Official GT5 discussion thread

I went in this AM to level up my lvl2 B-SPEC racer and now I can't start any races. Tells me I don't have enough drivers. For the life of me, I can't find out where to create any drivers. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Additional drivers unlock as your B-Spec level increases.

I'm stuck though. I can't even go back and race any of the ones I've completed, and all the ones I haven't raced say the same thing.

AntShaw said:
I went in this AM to level up my lvl2 B-SPEC racer and now I can't start any races. Tells me I don't have enough drivers. For the life of me, I can't find out where to create any drivers. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Do you only have 1 driver? If you share him online he us unavailable for offline racibg until you switch off sharing.

I just had my most annoying gt5 moment:

Historical Racing cup B-spec. cote d'azur.
After countless tries, my driver gets lucky (read: the chaparal 2j race car gets unlucky and crashes). My driver is in the lead, but the chaparal eventually catches up and is right behind for the last lap. No problem i think, as my drivers best lap time is actually faster than the chaparal.

think again!

On the very last corner before the final straight, the chaparal does a pit manouvre on me, and steal the win!!

Æ"ØØ!Æؤ#!Æ"#Ø!*Æ#Ø!Æ#"Ø!ÆØ#Æ!Ø#!Æ"Ø#Æ!#"%R&¤!

I hate that vacuum cleaner of a car.

One notice: Why are people that are doing remote racing choosing all my low level drivers, and not the high level ones. I thought people realized by now that the driver level means nada, because the outcome of the remote racing (atleast in all the races i have seen) is simply down to who gets the best car.

For example, in the old american car race, the winner is allways the guy who ends up with the shelby ac cobra, no matter if he is level 1 or 40. The reason is ofcourse that the shelby cobra is about 3-5 seconds faster around the track than the other cars.

Nah… I think Polyphony can still improve on GT5. People are still crying for leaderboard for example, and more cars and tracks.

I thought they added leaderboards. Didnt spend time with the online so I wouldnt know.
But more cars? It probably has the most cars than any other sim out there. You probably mean premium models?
Regarding the tracks it was kind of disappointing that they removed many of the tracks that were in other GT games.

Haven't done a remote race in awhile, but I ended up picking 1-3 drivers per player and then those that where closest to level up at anytime.

I thought they added leaderboards. Didnt spend time with the online so I wouldnt know.
But more cars? It probably has the most cars than any other sim out there. You probably mean premium models?
Regarding the tracks it was kind of disappointing that they removed many of the tracks that were in other GT games.

As many cars that GT5 has, i feel a lot of them are quite worthless.

I could care less about having 30 different versions of Nissans 350z, same goes for all the countless skylines etc. however, i also get the fact that it requires very little work in creating all of these, so thats probably why there is so many of them.

I do feel that PD has missed out on some key cars. I know that the porsche license is quite expensive, and for me its the same if they use RUF's, but i would like to see more of them, in particular, i would like to see a 911 Turbo of the newest kind. considering how influential porsche has been in racing, this is quite a big miss for me.

Side note: why is there a Vantage 98 in the audi R8 remote online race? It is about 10-15 seconds slower per lap compared to the rest.

The reason why you don't have Porsche in GT is because EA holds exclusive licence, they will share out their licence with T10 but not with PD.

As many cars that GT5 has, i feel a lot of them are quite worthless.

I could care less about having 30 different versions of Nissans 350z, same goes for all the countless skylines etc. however, i also get the fact that it requires very little work in creating all of these, so thats probably why there is so many of them.

I do feel that PD has missed out on some key cars. I know that the porsche license is quite expensive, and for me its the same if they use RUF's, but i would like to see more of them, in particular, i would like to see a 911 Turbo of the newest kind. considering how influential porsche has been in racing, this is quite a big miss for me.

Side note: why is there a Vantage 98 in the audi R8 remote online race? It is about 10-15 seconds slower per lap compared to the rest.

On the other hand you have some excellent cars that i would think are beyond hard to come by in other racing games. Cars which in their self is just as important for real racing as the Porsche is.

First of all there is the ultimate racing machines from Ferrari, including two F1 racers and a historic racing machine. the 330 P4. Then you have an A list of Le Mans cars that makes any racing fan blind to naked woman stripping in front of him. The 787B in high detail! AUDI R10 R8 etc.. but the old school ones are the true beasts, the Jaguar XJR-9 the Toyota 88C etc..

And we have a bunch of jap GT cars that are fun to race, i found the NOMAD Diablo to be quite a discovery and a true gem in the rough.

I'll be running a ton of Remote Races next few days (as I've been doing the last few days). Add me as a friend and share your peeps. Don't forget to collect your prizes.

^^ There is no upper limit on prices. Even if you have 3 yellows nobody that i know of have reached a limit.

I have seen people withdraw as much as 1.9 million in credits from one racer!

The yellows do indicate accumulated credits, but there is no upper limit.

Has anyone completed the Redbull X1 challenge (with a DS3)?

It seems very hard.

Ya I remember it being pretty tough. Only managed bronze (with a wheel though) but I could probably get silver if I put in some time. I was satisfied with bronze because I just wanted to get the car.

The leaderboard wasn't there.

Yes, I meant more cars and more premium cars. ^_^

More tracks and special events would be nice too.

EDIT:
I didn't know 1.09 was out. I still haven't fully unpacked from my office move. :devilish:

But this is interesting:
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-meets-google-street-view-in-banner-ad/

If you’ve ever taken a look at photos of Gran Turismo 5’s real-world locations, you were surely impressed by the accuracy of the game’s city environments. When Russian ad agency SmartNewSolutions was tasked by Sony to create a banner ad for GT5, they wisely chose to highlight this trait in a 300x600 banner ad using Google Street View.

Would be interesting if Polyphony Digital (or even Modnation Racer) can integrate with Google maps so that I can create a track out of arbitrary map location.

Ya I remember it being pretty tough. Only managed bronze (with a wheel though) but I could probably get silver if I put in some time. I was satisfied with bronze because I just wanted to get the car.

Im struggeling to even get bronze with the DS3. Granted, i tried it very late last night and my tireness could be a major factor but i found the car to be to much for that poor dualshock to handle.

The speed you need is insane, and atleast with DS3, you need to turn before the turns actually happen. Ill see how hard it is when im more awake, or im just gonna wait until i get myself a wheel. I have been putting it off for to long anyway.

Or i can just wait for B-spec 35 and get the X2010 anyway.

Side note: Does anyone have a chaparall 2j they can share online?

Back