Crazy fanguy predictions come true!

- Virtua Tennis 3 textures (i.e. PS3 version looks smoother texture wise thant the 360)

I'm sorry but again, this is nonsense. You call this a prediction? perhaps you should wait until the ports are finished.
I don't really think it was a prediction, more of an observation. mckmas8808 may have used the wrong word in context of the statement. Anyways...

In all fairness he was commenting on how the two looked at the time of the showing. Not even commenting on the final game, just what he saw then. No need to get defensive. This is no different than people commenting that madden 07 for 360 looked better than the ps3 version during e3. The point of mckmas8808's post was that he was correct on the statement, somewhat anyways (the blu-ray stuff sounds like ****** talk to me).

- Virtua Tennis 3 textures (i.e. PS3 version looks smoother texture wise thant the 360)

I'm sorry but again, this is nonsense. You call this a prediction? perhaps you should wait until the ports are finished.
He "predicted" a sports game being showed the xbox 360 and PS3 versions side by side and PS3 version looking better.

perhaps Sony intentionally called on one of their execs to leak a whole bunch of info in order to get people more hyped up for the launch/TGS and fight off some of the negative PR that has been plaguing Sony lately

Yeah, Viral marketing strikes back! Its funny though, the impact of what that guy said come of been huge if he just kept his mouth shut.....then again, maybe some people were drawn due to his crazy fanboi talk

I really called the article BS, and i still thought that the first two claims being true were a mere coincidence. But guessing the PSP bundle part? that was just to much, unless he works from a retail channel or something like that.

Now i really think that his claims could be indeed true, but actually put together with ******sm. You just have to check out how he is relating all the upsides of the ps3 with Blu-ray.

Or could he be indeed a viral marketer?

My guess is he works at retail, they do get advance info about the bundles.
The other guesses... just good guesses.

"a multiplatform sports game that'll have better texturing on PS3 than xbox360"... with the number of sports games to be launched, that's a safe guess. Even if it turned out not to be quite true, it would always be open to matter-of-taste arguments.
The other predictions, either already generally speculated or 50/50 chances.

I very much doubt it's a Sony insider, or viral marketer. A viral marketer would not just leak prerelease info, as the info he's leaked generates very little hype.
A Sony insider, again why bother with such relatively uninteresting information.

i hope not, im hoping for something bigger than a mere game no matter how big it is

If KZ2 looked like that E3 video (and I think it won't) trust me it should be Sony's BIG secert. The internet would explode if it does look the same.

He said currently. At the time he saw it, it looked better. And then a weird thing happened. All of the gaming internet websites reported the samething. So what do you say about that?

Guys, you've spent MONTHS dissecting the KZ2 video, first when you thought it's realtime, then when it was revealed to be a fake, sorry, "CG target render". You've dissected it frame by frame and model by model, you've digested megabytes of pseudo-technical talk on these boards about it. You've been convinced it's not possible to have that video in realtime.

And now you're getting your panties in a bunch because somebody reported correct pre-release info on a PSP bundle?

Guys, you've spent MONTHS dissecting the KZ2 video, first when you thought it's realtime, then when it was revealed to be a fake, sorry, "CG target render". You've dissected it frame by frame and model by model, you've digested megabytes of pseudo-technical talk on these boards about it. You've been convinced it's not possible to have that video in realtime.

And now you're getting your panties in a bunch because somebody reported correct pre-release info on a PSP bundle?

Well he also got 4 other things correct too, but that's besides the point. What he said about KZ2 is subjective. I said so myself that I don't think it will look exactly the same, BUT what if it looks close.

What if the game has Lost Planet's smoke and explosions? What if the computer A.I. is smart enough to drag your dead soliders off the field of battle after they die? What if their is 15, 20 people to shoot at and it is super crazy?

The only thing I'm really questioning is the animation. If it does all of the above right then hey good enough for me.

Well it is subjective, just like Motorstorm the game looks like Motostorm the video from E32005...

The only thing I'm really questioning is the animation.

Are you serious? KZ1 was a B-quality game for a reason, these guys have alot more to worry about other than animation.

Gamespot:
what could have otherwise been a really good first-person shooter is reduced to a merely decent one by a host of irritating graphics, sound, and gameplay issues. There's still some fun to be found here, but ultimately Killzone is a barely adequate game that probably won't hold your attention for very long.

I'm not making any predictions here, but to say you're only worried about animations is pretty silly. You should be a little concerned that they can actually prodice good gameplay.

Are you serious? KZ1 was a B-quality game for a reason, these guys have alot more to worry about other than animation.

Gamespot:

I'm not making any predictions here, but to say you're only worried about animations is pretty silly. You should be a little concerned that they can actually prodice good gameplay.

NO no no no no! I'm talking about comparing what I said to the video. I said this....

What if the game has Lost Planet's smoke and explosions? What if the computer A.I. is smart enough to drag your dead soliders off the field of battle after they die? What if their is 15, 20 people to shoot at and it is super crazy?

Now if the game did all of the above, then the only thing that I'll be worried about is the animation because I'm not convinced it can be done to that level of the E3 movie.

Gameplay wise I don't care about it at all if it closely resembles the E3 video.:LOL:

Ya, I see what you're saying. IMO, it's not only the animation, but the atmosphere. The entire KZ trailer was so impressive because it felt like you were in the middle of a movie, everything was perfectly scripted, perfectly timed, I think the recreation of that type of hectic realtime atmosphere will be their biggest challenge.

And GFX will never make up for shoddy gameplay imo.

I think you should be setting the bar a lil higher too, look at Brothers in Arms, the AI in that is fantastic, extremely smart, and the soldiers fall down, and help eachother up, enemy soldiers as well. So what you talk about is already being done kinda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like there is truth to that guys ramblings, but anything outside of the basic information seems to be plagued with exaggeration and misplaced blame/praise for certain things.

KZ will likely look very good, but it probably won't look as good as the trailer -- in his blinded eyes it very well might.

Oblivion seems like it's coming to PS3, and it likely will have some improvements (or what real reason would a person have to buy it 6+ months after it was releasd?), but is it necessarily because of BR?

Will there be some DVD games? Who knows, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if KK's comments were more of a suggestion or hope of his instead of a requirement for PS3 -- KK says a lot of things.

Etc.

It seems like the basic information he's throwing out there is rooted in reality, but you've just got to dig through his admittedly overzealous support for PS3 to get at the information (which there isn't much of that is really all that interesting if you cut through the hyperbole, i.e. stuff like KZ looking like the trailer)

Maybe he's like a voodoo preist? or maybe he actually has a cystal ball? :LOL:

Either way, he's not right, but on the plus side i might try to get a hold of him and ask him for nexts weeks loto numbers :p

Off Topic : I loved the original Killzone, and IMO i thought it was ALOT better then Halo 2

Back