Crazy fanguy predictions come true!

Well he also got 4 other things correct too, but that's besides the point. What he said about KZ2 is subjective. I said so myself that I don't think it will look exactly the same, BUT what if it looks close.

What if the game has Lost Planet's smoke and explosions? What if the computer A.I. is smart enough to drag your dead soliders off the field of battle after they die? What if their is 15, 20 people to shoot at and it is super crazy?

The only thing I'm really questioning is the animation. If it does all of the above right then hey good enough for me.
Well Guerilla stated hat they were planning to make this happen

He said currently. At the time he saw it, it looked better. And then a weird thing happened. All of the gaming internet websites reported the samething. So what do you say about that?

That's not what he said, he went on a foaming at the mouth rant.

There was a demo, side by side, of an upcoming sports game (can't tell you which one). One was playing on 360 (DVD9) connected to an HDTV running at 720P. The same game was running on a PS3 (BD50) on an identical HDTV at 720P. The differences were unbelievable, simply because the BD has the space to hold all those extremely high resolution textures.

The differences were unbelievable, all due to supposedly extremely high resolution textures, which sounds like sony. Buray is beyond high definition personal consumers experiences notwithstanding, and sony doesn't just employ high res textures, but extremely high res textures.

The bothersome part here is that there is no actual info being imparted, its just, its unbelievable. If this is VT3, it runs contrary to reports in the press that see the ps3 version as better graphically, but modestly so. Also, his claims that the game was running on a dual layer disc are highly suspect.

thats some nice list of questions you had there! :LOL:
yep, not are all mine though. gathered from some forums to see what this guy says.

btw, the FN3 info is out
yeah its just been really quiet on whats going on though, i dont see ps3 anywhere on the site.
i still think its coming, dont get me wrong. but its just been quiet thats all.

anyways...he replied lol
I am debating whether or not to even read Bad_Boys dissertation on the meaning on life.

In other news - no Divx support, at least not stock (it's a simple thing to add later, either by Divx releasing a free downloadable PS3 codec or in an automatic PS3 software update). I know nothing about the PS3 Tekken game. Warhawks is looking good (although they are totally revamping the game. It's now a lot like Battlefield and you can get out, run around, and use pretty much every vehicle, item, and weapon in the game - hence they delay). Personally, I'd have preferred they concentrate on the flying aspects of the game, but it seems like they're doing a really good job adding all this extra stuff.

And in relation to the ongoing discussion concerning console reliability - I have never, ever owned a system that didn't have to be fixed/replaced/serviced at some point. So far, my 360 has been just peachy - but I also havn't turned it on since the Dead Rising demo was released on Live (it hardly ever gets turned on, and then only briefly when it does). It probably won't get touched again until Gears of War comes out, either. Just not much for me to play on the system right now (not when all the best games are on PC, anyway).
:LOL:

edit:
Q. Oblivion PS3. When is it gonna come out? Q1 2007? Announcement soon?
A. Don't know.

Q. The PS3 is clear black, or translucent black if you will. Any chances of an internal lighting feature?
A. The PS3 is opaque.

Q. Is GT:HD a real game? Meaning will it come out with a pricetag?
A. Yes.

Q. What happened to fight night 3 for PS3?, IIRC its still in development, but no new info is known.
A. It's an EA game, but at the moment it's still on the list of launch titles.

Q. Will eyetoy be available at launch? Will there be headsets and other accessories at launch also? Any other bluetooth devices?
A. PS2 Eye Toy will work on PS3. PS3 specific Eye Toy titles (and a new camera) are currently in the works.

Q. How much will an extra controller cost?
A. That's undecided.

Q. Is a PS3 socom in the works? Have you seen it?
A. Yes. No.

Q. How does the 4 lights on the controller work? Is it only 4 controllers now? or still 7?
A. Blue Tooth supports up to 7 devices. It's up to individual developers to decide how to use them (controllers are just one option).

Q. Speaking theoretically, If the psp acts as a remote through the wireless network, does that mean you could be in an entirely different location from you're home and still operate your ps3?
A. That's the idea.

Q. Any details on what will ship inside the box on november 17th? Cables? Demos? Movie Trailers?
A. Undecided.

Q. Is Sony talking about a PSP revision?
A. R&D always has something in the works.

Q. Does the Getaway still look as good as it did at GDC?
A. No, it looks much, much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyways...he replied lol
He didn't answer your BRD 4x question, but there was this from earlier, which you were probably aware of, but for the sake of other BD3 posters:
Q: How were load times?

Scrivener: Fast. Really fast. The Heavenly Sword demo was loading up in 4-5 seconds, which is even more impressive when you start to think about how much content it has to load off the disc. I did ask if they were using a standard 2x BRD but all I got was a creepy-ass "if I told you I'd have to kill you" smile. I suspect we may end up with the new 4x drives... but that's pure interpretive speculation on my part.
-aldo

he almost nows as much as I do haha..

i know from an insider that Killzone looked like crap a month half before E3 .

anyway... i'm off to bed.
cheerios amigos

Oblivion on 360 seems like they wanted to limit it for SL-DVD for whatever reason.

They need to implement some crazy streaming on PS3-version to get this work.

