Dark Souls

The patch is available in Europe now.

I beat the 4 Kings. Yay. I can see how they could become a problem on NG+.

Also met
Darkstalker Kaathe. I agreed to do what he wanted, and joined his covenant. Although mostly for the sword and armor set.

Yeah in NG+, they spawn noticeably quicker. And if you summoned Beatrice to help, she will get killed much faster.

I think Kalameet and O&S are tougher.

I finally killed Seath. It was pretty easy after he stopped flattening me with his tail. Got the Moonlight Sword.

I'm glad I no longer have to go through the Crystal Cave with it's invisible bridges and annoying Maneater Shells.

I reached the end of some the NPC's storylines.

Siegmeyer.
I guess it was obvious that the character that brought some humor to Lordran would have a tragic ending. Still sad though. I was hoping for a happier ending after helping him so many times.

Solaire.
It takes a lot of effort to keep him sane in the end. And then that's it, he's just depressed. Kind of a weak ending. Having him go insane would be more interesting. But now I can still summon him for the fight against Gwyn. I suppose you could speculate that he could still become the successor to Gwyn in his own version of Lordran.

I've though of doing something potentiality very stupid for the last boss fight. But before that I still need to kill Bed of Chaos, Nito, Manus and Kalameet.

I reached the end of some the NPC's storylines.

Siegmeyer.
I guess it was obvious that the character that brought some humor to Lordran would have a tragic ending. Still sad though. I was hoping for a happier ending after helping him so many times.

Solaire.
It takes a lot of effort to keep him sane in the end. And then that's it, he's just depressed. Kind of a weak ending. Having him go insane would be more interesting. But now I can still summon him for the fight against Gwyn. I suppose you could speculate that he could still become the successor to Gwyn in his own version of Lordran.

I've though of doing something potentiality very stupid for the last boss fight. But before that I still need to kill Bed of Chaos, Nito, Manus and Kalameet.

Whacha gonna do ?

Heh heh I didn't know you could summon a dead Solaire to help fight Gwyn. Have fun with Kalameet ! :p

Whacha gonna do ?

Heh heh I didn't know you could summon a dead Solaire to help fight Gwyn. Have fun with Kalameet ! :p

Well I'm not telling just yet.

Solaire isn't dead. I don't think you can summon against Gwyn if he dies.

Killed Nito who was pretty easy to kill. The Tomb of the Giants was pretty annoying though. Also met an old "friend" who I remember dying horribly last time.

Kalameet should be interesting, but I want to kill Manus first.

Yap, Nito is mostly presentation. ;-)

Looks scary but ultimately a walk in the park. Tomb of the Giants is indeed annoying
because of the terrain and lack of light. 8^/

Finally beat the game. What a ride. My only regret was killing some NPCs before their due time :LOL:

Played some PVP but everyone kicks my ass. Also lag is quite annoying, particularly when the game sets you against korean players and they're the ones hosting -_-'

I beat both Manus and Kalameet. And now I'm disappointed. I suspected I was over-levelled, and those fights pretty much confirmed it. Should be better on my other character at lower level, and without Artorias' Greatshield.

Is something supposed to happen when you talk to Dusk when she's back in Darkroot Garden? She has a few new lines, but halfway through it bugs out and she switches to older dialog.

Yeah, unfortunately, Dark Souls's co-op is flawed. You have to learn by experiences to predict the opponent's movement.

Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls in the core co-op mechanics.
I remember my first co-op rather vividly:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1350319&postcount=170

That's a great description. When I first got invaded I didn't know what the hell was going on. The guy just beat me to death with a spiked hammer. It was pretty brutal but at least it ended fast :LOL:

Finally beat Dark Souls. I went with the dark lord ending. Gwyn was pretty easy, nothing as epic as the False King. My attempt to make it a bit more difficult didn't really work either. I got my character infected with a parasite egg and fed it 100.000 souls to get the parasite to replace the kick with it's attack. Besides not being able wear head gear it's supposed to also be weak to fire damage, but that turned out to be pretty negligible. The new attack was rather weak as well, and basically useless against enemies like Gwyn. I was hoping for a more interesting trade-off. It looks pretty funny though.

Started a new character. I'm going for a sorcery/dex build this time. Thought I'd try to see how far I could get without levelling up. I was able to defeat the Gargoyles at SL3, I think the Capra Demon should be doable, but things like the Gaping Dragon may be too much.

Back