Crazy fanguy predictions come true!

I know everybody remembers that crazy guy from Genmey forums saying alot of crazy stuff about 1 or 2 weeks ago. Well looks like he is 3 for 3. I didn't want to believe anything he said until he got the third out of 3 right. How in the heck is this possible? Well....

So far he has got these things right.

TRUE PREDICTIONS
- PSP bundle (PSP, 1 GB stick, Lord of Dogs UMD, and ATV PSP game)
- Resistance disc size ( 20+ GB game)
- Virtua Tennis 3 textures (i.e. PS3 version looks smoother texture wise thant the 360)

STILL ON THE BOOKS PREDICTIONS
- Said the launch title lineup was 30 games, but at the moment it's 15. But he said it's changing all the time.

- Says that Heavenly Sword has been given a nice upgrade in the graphics and that it now has a "God of War type violence" upgrade.

- Says Killzone 2 is Sony's big secret weapon. KZ2 announcements will be made around the launch of the PS3. And that it does look like the video from E3 2K5.

- LAIR won't be out until Summer 2007 at the earilest. Battles are more RTS like where you influence tides of battles.

- Oblivion will come out on the PS3 with high-res textures due to the Blu-ray disc and the PC will get a special update.

- 95% of PS3 games will be on BDs, while EA is the company out of everybody that might not be using them for the time being. This is due to them making games for the lowest common denominator.

- He has played LAIR and said that the motion tech is used in a big way. Says that not having to use the sticks to fly the dragon frees up the sticks for "other" things, that we will find out soon.

- NA will get 700,000 of the first 2 million units for the first shipment, then an extra 700,000 will be shipped again to NA before Christmas (1.4 million total) while the other parts of the world gets the remaining 2.6 million split between them.

- The plan for the PSP is that you will be able to see what's playing on your PS3, by viewing it on the PSP. Think location free. This feature will probably not make launch, but will come later.

- 200 new PSP games shipped between now and Christmas.

- You know about the disaster that was UMD movies? Well there’s a reason for that. Usually Sony works with companies who license their products and lay down certain ground rules (pricing, features, etc). With UMD, they had a hands-off approach and movie studios just started releasing every piece of shit movie in their vault, without special features, at highly inflated prices. Sony is not happy about this at all and is going to try to jump start the UMD movie scene again (could take up to a year) by requiring that releases meet certain guidelines. Guidelines may include an MSRP limit of $15 and that UMDs include all the special features of their DVD equivalents. It’s possible that it may be too late to save, but Sony has a lot of muscle and the PSPs multimedia features are its biggest selling points… especially considering the target consumer is a male between the ages of 21 and 40.

Well that's about it. Let's sit back and watch these other things come true too. :D

I know everybody remembers that crazy guy from Genmey forums saying alot of crazy stuff about 1 or 2 weeks ago. Well looks like he is 3 for 3. I didn't want to believe anything he said until he got the third out of 3 right. How in the heck is this possible? Well....

So far he has got these things right.

TRUE PREDICTIONS
- PSP bundle (PSP, 1 GB stick, Lord of Dogs UMD, and ATV PSP game)
- Resistance disc size ( 20+ GB game)
- Virtua Tennis 3 textures (i.e. PS3 version looks smoother texture wise thant the 360)

STILL ON THE BOOKS PREDICTIONS
- Said the launch title lineup was 30 games, but at the moment it's 15. But he said it's changing all the time.

- Says that Heavenly Sword has been given a nice upgrade in the graphics and that it now has a "God of War type violence" upgrade.

- Says Killzone 2 is Sony's big secret weapon. KZ2 announcements will be made around the launch of the PS3. And that it does look like the video from E3 2K5.

- LAIR won't be out until Summer 2007 at the earilest. Battles are more RTS like where you influence tides of battles.

- Oblivion will come out on the PS3 with high-res textures due to the Blu-ray disc and the PC will get a special update.

- 95% of PS3 games will be on BDs, while EA is the company out of everybody that might not be using them for the time being. This is due to them making games for the lowest common denominator.

- He has played LAIR and said that the motion tech is used in a big way. Says that not having to use the sticks to fly the dragon frees up the sticks for "other" things, that we will find out soon.

- NA will get 700,000 of the first 2 million units for the first shipment, then an extra 700,000 will be shipped again to NA before Christmas (1.4 million total) while the other parts of the world gets the remaining 2.6 million split between them.

- The plan for the PSP is that you will be able to see what's playing on your PS3, by viewing it on the PSP. Think location free. This feature will probably not make launch, but will come later.

