Dark Souls

Ah, that explains why I couldn't see the drops my summoner gave me. :-/

I am now a strength-faith build too. What is the highest damage weapon for this type of build ? Greatsword of Artorias and Ornstein's spear seem to scale with multiple stats, but I still can't find a weapon that is stronger than a Blackknight Greatsword + 5.

A Zweihander + 15 is weaker but can be buffed with Sunlight Blade to hit 785 double handed.

The Blackknight Greatsword + 5 can't be buffed by magic or items. However, the base damage is pretty good (about 550+ double handed). If you use the strong double-handed attack, you can achieve 780+ damage too. So it's more versatile.

I have seen posts that recommend Power Within (boost damage by 40% but depletes your own life gradually).

Is there a "safe" way to hit 1000 damage without magic ?

The DS wiki says the Demon's Greataxe is the strongest in pure physical damage, if you have the 46 strength to wield it. I haven't tried it though.

I do have the Zweihander and the 24 strength to wield it. But right now it consumes too much of what little stamina I have. I did have some fun killing the Taurus Demon with it. Using Gold Resin, and doing the falling attack I took away over half his health bar. Two more regular strikes killed him.

Zweihander is a great choice. My second favorite after Blackknight Greatsword.

I didn't know Demon Greataxe has S strength scaling after +10. Will try it against the Four Kings. Hopefully I have enough stones left to upgrade to +15.

I know Crystal weapons like Crystal Demon Greataxe are even stronger, but there is no way to repair a broken Crystal Weapon right ?

Thanks, I did it. Demon's Greataxe + 15 and Charcoal Pine gave about 840 damage (regular double handed). That's about 200 more than Blackknight Greatsword + 5. Won the damage race against Four Kings. Strong double-handed attack is stronger albeit way too slow.

Duke's Archive next, and then it's Gwyn again.

I am trying Demon's Greataxe + Wolf Ring + Mask of the Child + Havel Shield for PvP now.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Lost Izarith.

I'll need to get me one of those when the time comes. Although it might be a while before I have the strength required to wield it.

I'm now at that place everybody hates. Blighttown. The framerate was annoying, but the bad collisions detection proved fatal on those narrow walk ways. And then again on my way back to my bloodstain, losing all the Humanity I had collected. :cry: Thankfully I'm done with that place now.

I picked up a nice new weapon. The Butcher Knife. It's not the strongest weapon, and it's rather heavy, but it's easy to use and hits with a very wide arc. I love the animation for strong attack, it makes him run on his toes while holding the blade high up in the air.

Butcher's knife looks bad*ss indeed.

There are a few weapons with special abilities (strong double-handed attack). They are useful for PvP in various situations.

The Dragon Greatsword creates a violent shockwave that cuts a line forward. Good for stunning casters spamming Wrath of God in front of you.

The Obsidian Greatsword creates a circular AoE of black magic damage. Good for knocking people around you off their feet.

The Stone Greatsword casts the slowdown spell (same as the stone giants in Darkwood Basin). Good for countering people who roll around a lot.

Orstein's Spear projects a "lightning" beam forward. Good for stunning enemies running away from you.

Be careful when you see them in the field.

Of those I only have the Stone Greatsword. But again it's the strength requirement issue. I am going try and obtain the Gravelord Greatsword. That should good be for PvP aswell. Although I won't be playing online all that much. The glitch makes some attacks, and even some enemies, invisible.

Yeah the latest patch broke a lot of stuff. The soul signs, messages, bonfire flames, blood stains, dropped items, magic attacks all flicker in and out of the game. >_<

Finally. I've been wanting to do co-op again.

Made it to Anor Londo. I killed Iron Golum with a brilliant strategy that I totally intended.
By letting the Golum grab me, and of course not being thrown off the tower, I cleverly gave Black Iron Tarkus enough time to push the Golum off his tower instead. Instantly killing him.

The game is starting to feel like Demon's Souls and it's world tendency events again with the amount of planning required just to get all the stuff I want.

Bah... I never got a chance to co-op with the NPCs. I always forget.

When I missed the first chance, they never appear in subsequent boss fights.

I didn't see Black Iron Tarkus. Where is he ? Is Sen Fortress his first appearance ?

Sen's Fortress is his first and only appearance. His soulsign is to the right of the fog gate, inside the small tower. The NPC's do make some of the boss fights quite easy. If only by allowing you to heal while the boss is distracted. So far only the Gaping Dragon was able to quickly kill both Solaire and Lautrec.

I want to see all the companion NPC's this time. My other playthrough was for killing all the bosses solo the first time.

I had the worst luck getting past the archers in Anor Londo. I've gotten past them without problems before, but now everything that could go wrong kept going wrong. After 8 deaths he fell of the ledge instead me. After that opening up the all the shortcuts was pretty easy.

Anor Londo is pretty good once you get past the falling to your death bits. There are a lot of good armors to be found there. Using the Silver Knight set at the moment.

Also killed Lautrec. He makes for a good fight as always. It's nice to be able to try different things without the risk of losing your souls. I killed the Mage first with lightning spears, and after that Lautrec by keeping my distance from him and using the Claymore strong attack if he got too close. That ended up killing him easily.

I'm going to do the Pianted World before completing Anor Londo.

I'm starting to feel like Miracles have been given the short end of the stick compared to Sorceries. Sorceries having much lower stat requirements and being easier to come by. And it's the same for weapons. Strenght having higher requirements than Dexterity. A good Dex/Sorcery build should be much easier to make than a Str/Faith build.

So much for Smough and Ornstein. And then there was that traitor Solaire. Trying to kill Ornstein before I could kill Smough, who I wanted to die first. First he was ahead me. Then I caught up and we ended up with a photo finish with both of their healthbars completely drained. But the cutscene showed Ornstein had died first. Had to teleport out of it just to bring Ornstein back. Killed them in the correct order afterwards. And I didn't have enough reason to abandon Solaire's covenant, I saw something I just couldn't say no to.

1.09 was out yesterday. All the bad flickerings are now gone.

From PvP perspective, Faith is great because of Wrath of God. Sorcery is great because of Crystal Magic, and then Dark Magic from the Artorias DLC.

I didn't realize Lautrec was the dude
who murdered my firekeeper
. ^_^ I lured his gang up the stairs in a single file and spammed them with pyro. Was carrying too much souls to mess with them. :devilish:

1.09 still isn't out in Europe. I'm still getting the flickering lights glitch.

Like I said, you won't lose your souls if you fight Lautrec in Anor Londo and he kills you.

I had a good evening playing co-op in Anor Londo. Killed a few invaders. They weren't particularly good, and we did usually outnumber them, but it's nice to kill a few for a change. Those Lightning Spears are good finishing move for when they tried to run.

Was also repeatedly summoned into NG+ by the same guy. Smough and Ornstein become quite a challenge on NG+. The first round usually went well enough, but in the second it was all to easy to get one shotted. And after being summoned by him again he always did the "shrug" gesture. :LOL: I hope he got past them eventually because we weren't able to, even though we had some pretty good players.

Back