The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT5 PR with a demo:
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d13120.html

Starting in May 2010 customers can visit their local Mercedes-Benz dealership for an exclusive taster of the forthcoming title – a one-track demo featuring the new model at a specially-installed PS3 unit. The sampling activity marks a new stage in the partnership between developers Polyphony Digital and Mercedes-Benz that has already seen the SLS AMG picked to star on the game’s cover when the title arrives in stores this year.

As they had their budget cut for the last (and I guess next season) maybe they'll do a Top Gear GT5 Special?

Should be cheaper than going to Vietnam/Arctic/USA/etc at any rate ... :LOL:

Off topic: Dunno why they cut their budget, top gear is like one of the most popular shows in the world (300million viewers worldwide)

Top Gear GT5 special would be great. They can do a challenge: "See if you can beat the stig with car X". Then top people on leaderboards get invited to top gear track and actually race the stig :p

GTPlanet interviews the GT Academy winner, Jordan Tresson:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127513

MS: Did you have the same mental approach from the beginning, when you were sitting at home on your PS3, did it change when you reached the Academy? When did it get really serious?

JT: In the beginning it was just for fun, I knew I could qualify in the French top 20 and I came 18th. I thought it would be a good time at the French final, meet some friends and so on because I knew the Lacombe brothers and some other guys. But in my mind, I thought I would stop in the French final because the level is so high, especially with Arnaud and all the top 5 guys, so so fast, but it was a good surprise. For Silverstone, I thought we will see, as I didn’t know any of the other guys or if anybody could cope with the real cars, and I was among the fastest which was good for me. So from the beginning to the end it was a nice surprise, at every step.

MS: Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?

JT: I’d like to stay in motorsport, but there has to be a budget which can be really tough. My main goal is to stay in this world. I am still a student of engineering, so maybe if I can’t stay here I will be an engineer at races and so on, but now I’m a race driver I want to stay here!

MS: Do you think this will make you a better Gran Turismo driver?

JT: It’s hard to say because it’s two different worlds. Sometimes you brake with a feeling you get, not when you see a trackside board. I haven’t played Gran Turismo for the moment, after Silverstone as there has been no time, but I’ll try after and maybe it can help me in the game to develop some new skills.

MS: What advice would you give to all the Gran Turismo hopefuls who will enter the Academy again next time on PS3?

JT: First of all you have to be mentally strong and focus on what you have to do, it’s important not to be stressed. If you are stressed you will lose all your skills and in the car you will be very slow. Focus on what you have to do and be very smooth and gentle with the car. Feel the car, feel the grip on the car, when to put your foot down and when you can’t, when to brake and when to come off the brake.

Shifting the focus back to gaming allowed me to see that Jordan shares the same mild amusement as the members of this forum at the frustrating wait for Gran Turismo 5. I also received a very interesting look, a raised eyebrow and a smile later that day from Charlotte Panther who is responsible for PR at Sony Entertainment Europe when I ventured that GT5's delay could be a result of financial year considerations and the launch of 3DTV. [:LOL:]

During the interview Jordan took it very seriously and generally gave off the vibe that he was here to do a job this weekend, I was aware that my questions needed to be relevant and not without a specific purpose or logic or a waste of anyone's time. I was pleased to see after the formal interview, when Jordan was told I had been in the UK finals of the Academy, he came over and we chatted like a couple of gamers, sharing amusing stories from our respective events. This evidenced what Gough had said earlier to me about Jordan's intense exterior mistakenly giving the impression of remoteness, however not far beneath lay a warm personality much like Lucas. Having lunch with Jordan and watching the GT1 race later in the weekend confirmed that warmth and a deep love of motorsport, cars and racing.

OMG! 3 new vids of updated Nurburg track on Youtube! Detail level now through the roof!!!! New hood camera. On GTPlanet now. The wait just got a whole lot more easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back