Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

If they dont support UHD BluRay I will be amazed.

3 different versions of the game

1. Ps4
2. Ps4 pro w/ 4k tv
3. Ps4 pro w/ 1080p

Realistically nobody is going to spend time creating three different versions of the same game.

They don't have to. They create one game. The equivalent of .ini files will contain settings that determine what is rendered at what quality and what resolution depending on the console it is run on and the display it is connected to.

Basically PC gaming with automatic settings.

Regards,
SB

399 for 4.2TF, 1TB HDD, in november.

Messaging was really focused on respecting existing owners which is exactly what they should do considering the current sales... and I have no idea how they can add HDR on existing PS4, they must have some nice fpga as part of the hdmi controller?

Emphasis on being the same generation seems to imply they really went tick-tock as opposed to MS.

They're adding HDR to PS4?

Also, what respect to current owners? They basically dodged the entire question the community wanted assurances about.

man they could have shown better demos. They were so short.I still don't know if I should go premium or not as non-ps4 and current HDTV owner but Visuals WILL look better because they are downscaled from Higher res to HDTV and other visual improvements.

and I have no idea how they can add HDR on existing PS4, they must have some nice fpga as part of the hdmi controller?
It's just a different output format for the HDMI bus. HDMI limitations are almost entirely about bandwidth and HDMI 2.0 has more than enough. I push 4K@60Hz over HDMI 2.0 (PC)

I do realize everything about rending graphics is about cheats. I'm all for cheats! However, I'm not for cheats when it comes to resolution. If I buy a certain resolution -- I'm fine 720P -- then I want tried and true 720P with no cheating. I would never buy a game with "checkerbox" rendering that claimed to be 4K but really was only upscaled.
You don't buy games anyway. And no game you might buy or play now is using 1080p for all buffers - there's no such thing as a singular 'rendering resolution'. Shadow buffers, reflection buffers, specular buffers, particles, etc are all often well lower in resolution. Also, what does it matter to you given your personal philosophy? You want <HD for better visuals. Devs are already using lower than HD visuals in order to improve graphics quality, and now you're complaining that they're doing exactly what you're asking them to do!

399 for 4.2TF, 1TB HDD, in november.

Messaging was really focused on respecting existing owners which is exactly what they should do considering the current sales... and I have no idea how they can add HDR on existing PS4, they must have some nice fpga as part of the hdmi controller?

Emphasis on being the same generation seems to imply they really went tick-tock as opposed to MS.

Eh? It's exactly the same as Microsoft with Project Scorpio. All games will run on the base level console. They'll run with better graphics and/or better resolution on the higher performance console.

Regards,
SB

https://twitter.com/StuffTV/status/773609999381790720

"Confirmed: PS4 Pro does NOT support 4K Blu-ray :( #PlayStationMeeting"

Wtf ...

Just confirmation that Sony don't want their console to compete with far more lucrative stand alone UHD BRD players. They don't care about using it as a sales incentive since they already have such a large console lead. What they do care about is profit margins. They want PS4 owners to have to buy a UHD BRD player in addition to their PS4 console if they want UHD BRD playback.

Regards,
SB

And same price as the 2tb model. Price is good and what i expected. UHD BD support missing is really a big question mark.

Just confirmation that Sony don't want their console to compete with far more lucrative stand alone UHD BRD players. They don't care about using it as a sales incentive since they already have such a large console lead. What they do care about is profit margins. They want PS4 owners to have to buy a UHD BRD player in addition to their PS4 console if they want UHD BRD playback.

Regards,
SB

Sony does not sell any UHD BRD player.

Price is impressive though...I mean this thing is only $50 dollars more than 1TB Xbox One S???!

Nah, people here say the price difference is too high and you won't even be able to notice a difference in performance apparently.

Back