- You know about the disaster that was UMD movies? Well there???s a reason for that. Usually Sony works with companies who license their products and lay down certain ground rules (pricing, features, etc). With UMD, they had a hands-off approach and movie studios just started releasing every piece of shit movie in their vault, without special features, at highly inflated prices. Sony is not happy about this at all and is going to try to jump start the UMD movie scene again (could take up to a year) by requiring that releases meet certain guidelines. Guidelines may include an MSRP limit of $15 and that UMDs include all the special features of their DVD equivalents. It???s possible that it may be too late to save, but Sony has a lot of muscle and the PSPs multimedia features are its biggest selling points??? especially considering the target consumer is a male between the ages of 21 and 40.

Well that's about it. Let's sit back and watch these other things come true too. :D

Well, he got at least one thing factually wrong in his rant (he said that 360 shipped 400k at launch, then stopped production for 5 months).

It's cool and all, but most of it strikes as either known prior, or known at the same time, or matters of opinion, or reasonably sure guesses from what we already know. For example, I thought the news of Resistance being 22 GB hit about the same time or before this guy. I thought IGN broke the news of Virtua Tennis' textures at or before his post. Etc.

Most of his predictions aren't really predictions at all. Just stuff we already know. About the only "out there" predictions are saying Killzone looks exactly like the video. And that PS3 Oblivion looks worlds better. And really, as to his Killzone claim which would seem to be one of the hardest to prove, isn't in reality. Look at Resistance level of graphics, add some additional polish, squint, and you're close enough to claim "it looks just like the video!" even when it doesn't, and really that's sort of what happened with Motorstorm.

Other than that he seems to be on the platform of Blu-Ray kicks ass. Undoubtedly true but undoubtedly overstating things a bit as well. And that's about it. Also, Sony said AGES ago that all titles would be mandated to be on Blu-Ray to prevent piracy. If anything, the only change there has been a downshift to 95% from 100% as far as I know if his claim is true! So that's not exactly new news either.
________
Depakote lawsuit info

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I haven't seen the guys original posts so I have no idea when he's made them etc, I'm just commenting on a few things :)

mckmas8808 said:

I think it's quite safe to say KZ2 is something Sony's holding back on purpose. The guys are very talented, and I don't doubt the visual quality would be that far off from the E3 vid. But gameplaywise it's a big mystery.

mckmas8808 said:

No idea if that's true or not, but sounds a bit disappointing to me, although I guess that would allow the battles to be visualized in a more spectacular way.

mckmas8808 said:

Umm maybe I'm dumb, but weren't ALL PS3 games supposed to be on BR? And even if the EA thing would be true, what would stop them from distributing the games on BR anyway, even if the games would fit on DVD?

mckmas8808 said:

This sounds fishy to me.. we have like 16 weeks of the year remaining, that would make something like 12 games per week. Ok naturally there are bizarro games coming out in Japan etc, but still the number's quite high indeed.

Then again, if you look at the PSP release schedule on play.com, there's tons of great games coming out in the next couple of months.

mckmas8808 said:
- You know about the disaster that was UMD movies?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did actually try to pump new life into the UMD format, but I just don't see it working out.

Though I agree with Rangers about the vagueness of some points,
For example, I thought the news of Resistance being 22 GB hit about the same time or before this guy. I thought IGN broke the news of Virtua Tennis' textures at or before his post. Etc.
these are not true.

The crazy guy post (this is not the original one, but useful to check if the original text has not been modified) was posted on Aug. 19 or before.
http://forums.modojo.com/showthread.php?t=142564

The 22GB was first revealed at the event on Aug. 21.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1539078/20060821/index.jhtml?headlines=true

The SEGA demonstration of VT3 at GC 2006 was on Aug. 24.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/727/727917p1.html

That said, I still doubt the credibility of this leak info because of the suggested DVD usage by EA. Where can I see the details on the PSP bundle? Even though it's correct, you can have one true info and use it to make all other false info in the same package look like real.

Though I agree with Rangers about the vagueness of some points,
these are not true.

The crazy guy post (this is not the original one, but useful to check if the original text has not been modified) was posted on Aug. 19 or before.
http://forums.modojo.com/showthread.php?t=142564

The 22GB was first revealed at the event on Aug. 21.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1539078/20060821/index.jhtml?headlines=true

The SEGA demonstration of VT3 at GC 2006 was on Aug. 24.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/727/727917p1.html

That said, I still doubt the credibility of this leak info because of the suggested DVD usage by EA. Where can I see the details on the PSP bundle? Even though it's correct, you can have one true info and use it to make all other false info in the same package look like real.

Having 3 things right several days before the offical announcements does suggest you are at least somewhere where you're privy to information. Not to say that all the follow-ups may be true, just I'd give them some more credibility (like the 15-30 launch title claim, we're at 27 now.. another good piece of information?)

Having 3 things right several days before the offical announcements does suggest you are at least somewhere where you're privy to information. Not to say that all the follow-ups may be true, just I'd give them some more credibility (like the 15-30 launch title claim, we're at 27 now.. another good piece of information?)

