Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

That's really great! Gonna test it out. As energy saver mode works much better for me. The other more power hungry mode keeps messing up remoteplay.

I’ll test but I have my doubts
Do report back. If it's only downloading and and not installing, then inevitably it could run out of free drive space in which to cache all the updates ready for when you switch it on next. I guess it depends how often you use your console, how much free space people have on their consoles and how big the updates are.

This would feel like just another thing to mentally mange, like which games are accessible via QuickResume.

Do report back. If it's only downloading and and not installing, then inevitably it could run out of free drive space in which to cache all the updates ready for when you switch it on next. I guess it depends how often you use your console, how much free space people have on their consoles and how big the updates are.

This would feel like just another thing to mentally mange, like which games are accessible via QuickResume.
Yea unfortunately as of late I've been all PC now. I think I should have gone with a 3080 from the onset, there was a small window of opportunity but I had already pre-ordered my consoles. Feeling some regret now consdiering this is where I have been spending all my time.

But I'll let you know.

Had the XSX set to instant-on since I bought it since the boot-up time wasn't great when I tested the various options initially.

Switched back to energy saver now and it's much better than it was.

Still can't get games to reliably download in the background in either mode though which is a pain. I need to do some troubleshooting.

Still can't get games to reliably download in the background in either mode though which is a pain. I need to do some troubleshooting.

I am experiencing this as well. When I recently switched to the energy saver mode, my Series X had been in Instant On mode since I last used it a few weeks back and there was eight game updates which had not started. All the settings look like games should be getting auto-updated but hmmm..

I am experiencing this as well. When I recently switched to the energy saver mode, my Series X had been in Instant On mode since I last used it a few weeks back and there was eight game updates which had not started. All the settings look like games should be getting auto-updated but hmmm..
this is what I couldn't confirm but also experienced.
I wasn't sure if it was all downloaded and just installing or...
I didn't spend enough time to figure it out.

this is what I couldn't confirm but also experienced.
I wasn't sure if it was all downloaded and just installing or...

For me they were not downloading. I got my Series X in May and as best as I can recall, it was fine last year. Maybe it's an isolated hiccup.

For me they were not downloading. I got my Series X in May and as best as I can recall, it was fine last year. Maybe it's an isolated hiccup.
I had similar issues I will try again but I think same as you

Did some more testing yesterday whilst getting HDMI-CEC to work (I'd completely ignored this until now).

Was in the middle of downloading Guardians of the Galaxy. Turning off the Xbox in entergy saver mode stopped the download completely. Turned it back to Standy mode and it downloaded overnight. So there's still something not right about energy saver mode.

Was in the middle of downloading Guardians of the Galaxy. Turning off the Xbox in entergy saver mode stopped the download completely. Turned it back to Standy mode and it downloaded overnight. So there's still something not right about energy saver mode.

So whilst I had eight stalled updates in Instant On mode, since I switched to Energy Saver mode few days back I can see there has been a game update happened whilst the Xbox was 'off'. It's like new free puzzle game from Microsoft! :LOL:

I think there definitely are some gremlins somewhere. The updates worked flawlessly all last year.

So whilst I had eight stalled updates in Instant On mode, since I switched to Energy Saver mode few days back I can see there has been a game update happened whilst the Xbox was 'off'. It's like new free puzzle game from Microsoft! :LOL:

I think there definitely are some gremlins somewhere. The updates worked flawlessly all last year.
ahhaha.

wtf. haha

Did some more testing yesterday whilst getting HDMI-CEC to work (I'd completely ignored this until now).

Did you ticked the box that allows your storage to be on while your xbox is off?

Did you ticked the box that allows your storage to be on while your xbox is off?
Can you guide me to find this option, because I can't see it. I've been through General / Sleep mode & Start-up, and System / Console info, Storage devices, and Updates. Nada. :-| I have a 2Tb SSD hang off the back of my Series X for old games, but whilst I cannot recall which games did not update previously I am sure it was a mix of games installed on both internal and external drives.

I have Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & apps up to date ticked.

It's the opposite - "When Xbox is off, turn off storage" (unchecked for me). Only available for standby mode, not energy saver mode. I assume it's only applicable to external storage as well and I don't have any on this Xbox.

I wondered whether it may be a wifi thing - dropping the connection when in energy saver mode - so tried with a wired connection. Still didn't work.

@DSoup When you select Sleep mode = Standby you should get the option I mention above displayed to the right of that.

@DSoup When you select Sleep mode = Standby you should get the option I mention above displayed to the right of that.

Thanks. I cannot recall what the setting what before I switched to Energy Saver mode last week, but I've reverted back to Instant On and unchecked this option. This may be the issue - the inability of Energy Saver mode to update games on external storage.

Thanks. I cannot recall what the setting what before I switched to Energy Saver mode last week, but I've reverted back to Instant On and unchecked this option. This may be the issue - the inability of Energy Saver mode to update games on external storage.

If that allows power saver mode to download, then it's a very bonkers UX.

Anyway I'm on XSS, only have internal storage, with turn off storage enabled on active standby mode. When in power saver mode, cannot download

Back