Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

Thats another point yes, the hardware upgrades could be done server-side. I personally dont really love the idea of streaming but i can see why it is the future.
Think about how many people a company looses on their platform between generations or how long it takes to recoup them back. Now with game pass for the more casual gamer who might buy a handful of games a generation MS doesn't have to worry about the switch between generations as much. If you have an xbox one you can paly xbox series x games heck most likely xbox next generation games too , if you have a xbox series you can play next generation games , if you have an xbox streaming stick you can do that too , have an older pc or tablet or cell phone? You can do it also. It just makes sense for microsoft.

It's also great because once you buy into the Microsoft Ecosystem the rock bottom price is the monthly (or yearly ) sub. But you can go as far as you want. You can just subscribe and use your current devices , you can invest in a series s or x for higher quality more consistent couch gaming or you can go balls to the wall with a $1500 video card + $1,000 cpu and $500 motherboard and $500 of ram and $500 of nvme drives and so on and forth on the pc side.

Streaming has it's flaws (input latency) but some of the main advantages is no need for local storage and all games are updated server side.

Nothing more frustrating than going to play some game and there is a 20GB(or worse) update needed...

Think about how many people a company looses on their platform between generations or how long it takes to recoup them back. Now with game pass for the more casual gamer who might buy a handful of games a generation MS doesn't have to worry about the switch between generations as much. If you have an xbox one you can paly xbox series x games heck most likely xbox next generation games too , if you have a xbox series you can play next generation games , if you have an xbox streaming stick you can do that too , have an older pc or tablet or cell phone? You can do it also. It just makes sense for microsoft.

It's also great because once you buy into the Microsoft Ecosystem the rock bottom price is the monthly (or yearly ) sub. But you can go as far as you want. You can just subscribe and use your current devices , you can invest in a series s or x for higher quality more consistent couch gaming or you can go balls to the wall with a $1500 video card + $1,000 cpu and $500 motherboard and $500 of ram and $500 of nvme drives and so on and forth on the pc side.

MS is covering the whole market, all platforms which can give them traction across the whole (wide) gaming market. I'd never like the idea of this streaming stick but thats a personal opinion, from a market perspective its excellent.

Streaming will never really be something I care about, obviously for the latency reasons etc, but mainly due to not being able to mod or multi task. I've never really been a console gamer but obviously I'm not the intended audience for something like xCloud.

That's the adaptive controller
View attachment 7168
That was my initial reaction as well. But the USB port looks to be in the wrong place. Unless it is indeed an old prototype on the adaptive controller. The MS adaptive controller site has a pretty good picture of the left side of the controller.

-edit-On a side note, I just skimmed over the adaptive controller accessories and geeze.... That stuff is really expensive for what amounts to a momentary switch in a plastic housing. I can't help but feel people are getting taken advantage of. I mean, $50-75 for a big red button. I, and any person with rudimentary electronics knowledge could build that from scratch for much less. I mean, a $5 Staples "Easy" button and a dollar store set of earbuds and you have all the parts needed.

Last edited:
Streaming has it's flaws (input latency) but some of the main advantages is no need for local storage and all games are updated server side.

Nothing more frustrating than going to play some game and there is a 20GB(or worse) update needed...
Yes that is a good advantage. the other great advantage is that period of time when a new system comes out and is impossible to get. I am sure there were a lot of launch ps4 owners who would have loved to play the ps5 titles without having to try and get a ps5.
MS is covering the whole market, all platforms which can give them traction across the whole (wide) gaming market. I'd never like the idea of this streaming stick but thats a personal opinion, from a market perspective its excellent.
Streaming has its place I think. It wouldn't be my first option however. however I am sure there are millions of people playing cell phone games that wouldn't care.
Streaming will never really be something I care about, obviously for the latency reasons etc, but mainly due to not being able to mod or multi task. I've never really been a console gamer but obviously I'm not the intended audience for something like xCloud.

I will be interested to see if the streaming stick allows for streaming locally also and that includes pc. It be great to throw one of these in the bedroom and be able to play my desktop or better yet the basement workshop area.

I could see this + a family plan as a good way to expand into house holds.

I will be interested to see if the streaming stick allows for streaming locally also and that includes pc. It be great to throw one of these in the bedroom and be able to play my desktop or better yet the basement workshop area.
I'd be interested in that, I like being able to stream from my desktop to my Shield.

I love the streaming. Makes it a lot easier to play. No downloads. No worrying about downloading updates. When I'm gaming at home if I have a choice between the two & I never downloaded the game, I'm playing via the Cloud. No need to waste valuable hard drive space. Plus, it makes it so easy to get those Game Pass Quests/Microsoft Rewards. 🤑

I'm really interested in that Keystone streaming device. Can't wait to convert it into a mobile device with either a tablet or portable monitor & a Gamesir X2 Pro.

Tommy McClain

1666107250324.png

Second half of October:
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – Today
  • Amnesia: Collection (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 20
  • Amnesia: Rebirth (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 20
  • Phantom Abyss (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – October 20
  • Soma (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 20
  • Persona 5 Royal (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 21
  • Frog Detective: The Entire Mystery (PC) – October 27
  • Gunfire Reborn (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 27
  • Signalis (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 27
Leaving the service on October 31st are:

• Alan Wake: American Nightmare (Console and PC)
  • Backbone (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Bassmaster Fishing 2022 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Wingman (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Second Extinction (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sniper Elite 4 (Console and Cloud)
  • The Forgotten City (Cloud, Console, and PC)

1667308710221.png

New additions:
  • The Legend of Tianding (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Today, November 1st, 2022
  • The Walking Dead: A New Frontier – The Complete Season (PC) – Today, November 1st, 2022
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne – The Complete Season (PC) – Today, November 1st, 2022
  • Ghost Song (Cloud, Console, and PC) – November 3
  • Football Manager 2023 (PC) – November 8
  • Football Manager 2023 Console (Cloud, Console, and PC) – November 8
  • Return to Monkey Island (Cloud, Console, and PC) – November 8
  • Vampire Survivors (Console) – November 10
  • Pentiment (Cloud, Console, and PC) – November 15
  • Somerville (Console and PC) – November 15

Leaving November 8
  • Football Manager 2022 (PC)
  • Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Leaving November 15
  • Art of Rally (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Fae Tactics (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Next Space Rebel (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • One Step from Eden (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Supraland (Cloud, Console, and PC)

whoa. sommervil and mokey seems fits my taste. nice. the other games... meh.
it seems my video game taste is really not in-line with gamepass. very few games i enjoy there. akin to how almost no game i got from Epic store fit my taste.

whoa. sommervil and mokey seems fits my taste. nice. the other games... meh.
I loved the originals but I'm not a fan of the visual aesthetic of Return. C'est la vie, as Le Chuck might say.

Back