WATCH_DOGS 2 [PS4, XBO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
I played some of it on PC but I've never been much into any GTA, and 3rd person games in general rarely grab me. The hacktivist "style" doesn't do much for me either. And yeah the killing combined with the hippy hacker vibe is really stupid and makes it all feel Ubisafe status quo.

And yeah the killing combined with the hippy hacker vibe is really stupid and makes it all feel Ubisafe status quo.
I played most (all?) of the game without killing. It was unusual in that the stealth / subterfuge gameplay was quite rewarding and didn't make me think I was taking 3x as long to do something I could do quicker with a bunch of bullets.

Yeah, compared to GTA V SF feels devoid of life. I feel sorry for any dev trying to recreate a vision of a real city that isn't Rockstar, who have been iterating their craft for a couple of decades. It's hard not to compare games like this to GTA because that is the standard.

Business notwithstanding, I also think GTA V is still the more attractive looking game. There's just an attention to detail in R* games which nobody seems to be able to match. Really cannot wait what these guys can accomplish with more up-to-date rendering techniques.

I played most (all?) of the game without killing. It was unusual in that the stealth / subterfuge gameplay was quite rewarding and didn't make me think I was taking 3x as long to do something I could do quicker with a bunch of bullets.

Very much agree with this... to the point that I don't feel that we even needed guns in the game at all (outside of the tazer).

Sneaking around using the combination of drones, environment hacking and thowables to disable or sneak past enemies is essentially where all the fun in the game is.

Whereas, just shooting enemies with guns just feels cheap and sterile.

Very much agree with this... to the point that I don't feel that we even needed guns in the game at all (outside of the tazer).

Sneaking around using the combination of drones, environment hacking and thowables to disable or sneak past enemies is essentially where all the fun in the game is.

Whereas, just shooting enemies with guns just feels cheap and sterile.
that's how I felt in WD1 . When played as a stealth game it felt great, including the 'capture the area' activities. It's only when played as an action game that it felt lacking.
They should have stuck with stealth but i guess marketing gurus wouldn't have let them as action games are more popular than stealth games.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Yeah that makes sense, tbh. Still, I maintain that guns in WD1 were far more consistent with the protagonist and narrative themes.

Guns is WD2 just feel so out of place.

Yeah that makes sense, tbh. Still, I maintain that guns in WD1 were far more consistent with the protagonist and narrative themes.
Aidan Pearce would only resort to killing with technology once when he out of bullets. :yep2:

62496140.jpg

Out of place, yes. But when your other option is attacking people with a weird, emasculating Yoyo thingie, what are you gonna do.

Back