Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

I don't like subscriptions but the family plan is an awesome feature. The thing I always loathed with digital services is that they effectively killed off family sharing.
20 years ago, I could play Brood War at the same time my bro played Warcraft 3. When all games became tied to your digital account and only allowed one person at a time, it really sucked.

Goldeneye came out Aug 25th. They missed the actual release anniversary damit!

Yup. The Xbox version was leaked quite some time ago with the entire achievement listing and all. It was extra perplexing when August 25th came and went without an announcement.

That's actually kind of cool since they likely had to relicense the rights in order to release a James Bond game. And not just a re-release of the original through emulation, but a presumably recreated version.

Regards,
SB

The Xbox Wire post is up about Goldeneye 007:

GoldenEye 007 will be made available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S as part of Xbox Game Pass. Additionally, players who own a digital copy of Rare Replay, the 30-game compilation of classics from the award-winning studio behind GoldenEye 007’s original release, will be able to download and enjoy the game free of charge.

That's actually kind of cool since they likely had to relicense the rights in order to release a James Bond game. And not just a re-release of the original through emulation, but a presumably recreated version.

It seems like this is NOT the Remastered X360 version but more the original version. So someone somewhere that holds the rights did not approve the updated work. :(

It seems like this is NOT the Remastered X360 version but more the original version. So someone somewhere that holds the rights did not approve the updated work. :(

Not wanting to diss anyone' work, but the shots I saw of the remaster really lost something in the process. For my money*, they should have been creating higher fidelity versions of the original textures. Instead, it looked like more realistic versions of the existing textures. If that makes any sense...

*Imaginary money, since I own Rare Repay

It's coming to Switch also in the Expansion Pak. It might be just the way the license got negotiated. Get the rights to the original, but a remake would require another agreement.

Imagine, a small stick like that. just plug it into the TV and you can play any game at XSX quality and performance. Heck they could be including that stick with the gamepass/xcloud service....

I think you mentioned it a long time ago this would happen. While many wont like the idea, i think something like this is the future of console gaming.

It makes sense for MS to do this. It should also if done right have a very long shelf life. Depending on price this might go into my bedroom. We have a fire stick in there now but if I can unify everything to just xbox it be great (we have a series x as out media device on our living room tv)

It makes sense for MS to do this. It should also if done right have a very long shelf life. Depending on price this might go into my bedroom. We have a fire stick in there now but if I can unify everything to just xbox it be great (we have a series x as out media device on our living room tv)

Thats another point yes, the hardware upgrades could be done server-side. I personally dont really love the idea of streaming but i can see why it is the future.

Back