD 1 PEGI 18+ EA GAMES
08 11 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE PEGI 18+ ACTIVISION
09 12 RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD PEGI 18+ CAPCOM
11 13 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION PEGI 7+ MICROSOFT
14 14 HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON PEGI 18+ SQUARE ENIX
02 15 HALO WARS 2 PEGI 16+ MICROSOFT
10 16 FORZA HORIZON 3 PEGI 3+ MICROSOFT
13 17 OVERWATCH PEGI 12+ BLIZZARD
27 18 UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END PEGI 16+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
NE 19 THE WALKING DEAD: THE NEW FRONTIER PEGI 18+ TELLTALE GAMES
16 20 WWE 2K17 PEGI 16+ 2K
20 21 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. PEGI 18+ BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
19 22 POKEMON SUN PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
17 23 LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
RE 24 JUST DANCE 2017 PEGI 3+ UBISOFT
15 25 NIOH PEGI 18+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
21 26 STEEP PEGI 12+ UBISOFT
26 27 MAFIA III PEGI 18+ 2K
22 28 NBA 2K17 PEGI 3+ 2K
23 29 FALLOUT 4 PEGI 18+ BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
29 30 FINAL FANTASY XV PEGI 16+ SQUARE ENIX
12 31 WATCH DOGS 2 PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
40 32 TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
28 33 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION PEGI 7+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
35 34 RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER: 20 YEAR EDITION PEGI 18+ SQUARE ENIX
31 35 POKEMON MOON PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
24 36 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
37 37 ASSASSIN'S CREED: THE EZIO COLLECTION PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
38 38 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
RE 39 DISHONORED 2 PEGI 18+ BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
33 40 LEGO MARVEL AVENGERS PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

Good number in UK for Horizon Zero Dawn and Zelda

'Horizon Zero Dawn' tops week 9, ahead of 'The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild'

A bumper week for gaming is led by ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ which tops the chart as Sony’s biggest ever PS4 launch of a new IP (ahead of No Man’s Sky). Released on Wednesday ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ is also the biggest launch of the year so far and Sony’s biggest launch since ‘Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’. Ubisoft’s ‘For Honor’ falls from No1 to No5, having to make way for both Horizon Zero Dawn and new Nintendo Switch titles.

Released on Friday, Nintendo Switch brings with it ‘The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild’, which debuts at No2 for both Switch and Wii U. 78% of sales were for the Switch version with 22% for Wii U. The Switch version becomes the 3rd biggest ever launch of a Zelda title, behind ‘Wind Waker’ on Gamecube and ‘Twilight Princess’ on Wii.

There were 5 new Switch games at launch, 3 of which enter the Top 10 including ‘1-2 Switch’ new at No4 and Konami’s ‘Super Bomberman R’ debuting at No7. The Switch version of ‘Just Dance 2017’ helps Ubisoft’s game re-enter the Top 40 at No24, while the Switch version of ‘Skylanders Imaginators’ fails to lift the title back in to the chart. The only other new game to make the Top 40 this week is Telltale’s ‘The Walking Dead: The New Frontier’ which begins life at No19.

Good number in UK for Horizon Zero Dawn and Zelda

Show's how much the Wii-U is valued when...

Released on Friday, Nintendo Switch brings with it ‘The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild’, which debuts at No2 for both Switch and Wii U. 78% of sales were for the Switch version with 22% for Wii U. The Switch version becomes the 3rd biggest ever launch of a Zelda title, behind ‘Wind Waker’ on Gamecube and ‘Twilight Princess’ on Wii.

I wonder if this will manage to beat the attach rate of the first Halo game. I suspect it will, as I imagine almost everyone that got a Switch also got the Zelda game. Anecdotally, everyone I know that got a Switch also got Zelda. It's the first time in my personal experience where every single person I know that got X console also bought Y game.

Regards,
SB

I think the craziest news is GTAV selling just below bloody Horizon and Zelda. What the actual fk!
I think often times when there are big releases, the ranking can be mis-leading. The gap between Horizon/Zelda and GTAV is probably pretty big, but since there were no other notable releases, GTAV sits in third.

With that said, it's definitely mind blowing that GTAV continues to sell so well.

I think it's the fastest selling launch title because they have no pack-in game and no other real game available at launch. That's pretty much guaranteed 1 software sale for every hardware sale.

I think it's the fastest selling launch title because they have no pack-in game and no other real game available at launch. That's pretty much guaranteed 1 software sale for every hardware sale.

3DS didn't have any pack in titles either. Not sure about the original DS though as I never had one of those.

A bit part of it is that the game itself appears to be something either all or almost all Switch buyers purchased. Unlike with something like 3DS or any other console where launch day buyers all have different ideas of what they want as their 1-2 (not counting the hardcore gamers that buy most of the launch lineup :D) titles.

Heck even bundle titles often go mostly unused because it isn't something the console buyer wants to play. (IE - if they hadn't been bundled, most of the console buyers wouldn't have bought it).

Another way I look at it.

I see more people saying something like, "I need to have Zelda, but don't have or don't want a Wii-U." than I do people saying, "I want a Switch, so I guess I'll pick up Zelda." I personally don't know anyone that said the latter, but I'm sure there's probably some people that really wanted a Switch, and picked up Zelda just because.

I wish NPD still released numbers for hardware and software. It'd be really interesting to see how closely Zelda sales mirrored Switch sales. Possibly higher as the Wii-u/Switch versions came in somewhere around a 25/75 split (don't remember the exact split, but it's 2x/7x).

Regards,
SB

Switch sales 80,000 UK and 313k in Japan. The latter number is very similar to Wii, Wii U, and PS4 launches. The former number though is double Wii U. Caveat, I have no idea how much supply constraints factored in to any of those numbers.

I'm not a big fan of the Switch, but I've said I could see it selling significantly better than the Wii U, maybe up to 2X as much. The thing is 2X as much as Wii U would still make it a fairly failed console though. But I guess it's the right direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back