The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new E3 trailer is just mind blowingly good!! The damage model is hinting at something outrageous!! The day night cycle is just godly on the Toscana rally track gameplay vid flying around! Looks sped up on the rally demo as only a 2 lap race, but imagine it @ Le Mans 24hr?!!!!! Good lord..........

Youtubed for people who can't play WMV:

EDIT: The problem with GT5 trailers is: sometimes, it's a little difficult and confusing to tell which is real life and which is digital scenes.

The selfish part of me doesn't want to post this, in order to limit exposure of this CE as much as possible (thus increasing my chances of getting one), but I will anyway. :p

4701985112_792b25f7d6.jpg

4701984840_59b88b3fa6.jpg

The retail price is $499.99 (just for the game, that's not a bundle), so don't bother trying to pre-order it.

>.>

<.<

He means it's not a PS3 bundle if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: BTW, that price is incorrect. It's $99.

I've confirmed it with Kaz myself, the price is $499.99, the current statements by SCEA and SCEI are incorrect. He also told me that to tell everyone that if they see a retailer selling it for $99, to let me know immediately, so that I can get the price corrected. Just make sure not to pre-order it at $99, otherwise you're going to get a huge surprise on your credit card bill when it ships.

It was purposeful going by the eyes afterwords. He was just trying to increase his chances again.

You, sir, are a liar and a deceit!

Xbr-60lx900

Eurogamer has confirmed in their hands-on preview that the Collectors Edition is only playable in 3D. Worse, it only works with Sony's XBR-60LX900 (it uses the HDMI handshake process to verify the TV's model number). So, not only do you have to pay $499.99 for it, you need a $5,000 TV! The regular edition, of course, supports both 2D and 3D.

Some other interesting tidbits were revealed in their preview as well.
There are two types of car in Gran Turismo, apparently: premium cars and standard cars. The latter, it's worth noting, are only standard by Yamauchi's exacting principles: there's over 800 of them, they cover the majority of the vehicles included in all the previous Gran Turismo games, including the PSP version, and they've been optimised and upscaled for the PS3.
The 200 premium cars that take the final count past the 1000 mark are something else, however. The premiums have been lavished with a slightly worrying amount of detail - every single screw is visible in the hubs, the interiors have been recreated down to the stitching (standard cars won't have interiors, which is a bit sad, but there are, like, 800 of them), and their undersides have been comprehensively modelled to take into account a new physics system which, along with allowing for dents and scratches, can sends your ride flipping through the air during collisions.

From the photo mode, Yamauchi turns his attention to the online suite, as this is the first Gran Turismo game to include extensive PSN functionality. GT5's actually become a rather social game over the course of its development, and the current build supports BBS, personal logs, mail, and something called My Lounge. That turns out to be a friends network of sorts, where you can gather with other players and chat, or check up on their progress in the game, alongside the nifty stuff like setting up races and spectating on events that are already underway.

Dozens of other details spill forth after that: the day-to-night transitions that can take place during a race, the 3D visuals and face-tracking in cockpit view (combine those last two and the results are astonishing as the horizon line disappears into the distance), classy visual effects like smoke illumination, collision sparks, and kicked-up debris.

The closed door presentation is later today, and there should be more details coming out of that.

EDIT

In surprise to no one, there still seems to be some confusion in regards to what Premium and Standard cars actually entail. The numbers are probably right, but the details may be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maniacally

Why does it only work on one TV, and why would it be 3D only? Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Kaz is crazy, that's for sure. It's just another reason not to get the CE, or even consider pre-ordering it.

*rubs his hand together maniacally*

My plan is working! :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Damn you Gradthrawn. Stop playing with my mind.
Ha ha ha! Can't believe I got suckered in by that one. I'm normally the twisted fiend messing with everyone else's heads.

Let this be a lesson to everyone to actually check links instead of assuming that all links are true and validate the ideas expressed.

Oh, now I see what's going on here. I didn't read carefully enough. Don't worry, I wasn't going to buy it anyway ..... Although I'm tempted to buy one and set up a live stream of me setting it on fire.

[Shout down the hall]

BIILLLYY IDDOOLLL, I see two of your patients on the loose again !
[Point at Gradthrawn and Scott_Arm]

Thinking to himself, "Gradthrawn needs some whipping and Scott needs some [strike]bottled[/strike] love"

In surprise to no one, there still seems to be some confusion in regards to what Premium and Standard cars actually entail. The numbers are probably right, but the details may be wrong.
They are wrong for sure. Interiors dont equal cockpits for Translator-san probably. We dont have even one proof that there want be cockpit views in all cars. Every car on trailer or in demos/Prologue has cockpit view [except concept GTR and GT HD demo]. Even Suzuki Swift and Cappucino, Evo IX and X, Honda Integra 94' and many more has cockpit views and they're not definately premium cars.

Probably Eurogamer guy dont have much knowledge about GT, so he could easily miss translate. BTW he even talked about crashing Porsche ...

BTW Headtracking confirmation and new Photo Modes sounds really good.

Very nice day-night transition ^_^

Gamespot has a long informative article on GT5:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266213/gran-turismo-5-new-info-and-hands-on

At one point during the presentation, while showing off close-ups of engines, wheels, and grilles that compared real photos to GT5 screenshots (almost impossible to distinguish between the two), Yamauchi conceded that his team has "actually gone too far in modeling some of this detail" and even went so far as to suggest that it might be "more suited to the next generation of PlayStation." The most impressive of these shots--even more impressive than the Audi wheels and ceramic brakes, or the Ferrari engine underneath a glass hood--was undoubtedly the one that showed the interior of a race car, possibly a Nascar. The interior was absolutely packed with minute details, including a carbon fiber panel of switches and buttons, safety wires, and of course the driver's harness.

NASCAR:

All of the Nascar rules will be in full effect, and we got to see some great-looking screenshots of pit crews working on cars.

The most impressive track, though, was the Nurburgring, not only because it's so huge, but also because of the ridiculous amount of work that has gone into recreating it. For example, when racing in a 24-hour event at the track (which you will have the option to do in real time), you'll not only get to see the day-night transition but, because it's such a long event, you'll notice that many of the spectators have tents or camper vans that aren't there during normal races.

Head tracking:

with some exaggerated head movements, we were indeed able to look left and right from inside the cockpit of the Dodge Challenger that we'd opted to take for a spin around the new Rome street circuit. Unsurprisingly, particularly given that we were using a force feedback steering wheel to play, the car handled very believably and, unsurprisingly, it took us a couple of corners (and a couple of spins/collisions) before we felt completely comfortable with it.

I wonder how GT5 3D look now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back