Formula 1 - 2014 Season

Let that be the last word then.

On to Monza and hopefully some great racing. I remember last year when Fernando Alonso overtook Webber, the crowd went totally wild. And I got to feel the V8's shake my innards and Fernando Alonso ended up on the podium which was nice, though Vettel won and was booed. Webber was well cheered and of course the tifosi couldn't help go insane for Fernando.

It was fantastic :)

PV3n7P4.jpg

I'm not really seeing the issue, could someone explain?

They are making F1 tracks baby-ready. :( :( :( There was grass and sand there, which made that corner INCREDIBLY CRUCIAL to get right for the last 50+ years of Monza history. Drivers approached that corner with 300 kph knowing that they can fuck up very hard if they mess it up, it made Monza so interesting to watch [and drive in video games].

I really don't know why are they doing these stupid moves. I was already sad when they ruined Bruxelles corner in SPA [where drivers can now totally exit the corner and still get same or even better lap time].

It's probably because WSBK is planned to run at Monza.
Personally, I like bike MotoGP. I used to like WSBK, but now they're starting to become irrelevant. Anyway, if the track doesn't fit for bike racing then don't race there.

Edit: I don't mind making the track safer, but they need to draw the line if safer means removing the challenge.

They need to at least put some nasty kerb on outside of that entire turn. If someone exits Parabolica, his speed HAS to damaged in some way.

Anyhow, F1 qually will start soon. Nico has a gearbox problems.

Boring quali. Last run in Q3 was almost identical as the first run in Q3. Only Magnussen made places and jumped Alonso and Button.

Ham P1, Ros P2, Bot P3

1+2 = Merc(petronas)
3+4 = Merc(Williams)
5+6 = Merc(McLaren)

Redbull and Ferrari are not looking strong.
It's likely we will see a Merc 1-2-3.

Yeah, grid was totally boring, but Nico vs Lewis fight will be very interesting. :)

New parabolica is a total disaster IMO, everyone is using green astroturf to fix their mistakes without any big penalty. :-/

edit - Williams confirmed it, Botas and Masa will drive for them next season.

Great race, another great drive from Ricciardo despite a poor start. Lewis was calm but had a moment towards the end if the race, locking his tyres. Rosberg drove well in my opinion, just Lewis had slightly more pace, but the crowd again wasn't so respectful to him. Must have been the dumb brits again?

Rosberg drove well in my opinion, just Lewis had slightly more pace, but the crowd again wasn't so respectful to him

It's hard however to say objectively that he drove well. He made that mistake before the chicane twice.

And indeed, Lewis looked consistently more confident on this race track. I just had the feeling, watching the race, that on every lap Lewis would be able to extract 1-2 tenths more than Nico. And as far as i recall, this is the first time in the season this happens. Previously, these two drivers were very evenly matched.

It's hard however to say objectively that he drove well. He made that mistake before the chicane twice.

And indeed, Lewis looked consistently more confident on this race track. I just had the feeling, watching the race, that on every lap Lewis would be able to extract 1-2 tenths more than Nico. And as far as i recall, this is the first time in the season this happens. Previously, these two drivers were very evenly matched.

That's loosing whole free practice time for you! Nico's car wasn't quite as refined for him as it could be. Anyway Lewes was going to be stronger no matter how much better Rosberg's car was setup. Lewes is great on breaking and this track is all about late breaking and exits.

Good race, especially thanks to Ricciardo, Button and Perez!

This was Lewis race, he was fast and cool, and even had more fuel. Rosbergs best chance would be to let Lewis pass, keep close and see what would happen, he could have lost alot of points with those two errors.

Best part of them not racing was that the producer focused on the usual battle for 5th :)

Back