Formula 1 - 2011 Season

Just wanted to make a quick post that I'll be attending the grandprix at Spa! :D

Anyone else going to be there? General advice?

I can recommend camping. It is really close to the course, and the atmosphere is good, watch out for thieves though.
If you have GA tickets the slope in Pouhon (turn 10) is a good place to sit, be there early.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it and after Melbourne this year, this will be my second GP I'll be attending. We will not be camping though, as we'll be driving up from Zurich which is around a 5.5 hour drive and going to stay at a hotel close by. We have Gold 4 (Eau Rouge) tickets, but it's an uncovered grandstand, so we're out in the rain when it does. :)

Really looking forward to it though. :D

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it and after Melbourne this year, this will be my second GP I'll be attending. We will not be camping though, as we'll be driving up from Zurich which is around a 5.5 hour drive and going to stay at a hotel close by. We have Gold 4 (Eau Rouge) tickets, but it's an uncovered grandstand, so we're out in the rain when it does. :)

Take camera and post few pictures afterwards :eek:.

Sounds great.

Another thing I think you should know; transportation from the track right after the race is very very slow.
I guess that it could could take a while to get to the circuit at Sunday as well.
I have no idea of how much you will be affected, I guess it depends on how far away your hotel is and how you are going to get to and from the circuit.

For some great driver parodies, visit: http://www.thef1slate.com/

Some good stuff on there:

3iQez74G.png

http://www.thef1slate.com/thread/110803?p=209636

Or this one: http://www.thef1slate.com/thread/110811

Montoya walks in to rival's shower to apologise
NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson has revealed how Montoya apologised to him after spinning him off at Darlington in May. "He walked into my bus, into my shower, to apologise. Then he told me I'm naked - of course I am, I'm in the shower." However Johnson wasn't satisfied, saying "I'm tired of hearing apologies. I don't want the contact."

fernando Fernando Alonso
I can understand why he doesn't want the "contact"... lucky for us Montoya never went to the trouble of apologising to anyone while he was in F1.

jpm Juan Pablo Montoya
I done walked into Jimmie's shower to sorry the guy and he is there stood with no threads man.

fernando Fernando Alonso
Well I guess he could have been fully clothed and doing the dishes in there, who were you to know?

Okay, you guys are officially going to hate me.

I won paddock tickets for Friday. OMG! :oops:

I just saw the Senna film (theatrical version) and it was amazing. I want more F1, please roll on Spa!

Heh, thanks! Still can't quite believe it, but I'm really looking forward to it. Will be one heck of an experience for sure. I hope we see Mark Webber. :)

Almost time for Spa ... I love Spa!

Renault dropped Nick Heidfeld and Senna could race for the rest of the year, unless he fubbs up that is.

Nick Heidfeld vs Vitaly Petrov results:

Aus - 12th/3rd
Mal - 3rd/17th
Chi - 9th/12th
Tur - 7th/8th
Spa - 8th/11th
Mon - 8th/DNF
Can - DNF/5th
Eur - 10th/15th
Bri - 8th/12th
Ger - DNF/10th
Hun - DNF/12th

Seems to me he was doing better than Petrov overall so was he dropped for financial reasons? Don't know of any health reasons for Nick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14658066.stm

Almost time for Spa ... I love Spa!

Renault dropped Nick Heidfeld and Senna could race for the rest of the year, unless he fubbs up that is.

Nick Heidfeld vs Vitaly Petrov results:
Seems to me he was doing better than Petrov overall so was he dropped for financial reasons? Don't know of any health reasons for Nick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14658066.stm

Actually Renault has been saying quite some time that they're more satisfied with Petrovs results, even though Heidfeld has more points - Petrov has had more bad luck as well as been beating Heidfeld in qualifyings.

Tahir, I've seen that one and it is horrific. So many dead, it is incredible. It is even more incredible that we have had only 1 death since 1994, though that death was Ayrton Senna. :(

Regarding Heidfeld, he has out-performed Petrov, but not by enough. Heidfeld has been in F1 for ages, he has never really done anything to light the world aflame. He isn't very dynamic and Petrov brings too much investment in the team to throw out. Heidfeld is 1 of many German drivers, Petrov is the sole Russian, sole eastern European. I hope Senna can show himself in a good light in the car.

Heidfeld may have some legal right to be in the car, but imho he doesn't have the right to that seat due to stellar performances. Kubica would have won with that car at the start of the season, I think.

Tahir, I've seen that one and it is horrific. So many dead, it is incredible. It is even more incredible that we have had only 1 death since 1994, though that death was Ayrton Senna. :(
Don't forget Roland Ratzenberger who died the very same weekend as Ayrton Senna did, during the qualifying.

Back