The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit disapointed by that list, only 170 cars with interiors, only 20 tracks.

It doesn't sound too bad until you consider there are already 5 tracks in Prologue, so that's only 15 more.

Would they list the above if it's only work in progress?

Sounds a bit like Sony have lent of them to get it finished even if the content isn't there, really hope I'm wrong. I know textra content can be down loaded but I don't like the idea of lots of extra costs :(

That is my first thought. The premium car model has a very chargeable name.
I read that as cars fully modelled to GT5 spec whereas the others sound like GT4 level models (which probably won't be that bad when rendered at a higher resolution with the new shader magic.

Indeed. But people may want more than 170 premium cars. At which point, they are well-positioned to offer more premium ones for a nominal fee. As I understand, these things take lot's of time to make. Not saying they will go there from the get go, but I actually think it's a fair game.

Stupid fellow gamers spend $$$ in Home anyway. Might as well give them to Polyphony, Naughty Dog, the Crytek folks, Insomniac, ... in general, the extremely hardworking (and "smart" working) people who deserved it.

[size=-2]Yes, I am a Home fan in general but I am a bigger "good developer" fan.[/size]

Ok, so we know now what's on the demo floor - it looks like it's a time limited demo of a revamped Tokyo 246 (Forward ;) ). It looks pretty sweet - nice detail is the reflections on the wheel of the Impreza. Lighting and reflections overall look fantastic, imho. Apparently there is some damage enabled in this race also, you can see some bumper damage on the other screen at 48 seconds in. Yes, I've seen it myself now and you can see the bumper coming loose a little and being damaged, and also the car door opens and closes. Nothing we haven't seen before, but it's a big thing for the GT series. ;)

http://gamersyde.com/news_gamescom_gran_turismo_5_gameplay-8391_en.html

EDIT: Youtubed now also:

Ok, so we know now what's on the demo floor - it looks like it's a time limited demo of a revamped Tokyo 246 (Forward ;) ). It looks pretty sweet - nice detail is the reflections on the wheel of the Impreza. Lighting and reflections overall look fantastic, imho. Apparently there is some damage enabled in this race also, you can see some bumper damage on the other screen at 48 seconds in. Yes, I've seen it myself now and you can see the bumper coming loose a little and being damaged, and also the car door opens and closes. Nothing we haven't seen before, but it's a big thing for the GT series. ;)

http://gamersyde.com/news_gamescom_gran_turismo_5_gameplay-8391_en.html

EDIT: Youtubed now also:

When you set automatic transmission do the driver's hands automatically not shift gears?

It means only 170 cars have interior view and damaged. The rest don't like GT4. Well 170 still a lot of cars.

Yeah. The last rumour/suggestion was that damage would be limited to "racing cars" only. I guess they have 170 racing cars in the game then?

Would be awesome if all the cars had damage but I guess its easier to license damage on race car versions instead of Production cars for some marketing/manufacturer restriction or whatever. :rolleyes:

When you set automatic transmission do the driver's hands automatically not shift gears?

It does , maybe the Gear system is integrated in the wheel hence u dont see him move his hands regularly. Its because this is how it was in GT5 P.

Gamersyde will have GT5 damage video soon!
:runaway:

edit - its up @ http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamescom_damages_in_gt5-8397_en.html

Bah, nothing special. There is no deformation of material, everything is made from Adamantium it seems.

Now my fear is turning into truth slowly, seems like only Race cars will have damage while Stock cars wont.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damage doesn't even seem to effect the handling of the car. I hope that's because the other car didn't take any damage, but I'm starting to doubt it.

I wonder if having the hood up like that is going to effect the in car view.

Well it doesnt necessarily needs to show effect on Handling...it cud be one of the easier mode presented for demonstration, when u have just visible damage but no effect on the way you drive.

But honestly I'd say that if we are to wait this long then I better want something good from PD.
If damage on selected few cars,20 Tracks & simple damage physics is the only thing included in GT5 then I'll be disappointed for them taking so long to release it.

Someone at GAF noticed something I did too when watching the vid:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17194693&postcount=5986

There seems to be a lot more subtle damage in the car model after crashing too. Maybe even some paint damage. The way the reflections currently work however seems to hide that damage from view most of the time.

And this is a cool shot also, because it has a car in a position that so far you wouldn't see in GT very often. ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17194828&postcount=6008

The amount of content seems perfectly suitable to me if it means I get to play gt5 this year instead of 2010. Plenty of stuff to play, learn and unlock. Perhaps there will be addon pack after 3-6months. 20 unique tracks+variations will also be plenty to keep me busy before addons are available. I just hope there are good tracks and not those that I don't like to play.

Grid/BurnoutP has awesome visual damage model, from subtle paint scratces, to the deforming parts.

And this one in GT5 is really not so impressive.

I would really like to see a "coaching" mode added to the online features. Something allowing a "trainer" and a "trainee" to share one view/vehicle, with voice chat, so that the trainee can be coached through a course, or even through a license test. I suppose you could do that with what they're currently offering by having a private race, with the trainee following the coach's car through the course, but with the trainer preoccupied with driving, and unable to see the steering, gas, and brake input from the trainee, I think the effectiveness of the training session would be drastically reduced. The same goes for reviewing replays and retroactively offering suggestions.

I would really like to see a "coaching" mode added to the online features. Something allowing a "trainer" and a "trainee" to share one view/vehicle, with voice chat, so that the trainee can be coached through a course, or even through a license test. I suppose you could do that with what they're currently offering by having a private race, with the trainee following the coach's car through the course, but with the trainer preoccupied with driving, and unable to see the steering, gas, and brake input from the trainee, I think the effectiveness of the training session would be drastically reduced. The same goes for reviewing replays and retroactively offering suggestions.

This would be brilliant feature. And why not add the same feature to rally mode to make it more realistic. "hard left, noooo, I mean hard right, crash" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back