Crazy fanguy predictions come true!

I think Microsoft is being pretty clear in using things like gamerscoreblog instead of resorting to dirty tactics like this.

Right........because Microsoft has never, ever, been caught using dirty handed marketing tactics. So which division of Microsoft do YOU work for? :)

Location-free PS3 gaming.

I think this will be great too. No reason to disbelieve the PS3 prophet since he's got everything spot on so far. Wouldn't there be a noticeable lag between button press and response? If this system works flawlessly it would be mindblowing.

It's obvious that he is completely exagerating this little 'fact' when an extremely minor difference turns into "unbelievable", what does that say for the accuracy of his other observations?

I touched on this in the first page.

He may say something like "this unannounced game is coming out on the ps3,.... blah blah blah.... this game looks amazing ....blah blah blah... and looks better than the 360 version because of blu-ray ....blah blah blah."

Now I think he has the credibility to get the basic stuff right. The unnannounced game probably will come out on the ps3.
But then the fanguy biased side probably takes over and I honestly don't believe the game looks better for the reasons he may say, for example blu-ray with virtua tennis or oblivion. I'd take his statements with face value and probably nothing more.

I hope that made sense.

No, he said the difference was 'unbelievable' while all other gaming sites said it was a 'slight' difference, so this definately doesn't support his claims at all.

It's just a bunch of BS hype, don't fall for it (too late??)

Game Informer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200608/N06.0824.1850.31084.htm

As far as visuals, the PlayStation 3 version is notably better. With much more defined facial features, crisper stadiums, and realistic cloth movement, the PlayStation 3 version is the best looking Tennis title we’ve yet to see at this point.

:)

They're at least a month behind where they need to be right now, maybe two. It's almost freaking September, and they haven't even started making the darn things.

IIRC Xenos wasn't ready until August last year? So, at least they don't seem to be trailing behind Microsoft's last year's schedule.

nAo, Deano, La-Yosh, Acert tell me it ain't so.
depressed.jpg

This guy is most likely affiliated with either Sony or a 2nd party. At worst a 3rd party with very close ties to Sony. So he's either a viral marketer or could just be a young fan boy working at some game company somewhere (yes, many game developers/testers/designers are fan boys, unfortunately it seems to be human nature to take sides).

Nonsense. This guy himself has announced himself as working for Sony. He's first started a thread announcing that he was going to a big Sony conference asking people to post questions that he could try to find the answer for. He indicates also that he doesn't work for Nintendo so he won't answer questions about the Wii. When pressed on spilling Killzone 2 beans, he denies claiming he would like to keep his job thank you.

The post we are discussing are the answers he's posted to some of the questions after he returned from the conference. He even posted from the Japanese airport in between.

So that makes him an honest man, rather than, say, some other people here.

I think Microsoft is being pretty clear in using things like gamerscoreblog instead of resorting to dirty tactics like this.

By the way, you don't happen to work for gamesradar, don't you? That site that spread three outragious lies about the PS3 around E3 and is in no way affiliated to Microsoft ... ?

I am 100% sure that this guy is pulling at least some of this from company line, too many things are verbatim from what Sony is telling various developers. You are right that he is also injecting personal opinion.

But he's doing it with open visor. He even says very clearly that he's biased and that people shouldn't expect anything else, very clearly.

What's funny is that people aren't catching on to a couple subtle warnings: launch games are going to be slim pickings

Subtle?

scrivener said:
Let's start with the bad news - the launch line-up is shrinking. Originally, the list was 30 titles (1st and 3rd party). Currently, the list is about 15 titles (can’t get more specific because at this stage it literally changes by the hour).

In all honesty, I don't know what your real intentions here are (are you trying to make Microsoft bad on purpose, or by accident? ;) ), but I suspect you are very much on the wrong forum for them.

Here, we try to stick to the facts as much as we can.

At least, I think we do.

We do, right? ;)

I think this will be great too. No reason to disbelieve the PS3 prophet since he's got everything spot on so far. Wouldn't there be a noticeable lag between button press and response? If this system works flawlessly it would be mindblowing.

Well, I get about 2-3ms latency on Wifi at home. I think the controller I/O lag is irrelevent here, and Wireless XBOX controllers nor Bluetooth controllers will fare no better.

Assume that frames could be transmitted at 30hz, and they are rendered at 30hz, you'd be looking at a round trip latency of about 70ms for your home network. That is, the lag will be about 2 frames not counting "lcd lag". This is certainly on par with what you get in online games where you may visually lag correct world state by much more than 2 frames. Some games won't show you the result of say, activating switch or weapon, until the server performs the logic and sends back state updates, some do, by running client simulation in parallel and accepting delayed overrides/corrections from the server.