Perhaps it was limited to a SL-DVD so they could port to the PC? I don't think all PC drives are capable of reading dual layer dvds.

the animation in killzone trailer whilst excellant is achivable with enuf asset guys in fact everything is, the only difficult thing is the start part where they fly down into the city, to much detail, graphically its certain way above any existing game out yet, or to come, the closest would be the naughty dog game, with possibly mgs4/lair following up.
anyways it cant be the sceret since that was meant to be apparent when u bootup the machine, which its not gonna be (unless its the desktop wallpaper :) )

He said currently. At the time he saw it, it looked better. And then a weird thing happened. All of the gaming internet websites reported the samething. So what do you say about that?

No, he said the difference was 'unbelievable' while all other gaming sites said it was a 'slight' difference, so this definately doesn't support his claims at all.

There was a demo, side by side, of an upcoming sports game (can't tell you which one). One was playing on 360 (DVD9) connected to an HDTV running at 720P. The same game was running on a PS3 (BD50) on an identical HDTV at 720P. The differences were unbelievable, simply because the BD has the space to hold all those extremely high resolution textures.

It's just a bunch of BS hype, don't fall for it (too late??)

No, he said the difference was 'unbelievable' while all other gaming sites said it was a 'slight' difference, so this definately doesn't support his claims at all.

It's just a bunch of BS hype, don't fall for it (too late??)

Nevertheless, he made the claim first, no matter how exaggerated such a claim was. Its obvious that he has inside sources-its not all just a shot in the dark. How accurate some of his more opinionated claims are remain to be seen.

I believe the PSP "remote play anywhere" rumor, or atleast, there is nothing technically impossible with it. Sony *already* sells WinCE powered "Smart Monitors" which allow you to watch TV or see your PC's screen anywhere in the house courtesy of WiFi.

It would not be too difficult to send PSP user input over WiFi to a PS3 OS service running on an SPE, and have the OS service take the current framebuffer, downsample it to M-JPEG each frame, and send it over WiFi @ 30fps. 480x272 decimated to 4:2:0 YUV without any DCT+entropy encoding alone would only require 7mbps, and it would be quite easy to get it under 1mbps without even using inter-frame compression.

Frankly, taking a 720p to 272p frame would yield a pretty nice supersampling AA for the PSP as well!

Imagine taking your PSP to the toilet, to your room, or even better, to the local Starbucks Cafe, and playing a game you loaded up at home!

This is a KILLER feature that sells PSP+PS3 to me alone. I'll confess, I hadn't really thought of it much until it was mentioned.

Location-free PS3 gaming. Fuck yeah.

(certain DS3 features would have to be ignored tho)

This guy is most likely affiliated with either Sony or a 2nd party. At worst a 3rd party with very close ties to Sony. So he's either a viral marketer or could just be a young fan boy working at some game company somewhere (yes, many game developers/testers/designers are fan boys, unfortunately it seems to be human nature to take sides).

Sony is notorious for using viral marketing tactics in Japan, they have legendary amounts of it and it's going on to today on 2ch.net. They haven't really been caught doing it in the US, but it's pretty obvious on a forum like GAF who is there for the sole purpose of praising anything Sony. There's a big difference between developers who happen to be supportive of Microsoft and someone who is being told what to say and when to say it. The former is simply a fan, the latter is a viral marketer...

I think Microsoft is being pretty clear in using things like gamerscoreblog instead of resorting to dirty tactics like this.

I am 100% sure that this guy is pulling at least some of this from company line, too many things are verbatim from what Sony is telling various developers. You are right that he is also injecting personal opinion.

What's funny is that people aren't catching on to a couple subtle warnings: launch games are going to be slim pickings, and diverting attention to PSP stuff also points to hardware shortages. Sony's strategy is clear: If you buy a PS3, you're lucky, but if you can't buy it, then why not buy a PSP instead? You are loyal to the Sony brand, right?

Even Spong is catching on to this news, Sony is running out of time to cover this one up:
http://news.spong.com/article/10687

TGS will prove interesting, they will drop many bombs I'm sure, but behind the smoke and mirrors that Sony is so good at, I don't think there is going to be much to play in 2006 on PS3. They're at least a month behind where they need to be right now, maybe two. It's almost freaking September, and they haven't even started making the darn things.

Nevertheless, he made the claim first, no matter how exaggerated such a claim was. Its obvious that he has inside sources-its not all just a shot in the dark. How accurate some of his more opinionated claims are remain to be seen.

It's obvious that he is completely exagerating this little 'fact' when an extremely minor difference turns into "unbelievable", what does that say for the accuracy of his other observations?

This is no prediction or speculation, this is pure inside information with a little bit of exaggeration. With so many people on the forums each days and with so many making a prediction or speculation about the PS3. Only one guy came out with a nail on the forums board.

I know that there are alot of hater in this forums and others as well. 360 fans would find any excuse to make this source/claim seem less creditable and more of a lucky guess. Who would of ever guess that Resistance fall of man is going to take up that much space? Most if not everyone were guessing second or third generation of the PS3 will. Second the sport game and now the PSP pack, so what is next?

I also gone to Heavenly Sword "Ninja Theory" official website and seen the Ninja team chat and give out some interesting info about the game. A quote were word it out saying that "Heavenly Sword graphic would be similar or par with the concept art of the game" and quote "the RSX is awesome and great to work with". Another nice Quote "PS3 can archieve and will supass Crysis graphic".

With the word of Ninja Theory team and this guy word put together, it make you think don't it?

Back