Halo 3 Beta: May 16th - June 7th

Graphics are ok...but were is the new gameplay? It looks identical with a shield and I know there are like mines now. I hope there are at least new game types because they didn't change all that much from a gameplay standpoint from what I have seen. It basically looks like Halo. Not that it's a bad thing but I'd like to see something fresh and new added to the mix.

maybe this will shed some light for ya:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/24/joystiqs-video-analysis-of-the-halo-3-beta-leak/

So when do you think people can judge the graphics for this game then..? First alpha shots where shown and responses were less than fantastic. Now beta video (crappy I give you that) is shown and basically the same response. They are showing stuff for a reason..or they just shouldn't show it at all.

I assume it was humour, since the difference is patently obvious.
Well, actually it's not that obvious, at least to me. One image made me think Halo2 pics where on the right, another one made me think exactly the opposite.
Given the shitty quality of these images probably looking the HUD is the best way to understand which version is which

Ok yep these are crappy quality beta pictures from the multiplayer that is supposed to inferior to the single player in graphics quality and I'm fairly certain that when this game will launch whenever that is, I'll be satisfied what I'm seeing and playing on my screen, however I would like to point out that every single piece of media I have ever seen about Gears of War starting from E3 2005 has always looked awesome. So I don't know whether I should lower my expectations on the graphics front a bit... I'll just hope they don't F*** this up, especially the single player, I'm not that big of fan of multiplayer gaming anyway.

...I would like to point out that every single piece of media I have ever seen about Gears of War starting from E3 2005 has always looked awesome...

true but every piece of GoW media was "released" for public consumption.

this is stolen, low definition, Multiplayer, not even good enough internally to allow on the public beta . So while I get your point and this DEFINITELY has a Halo art style, I'd say Bungie deserves for us to reserve judgment until release.

not to mention the SP graphics will have more effects as usual.

So while I get your point and this DEFINITELY has a Halo art style, I'd say Bungie deserves for us to reserve judgment until release.

not to mention the SP graphics will have more effects as usual.

Yep I totally agree. Sometimes I just get so afraid.... :smile:
I'll reserve final judgement to the moment I either see the finished game running on my own screen or very high quality direct feed 720p footage on my monitor.

Well, actually it's not that obvious, at least to me. One image made me think Halo2 pics where on the right, another one made me think exactly the opposite.

Which pic exactly? Because all three of those, it's extremely obvious which version is from the previous gen.

I guess you must be referring to the first image, I would ask how you missed the improved ground, water, background, foliage and lighting...

every single piece of media I have ever seen about Gears of War starting from E3 2005 has always looked awesome. So I don't know whether I should lower my expectations on the graphics front a bit... I'll just hope they don't F*** this up, especially the single player, I'm not that big of fan of multiplayer gaming anyway.

And it ran at 12fps in 2005. Some game optimize graphics/gameplay and then framerate like Gears, others do framerate first and then gfx like Forza. Seems Halo is in the latter.

Which pic exactly? Because all three of those, it's extremely obvious which version is from the previous gen.

I guess you must be referring to the first image, I would ask how you missed the improved ground, water, background, foliage and lighting...

yep obvious... not to mention it's from a build with placeholder textures. :p

I'm sure nAo wouldn't appreciate if someone had stolen and released a low res version of Heavenly Sword placeholder beta work and then tried to compare it on the net. :devilish:

Back