Grounded (Obsidian Entertainment) [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I'd like to get into Sea of Thieves but everything I've read is that there are too many griefing mechanics to really play solo without assholes making life miserable. If I've got that wrong, do let me know because that is the only thing putting me off.

That might have changed somewhat in a SoT update for Season 8 (end of November). Maybe they'll entirely opt into this new on-demand system and leave those of us just trying to explore alone? I still want some strictly PvE servers, just to cater to my old ass can't compete play style and not leave it up to others.

Rare's groundbreaking open-world multiplayer experience Sea of Thieves is primed to drop its latest batch of seasonal content. Coming to Sea of Thieves across Xbox consoles and Windows PCs everywhere, Season 8 is scheduled to release on November 22, 2022, and it's introducing an entirely new way to engage in player-versus-player combat. While ravenous pirates will certainly embrace the incorporation of PVP on-demand, even critics of the unpredictable nature of Sea of Thieves should appreciate the changes.
Season 8 of Sea of Thieves empowers players to participate in PVP encounters via the Hourglass of Fate in the ship's Captain Quarters. Pledge your allegiance to one of two factions and opt into PVP matchmaking that literally plunges your crew's ship into the depths of the ocean in search of worthy contenders. Once a suitable match has been found, you'll emerge from the waves and charge headfirst toward a rival ship. The latest overview video beautifully showcases how dramatic and seamless the system appears to be.

Spiders. Nope, nope ... really REALLY nope. :p

As I'm sure you know, there is an arachnophobia setting which allows you to granularly adjust the appearance of spiders in the game and there is even - nice touch - a little preview window so you can see what they will look like. I was really impressed by the variety of options in the game, and whilst I opted for a pre-set difficult (Mild - I'm not afraid to admit), there is a custom difficulty where you can chose pretty much anything you like, including aggressiveness (or not) or inclusions (or not) of insects at all. I can't fund enough water, but I have dew catchers now soo....

Spiders don't bother me, but they are hellish terrifying in the game. :yes:

That might have changed somewhat in a SoT update for Season 8 (end of November). Maybe they'll entirely opt into this new on-demand system and leave those of us just trying to explore alone? I still want some strictly PvE servers, just to cater to my old ass can't compete play style and not leave it up to others.

I live in hope! Sea of Theives has always appealed because PIRATES! and I love the athletic but I just want to bob around the ocean at my own pace, and not worrying about assholes.

Back