But who couldn't guess 15-30 titles at a system launch? That's pretty much a no-brainer. And so it goes.
________
Glass Bubblers

Last edited by a moderator:
But who couldn't guess 15-30 titles at a system launch? That's pretty much a no-brainer. And so it goes.

That's not what he said. He said that only about 15 titles are going to be playable at launch, rather than the originally projected 30-ish figure.

Where can I see the details on the PSP bundle? Even though it's correct, you can have one true info and use it to make all other false info in the same package look like real.

Here.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Sony_PSP_Entertainment_Pack/q/loc/108/202945637.html

202945637cw3.jpg

How could he have known about this?

Maybe he does know a bit more than the rest of us and has some inside info and what not, but some things are really a matter of taste. Of course killzone will look like the vidoe from E3, for many people GOW already looks like the KZ video from E3, and for many many people even some xbox games would look like the E32005 KZ video. It is a bit like for many people motorstorm the game looks like the previous prerendered video...

Having 3 things right several days before the offical announcements does suggest you are at least somewhere where you're privy to information.
Getting 3 things right out of that big list in the first post falls under the 'blind hen' law of statistics IMO... Let's wait and see a little bit more before proclaiming this guy some kind of oracle, shall we? ;)

Says Killzone 2 is Sony's big secret weapon.
i hope not, im hoping for something bigger than a mere game no matter how big it is

Getting 3 things right out of that big list in the first post falls under the 'blind hen' law of statistics IMO
well the info is quite specific, ie not nostrodamus like vagueness, i believe if u worked out the odds they will be less than 0.01% ie possible but highly unlikely

Did they actually predict Virtua Tennis 3 by name, or just some unidentified sports game? The uncertainty of a vague prediction can't be dismissed when its gaps have to be filled-in in order for it to match up with reality.

Sports is one of the most common multiplatform genres, so the likelihood that one of those games would be better on PS3 in a technical area as common as texturing, among various other differences, is quite good.

1.5 GB UMDs with the movie and extras of 9 GB DVDs? No thanks! The movie alone at a decent price is what's wanted.

My personal opinion on the things. I initially thought the guy was full of bull, especially with some of those wild claims. Until stuff starting coming true I began to give this guy a little more credibility. And when a few more things came true, I think I can now say I believe him (on the basic stuff).

I think he takes his own ****** slant on things that are actually true for the most part. For example with virtua tennis being better looking on the ps3, this came true. But I honestly don't believe his reasons on why it looks better are true. So he may say "this game looks better than the other because of blu-ray", I think hes got the game looks better part, but the ****** slant then takes over and he gives the reason for being better is blu-ray.

That said, I think I give this guy a lot more credibility than I did initially. I geniunely think hes an insider of many things, but may stretch the truth a bit for the company he works for. You probably notice I posted a list of questions for him at the end of the thread, So I hope he can reply back but without the ****** slant he seems to have.

So...

Stay with me here...

Oblivion, which is just over 4gb, has 1.5gb (if memory serves) of textures, is suddenly going to need bluray for higher resolution textures.

So it needs more than 8.5gb of data on the disk, so we can guess there will be at least 5gb more textures.

So the texture size on disk will go up a factor of around 4x. At least.
On a drive with a slower read speed, by at least 25%...

So probably looking at at least 3x longer loading times, on a game that already has a lot of trouble with long loading times.

Not to mention that little issue of fitting 4x more texture data in less graphics memory...

Sorry, I don't think it's going to happen.

Thats exactly what I was talking about in my previous post Graham.
He may have the oblivion to ps3 part correct, he may have improved visuals part correct, But I think the ****** slant takes over and blames it on blu-ray. See what I mean?

Did they actually predict Virtua Tennis 3 by name, or just some unidentified sports game? The uncertainty of a vague prediction can't be dismissed when its gaps have to be filled-in in order for it to match up with reality.

Sports is one of the most common multiplatform genres, so the likelihood that one of those games would be better on PS3 in a technical area as common as texturing, among various other differences, is quite good.

Well, at the moment there aren't that many sports games that is on both PS3 and Xbox 360 that is not by EA.

The EA sports games are rule out obviously since he said himself EA is developing for the lowest spec.

So what other multiplatform sport games have been announced for PS3 beside Virtua Tennis 3 ? Are the 2k series announced for PS3 ?

He may have the factual data right and also he seems to have the insider info and hands on experience, but alot of his points are subjective, things that made him jump up and down like that, might not be as a big deal to most people.

Oblivion on 360 seems like they wanted to limit it for SL-DVD for whatever reason.

They need to implement some crazy streaming on PS3-version to get this work.

I'm sorry but again, this is nonsense. You call this a prediction? perhaps you should wait until the ports are finished.

Back