Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

Price is impressive though...I mean this thing is only $50 dollars more than 1TB Xbox One S???!

Price is very reasonable, although I think MS will constantly be running specials on XB1 Slim or bundling more software. Overall I think its a pretty realistic approach based on the technology that is available right now.

So, now to wait until quality 4k/HDR Tv's with low input lag run about $500 or less in 55"+ size after discounts/sales. We probably aren't that far away, but at least a year I think.

I heard my go-to inexpensive, quality, TV brand Vizio sold to the Chinese though :(. Like Lenovo, Motorola, I'm worried about decreasing quality going forward.

Price is impressive though...I mean this thing is only $50 dollars more than 1TB Xbox One S???!

And the same price as the 2TB Xbox One S....

Like I've been saying, value proposition wont be there with original consoles...

I understand people want UHD Blu Ray, but to me, the way you're gonna get 4k content is streaming. I haven't bought a physical disc in ages.

Good if they can crank up to 4.8TF of performance, that is pretty much around to what it needs to play 4Kp30 content at same detail level. 4.2TF is not much enough.

What was shown of superior 1080p rendering? PS4 with a bit of supersampling?

Beaten to it, there was at least one example cerny mentioned with a slider showing the difference

Did they even mention 4K streaming clients?

I thought they specifically made a point, Netflix having a new app or did I misunderstand?

I didn't get that from the messaging.

I got, this console supports higher resolution than 1080p. Will run a higher resolution and higher settings. If you don't have a 4K TV, the image will scale down, if you have a 4K TV it will scale up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't hear about 2 completely distinct graphical settings targeting resolution of your TV set.

But this is the right way to go imo - keep it simple for consoles. Scaling a higher res down, will still result in a better image.

3 different versions of the game

1. Ps4
2. Ps4 pro w/ 4k tv
3. Ps4 pro w/ 1080p

Realistically nobody is going to spend time creating three different versions of the same game.

beaten - you just need the game to recognise the screen resolution and the game auto-select a mode

No 4K bluray is a major mistake.

That is very odd considering the talk of 4k streaming

I heard my go-to inexpensive, quality, TV brand Vizio sold to the Chinese though :(. Like Lenovo, Motorola, I'm worried about decreasing quality going forward.
You should be more worried about someone in Beijing making notes about what you eat and wear, capitalist fool.

chairman-mao3.jpg

Cerny: "PS4 Pro is not the start of a new generation, nor is it going to blur the lines between generations."

Perhaps a suggestion that PS5 may not necessarily be compatible with PS4/Pro - compatibility does blur the lines between hardware iterations/generations.

Mass Effectt in 4K..on a PC... err PS4 NEO devkit...

Weird artifacts at the top as if vsync is off... but also on...strange line there

Will be interesting if Sony sticks with "generations" maybe with iterations in between, and Microsoft goes to strictly iterations...(though, it might be a bit semantics, the key point will be just when they drop support for the oldest model, aka when Sony stop supporting 1.8TF PS4, and when MS stops supporting 1.3 TF XBox One)

I think Sony was kind of trapped by Scorpio's higher specs. Pro/Neo was already in the can, it was done, cant put it back in the bottle. So maybe now they feel they're going to have to do a higher specced PS5 proper later.

Naughty Dog graphics dude on the stream, along with other dudes.

ND, Insomniac and Guerilla

Cerny: "PS4 Pro is not the start or a new generation, nor is it going to blur the lines between generations."

Perhaps a suggestion that PS5 may not necessarily be compatible with PS4/Pro - compatibility does blur the lines between hardware iterations/generations.
I find it hard to believe that ps4/pro wont be forward compatible, but that is what it seemed to sound like.
although, still think it will be and their just concentrating on this gen?

Back