It won't be ideal, but it will be playable. Just like the PSP controls won't be ideal compared to Dual Shock. But hey, if I'm at StarBucks, I might tolerate 4-5 frames of lag, if I can be interacting with some games running at home.

Indeed, I might just want to spectate some matches while I go out for coffee, say , watching a race, a madden or tennis match, or even a tournament of clans. Or, I might want to play some more light-hearted and less twitch games.

RPGs would probably be ideal for location independent gaming. Imagine kids leveling up their FF characters while waiting at the metro. Or just being able to load up the game and "show off" some stuff for a friend. "Check out my character, let me show it to you"

Rather than "Let's go to my house, and I'll show you my char"

Best of all, it's an experience that MS can't replicate. They have no successful handheld game platform, certainly PocketPCs are not up for the job. At best they can hope for is a partnership with someone, like Nokia.

When it's all said and done Killzone2 will be about as close to the e3 video to what madden 360 was to its prerendered movie.

I just don't see the ps3 having any texture advantae over the 360 with less usable ram. 522 compare to 512. Unless the ps3 can dump most of it's OS into a flash ram while in a 'game mode'. Or maybe the devs are trying to justify the rumored >$60 price tags on ps3 software.

Well, I get about 2-3ms latency on Wifi at home. I think the controller I/O lag is irrelevent here, and Wireless XBOX controllers nor Bluetooth controllers will fare no better.

Assume that frames could be transmitted at 30hz, and they are rendered at 30hz, you'd be looking at a round trip latency of about 70ms for your home network. That is, the lag will be about 2 frames not counting "lcd lag". This is certainly on par with what you get in online games where you may visually lag correct world state by much more than 2 frames. Some games won't show you the result of say, activating switch or weapon, until the server performs the logic and sends back state updates, some do, by running client simulation in parallel and accepting delayed overrides/corrections from the server.

It won't be ideal, but it will be playable. Just like the PSP controls won't be ideal compared to Dual Shock. But hey, if I'm at StarBucks, I might tolerate 4-5 frames of lag, if I can be interacting with some games running at home.

Indeed, I might just want to spectate some matches while I go out for coffee, say , watching a race, a madden or tennis match, or even a tournament of clans. Or, I might want to play some more light-hearted and less twitch games.

RPGs would probably be ideal for location independent gaming. Imagine kids leveling up their FF characters while waiting at the metro. Or just being able to load up the game and "show off" some stuff for a friend. "Check out my character, let me show it to you"

Rather than "Let's go to my house, and I'll show you my char"

Best of all, it's an experience that MS can't replicate. They have no successful handheld game platform, certainly PocketPCs are not up for the job. At best they can hope for is a partnership with someone, like Nokia.

I think you are underestimating lag here. In your calculations have you throught about the time it takes data to get to you and then back to the PS3? Ending it with saying that MS couldn't do the same thing, especially with PocketPCs and they should partner with Nokia tells me you have no idea about the capabilities of PocketPC handhelds or anything they might be able to do with the live service (and why would it matter if the PS3 is sending you the screen, you'd essentially be playing an interactive video that has to be small/fast/light enough to be quickly transmitted over the internet and to a connection that is not optimal. Keep on dreaming your crazy dream.

I think you are underestimating lag here. In your calculations have you throught about the time it takes data to get to you and then back to the PS3? Ending it with saying that MS couldn't do the same thing, especially with PocketPCs and they should partner with Nokia tells me you have no idea about the capabilities of PocketPC handhelds or anything they might be able to do with the live service (and why would it matter if the PS3 is sending you the screen, you'd essentially be playing an interactive video that has to be small/fast/light enough to be quickly transmitted over the internet and to a connection that is not optimal. Keep on dreaming your crazy dream.
I think DemoCoder refers to the install base of the PSP. As for PS3 on PSP, see my comment in the other thread about this new SCE exec interview on Sep. 1:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33223#17

- The plan for the PSP is that you will be able to see what's playing on your PS3, by viewing it on the PSP. Think location free. This feature will probably not make launch, but will come later.

I think DemoCoder refers to the install base of the PSP. As for PS3 on PSP, see my comment in the other thread about this new SCE exec interview on Sep. 1:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33223#17

Is it safe to say that now this part of the inside info has been revealed?

^^^ The part that the Sony exec talks bout rendered media on the PS3 being visible on the PSP. I couldn't find an Edit button.

Back