[PS3] Infamous 2

Well what can i say, Infamous was my favourite game on my PS3 and i pretty much haven't been able to put I2 down. Unlocked all the side missions (good karma first, then i'll go back to be bad!) in the first city and now working my way through the second one.

does this mean that you can do first good karma an than bad karma in the same game/run?

I am now rather at the end of the game on the last city part...still very good and entertaining :)

Have you not played the first game? Shame on you!

Basically once you finish the game on one karma (no sure why but i did good karma first on both games), you have the chance to start the game again and play it from the beginning.
You can't play one game with both karmas. Unlocking one locks the other, this goes for powers and missions too.

I had an annoying glitch when installing this game.
The install process would speed to 100%, then drop back to 9%, then immediately transition to the start new story/ continue from previous play screen.
The intro would play, but dialogue would not.

After a bunch of times deleting the update and install and redoing it, I found I had to hit the PS button on my controller while the install bar was present, and stay in the PS menu while the real install completed underneath.

Weird.

So, how are the user generated missions instegrated into the game world? DO they show up in your city automatically while playing? Or is it a seperate option?
How are they going to manage the clutter when everyone starts making their own missions? Or is it like LBP, where you basically choose from a list?

I haven't checked them out yet. As I understand, it should be a list but you can reuse the existing world and assets ?

Some more examples in this old trailer:

[gt]712764[/gt]

I haven't checked them out yet. As I understand, it should be a list but you can reuse the existing world and assets ?

Some more examples in this old trailer:

[gt]712764[/gt]

From what I understand, the UGC missions show up as icons in the city. Never seen a video or a screen showing a list uptill now.

Ah... that would gel with the existing side mission framework. I think that's a better idea than a LBP-like list.

But we still need some sort of filter to show only a subset of the missions, instead of like one hundred thousand side mission icons. :p

Ah... that's would gel with the existing side mission framework. I think that's a better idea than a LBP-like list.

But we still need some sort of filter to show only a subset of the missions, instead of like one hundred thousand side mission icons.
:p

Yup ! Thats exactly what I was asking ! Also, do those User created missions just show up as on the map/city while playing , if signed in, or do you turn them on/off from the pause menu or something?

Finished my Cole McNice playthrough today. Gonna start my Cole McDick playthrough tomorrow.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience, but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't understand where the 7.5/10 from Gamespot was coming from. The story is a complete mess that regularly goes from A to Z and back without bothering with all the letters in between. It even retcons one of the most important plot points from the first game for the sake of its own dramatic climax.

The characters are all paper thin cliches except for maybe Zeke, who is surprisingly likeable this time around. Your super powered allies Kuo and Nix on the other hand might as well have been a little angel and devil figures sitting on Cole's shoulders.

The powers Cole gets are pretty much identical to the ones found in the first game (you can tweak them a bit to suit your style, but in the end a sticky grenade is still just a grenade), but sadly they feel quite a bit weaker because every enemy in the game is a fucking bullet sponge. Even the lowly militia men can shrug of a straight up head-shot. The only powers that are actually new are relegated to the game's traversal mechanics exclusively, making this aspect of the game a whole lot more entertaining as a result. That's a good thing because there's obviously a lot of it in the game.

Another big gripe I have is with the boss battles and the lack of truly memorable moments. There is nothing quite like the ascension of the junk tower from Infamous 1 here, and every single boss is a by-the-numbers shoot the glowing weak spot affair. If you are hoping for dramatic moments like the Sasha and Kessler fights from Infamous 1, you are not gonna find em here.

The story is a complete mess that regularly goes from A to Z and back without bothering with all the letters in between.

Heh heh, I'm not so wrong saying I'm lost in the game. :p:
I'll push Cole further and see if I can make sense out of the story.

I didn't finish i1. Seeing the
Beast
at the beginning made me think I am in God of War III. ^_^

Have you not played the first game? Shame on you!
yes I have sir!! I even finished it with good karma...but I was to lazy to go evil!

as I maxed out good karma in I2 so fast, I thought that it is possible this time to do both in one run...

I just finished 60 side missions and have unlocked nearly all the super powers (except the ones in which you unleash with the cross "down" like the ionic storm...I wonder when I get these?)!

game is good, really good...I love the ability "flash grapple hook", makes climbing and traversing a map easy and fast!! great addition!

I also like how you can change the abilities on the fly to adjust the actual battle situation...nice touch imo!

story seems to be much weaker compared to the story in I1 imo, which is kind of dissapointment...but I wonder if there is a twist at the end so I'll judge when I have finished the game!

overall, I can only highly recommend this game to everyone interested in action!

I played a few hours last night. It got me hook, line, and sinker!! It's immediately familiar as infamous in that it plays exactly the same. It's just far more fluid and better looking. There are a few niggles I had with it. Cole tends to skate around a lot now that he's moving faster and also when you shoot power bolts they seem to travel as far as the enemy but never hit. And the enemies have become definite bullet sponges!! But if you liked inFamous 1 then you'll love this.

It doesn't really change much though, at least not mechanically. You always mash square until the triangle prompt appears, allowing you to execute a finishing move (which is not mandatory). The finishing moves themselves do get some nifty upgrades though: at first they just do more damage, but when your electric tuning fork is maxed out, a successful finishing attack (with a full bar) will restore your energy completely.

Back