Dark Souls 2 [PS3,X360]

No news on next gen yet? I mean if they are working on it, I think they should say it. It will sell like hot cakes.
My guess is in several months they will make another expansion like Artorias of the Abyss and make next gen versions to sell at $40, while PS3/X360/PC will get a digital DLC only for ~$15.

If that is their plan then it makes sense for them to not advertise it.

^Hmm....in that case I think it will $60 again for the ps4, not 40.

Meanwhile:
NeoGAF user DemonNite, that is pretty much known to be a Sony employee, even if his real identity is more protected than the gold of Fort Knox, already teased a PS4 exclusive “Souls spinoff” in the past, and today he mentioned that fans of the series will love it.
Whatever Miyazaki is doing, I’m sure all Souls fans will enjoy it. Me included ;D

For those that don’t know, Hidetaka Miyazaki was Demon’s Souls Lead Director.
In order to find out more about this mysterious project, we reached out to another source at Sony Computer Entertainment who wishes to remain anonymous, specifically to ask about the nature of the game as a possible “spinoff,” unfortunately he declined to comment on that, but he still admitted that the cogs are definitely spinning.
It will be worth the wait. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
still surprises me that there is no soul games for vita, not even a port of demon souls 1 especially when the phyre engine is available for Vita.

I'm watching a stream of somebody who got the game early and the graphics look severely downgraded from the reveal/E3 demos :???:

I watched Giant Bomb's quick look and they look fine, in fact sometimes much better than DS.

BTW, Good news for Demon SOuls fans, the hub system is back :) ! You can fast travel between bonfires and come to a hub area like Demons SOuls. I am avoiding all media, as surprise is the very essence of the game !

they probably showed the PC version as console from the earlier trailer, pains me that the PC got delayed.

The PS3 version shown at TGS looked as good as the reveal (minus the glossiness on walls) so the downgrade happened after that. I'm not too hopeful about the PC version.

Scores:
USGamer – 5/5
GameInformer – 9.75
Ausgamers – 9.6/10
Destructoid – 9
Gamespot – 9
IGN – 9
Polygon – 9
GamesRadar – 4.5/5
The Escapist – 4.5/5
EGM – 8.5
OXM – 8
Kotaku – “Yes”

At the end the game doesn't look anywhere as good as the demos Namco has been showing all along :cry:

I'll get it when it's cheap, maybe :???:

I really don't give a damn. It's DS. It's still gonna beat the pants off of all the focus tested lowest common denominator AAA crap in terms actual gameplay. I'm psyched for it.

I really don't give a damn. It's DS. It's still gonna beat the pants off of all the focus tested lowest common denominator AAA crap in terms actual gameplay. I'm psyched for it.
There was some focus testing on DS2 as well. All those pitch-black areas in which you had to use a torch? Now they're filled with grey lighting so you don't have to :rolleyes:

Supposedly it's still balls hard and just as non hand holdy as the previous games were. There are still plenty of pitch black areas too. That's what the torches are mainly for. Yes, apparently it's a slightly less hostile welcoming for newcomers now (and that's fine too), but compared to most other big games it's still delighfully mysterious and exciting. Well, for me at least. Save for some basic gameplay systems which will undoubtetly seem familiar thanks to the 2 previews games, I still don't really know what I'm in for. I don't even know whether the games are even connected. On the other hand I can probably predict what's going to happen in the likes of Watchdogs and Infamous to the letter. I'm just not willing to miss out on all that over technical banalities. It's simply a rarity outside of the indie space these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? :devilish:
Yes :devilish:

Supposedly it's still balls hard and just as non hand holdy as the previous games were. There are still plenty of pitch black areas too. That's what the torches are mainly for. Yes, apparently it's a slightly less hostile welcoming for newcomers now (and that's fine too), but compared to most other big games it's still delighfully mysterious and exciting. Well, for me at least. Save for some basic gameplay systems which will undoubtetly seem familiar thanks to the 2 previews games, I still don't really know what I'm in for. I don't even know whether the games are even connected. On the other hand I can probably predict what's going to happen in the likes of Watchdogs and Infamous to the letter. I'm just not willing to miss out on all that over technical banalities. It's simply a rarity outside of the indie space these days.

It's not about the technology, but the aesthetics and gameplay. Atmosphere has taken a major blow and pitched black areas that previously required a torch to advance through them are now filled with gray light bright enough to make this gameplay feature pointless.

Just look at this and tell me the difference is just a technical banality:

1a67u94.png

1bnwu16.png

Back