First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

Titanio

Legend
Here you go..

killzonex-large.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-07-09-e3-four-titles_N.htm

Killzone 2

Release: 2008

Game systems: PlayStation 3; rated Mature for 17 and older

Description: The video game media salivated over the Hollywood-blockbuster-like video clip of this game at the 2005 E3, and Sony has been mum about details. Now it's hoping this futuristic first-person shooter will propel sales of PlayStation 3.

The action takes you and your squad of commanders to the planet Helghan to defeat the mutated human Helghast race, but it's not just straight-ahead combat.

"The Helghast are able to harness the raw power of the weather against you," Sony's Ron Eagle says. "It makes for some unique game play."

Designed to show off the PlayStation 3's capabilities, the game "will be a hardware mover," he says.

Killzone 2 also will be playable online on the PlayStation Network.

Seems legit enough...

Looks good, but to small to judge.
I'm looking very forward to the presentation of this game this week. I actually enjoyed the first one quite a lot and it seems like they are bringing the great, gritty atmosphere along this time around too. That's what impressed me the most with KZ1.

Edit: Yeah, and weather sounds nice!;-)

The shot doesn't give much away, indeed. It's small, with just a Helghast in an enclosed space. The Helghast does look pretty good though.

I think the most interesting part of this leak are the (admittedly scant) game details. Someone at 1up was saying he had heard the single player would be quite different than people might be expecting, and this whole weather thing might fit that bill. But I wonder on what scale that will operate..a larger macro scale (i.e. the helghast controlling the elements out in the environment), or will it be like "they have a lightening gun" ..

This will probably be popular thread very soon...

Anywaay using the weather, it may be cool, but it is against soldiers or car/planes/...?

Low-res shadows & textures!

That said, I'm really looking forward to see the trailer or demo shown tomorrow after more than 2 years wait.

Low-res shadows & textures!

That said, I'm really looking forward to see the trailer or demo shown tomorrow after more than 2 years wait.

I've yet to see ANY PS3/Xbox360 title that can handle high res soft-shadows in real-time with so much else going on..

So i'll definitely forgive them for this.. I'm more interesting in what else they've got going on in that engine..

Shadow does look odd, but I wouldn't agree about the textures on the wall upon which that shadow projects..their resolution looks fine, at least from the small shot.

A Killzone developer confirmed on the playstation boards that it is legit, for anyone wondering.

There's always one. :LOL:

The textures look good to me, and the shadows are certainly a lot better than those I can run on my PC with it's X1950xt, but quite how a judgement can be made of such a small screenshot I will never know.

I've yet to see ANY PS3/Xbox360 title that can handle high res soft-shadows in real-time with so much else going on..

So i'll definitely forgive them for this.. I'm more interesting in what else they've got going on in that engine..
Yeah I'm not particularly obsessed by these fringes, titles such as Lost Planet and Heavenly Sword already use low-res particles so in action it will be less noticeable.

But contrary to such parts, the body shape of Helghast is very detailed. If it animates well it will look fantastic. A good normal map?

There's always one. :LOL:

The textures look good to me, and the shadows are certainly a lot better than those I can run on my PC with it's X1950xt, but quite how a judgement can be made of such a small screenshot I will never know.

I am shure they will have soft edges on the shadows in final game (soft-shadows).

The textures look good to me, and the shadows are certainly a lot better than those I can run on my PC with it's X1950xt.

Yes the textures art look good, looks to be the same art/texture direction as CoD4. And you know about youre GPU, it depends on the game and resolution you play at. But power wise a 7900GT pulls HQ shadows/S-shadows without problems in all games! ;)

I would guesstimate 512x512 shadowmaps?

Back