Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

Agreed.

Many people that can afford an XSS will not buy one until it is $199 or less. Including PS5 owners that want access to the Xbox ecosystem for cheap.

While I disagree that 50 or 100 Mbps results in slow downloads, I do have to admit that I might be less concerned about a game installing in minutes versus hours. Then again, I grew up poor so having to be patient was just a part of life. :)

Until about 9 months ago I had around 10Mbps and the was a day-long download for a lot of tiles. Plenty of people are still relying on single-digit Mbps connections.

It's not entirely about affordability, it's price thresholds. Below 200 currency makes it much more of snap purchase, snap present/grandparent gift etc.
Of course, somebody might buy you a Series S but if the appeal is Game Pass which you might struggle to keep subscribed too, but if getting the most out of it also relies on your having semi-decent internet which you don't have and/or cannot afford, does that help?

If I bought you a Bugatti Veyron, you might be pleased until you realise you may not be able to afford to keep it fuelled or insured.

I guess it's nice to look at? :???:

If I bought you a Bugatti Veyron, you might be pleased until you realise you may not be able to afford to keep it fuelled or insured.

Nah, just get in and get your kids or the neighborhood kids to push you around the block. :D They're poor, what else do they have to do for fun? :p Maybe I'm projecting since I pushed a lot of things around in my childhood (wheelbarrows full of dirt and rocks).

Regards,
SB

Well the government program in the US (ACP which replaces and supercedes the EBS program) is applicable to any internet service. So, I guess if someone had enough to cover the rest of that FIOS service here in the US, they could use ACP to help afford FIOS. Although at that point I'd question the priorities of a low income family requiring government assistance going for such an extravagance versus a cheaper lower speed internet tier and then using the money that would have gone to FIOS for more important things like food, clothing and shelter. :p

I started getting the $30 ACB credit every month on my Cox Cable bill a few months ago. My bill was usually over $100 just for Internet. I pay for extra data since we don't get cable or satellite TV. I'm a 1-income family of 4, but I get assistance because I adopted 2 foster kids. My income is low because I work for the government. So that's why I qualified, but I have a house mortgage & a car loan. So I don't think $30 is a lot, but every person has different budgets & priorities. Not sure anyone is in a position to be questioning another. ;)

Tommy McClain

I started getting the $30 ACB credit every month on my Cox Cable bill a few months ago. My bill was usually over $100 just for Internet. I pay for extra data since we don't get cable or satellite TV. I'm a 1-income family of 4, but I get assistance because I adopted 2 foster kids. My income is low because I work for the government. So that's why I qualified, but I have a house mortgage & a car loan. So I don't think $30 is a lot, but every person has different budgets & priorities. Not sure anyone is in a position to be questioning another. ;)

So as your internet bill is usually over $100 and you get $30 credit, you still pay over $70 per month for internet? And yeah, people have different priorities. Internet would be one of the last things I would surrender. :yep2:

So as your internet bill is usually over $100 and you get $30 credit, you still pay over $70 per month for internet? And yeah, people have different priorities. Internet would be one of the last things I would surrender. :yep2:

I'd definitely eat more mac and cheese or hit the food bank before I cut out my internet. Of course my monthly rate for no cap fibre is less than AzBat is paying with a subsidy.

Yeah, I'm on the basic package that nets me up to 150 Mbps down, up to 10 Mbps up & 1.25TB data. I haven't upgraded in a few years. So I could be getting a better package for a couple of bucks more a month if I checked. Unfortunately fiber isn't available right now, but there are a bunch of crews adding it across my county. So hopefully soon™.

Ramen or mac & cheese goes great with fast internet. LOL

Tommy McClain

Yeah, I'm on the basic package that nets me up to 150 Mbps down, up to 10 Mbps up & 1.25TB data. I haven't upgraded in a few years. So I could be getting a better package for a couple of bucks more a month if I checked. Unfortunately fiber isn't available right now, but there are a bunch of crews adding it across my county. So hopefully soon™.

Ramen or mac & cheese goes great with fast internet. LOL

Tommy McClain

It's a shame that you have Cox Cable rather than Comcast/Xfinity cable in your area. The reason I say that is that Comcast/Xfinity are the ones that run the government subsidized Internet Essentials which has the 50 Gb/s (9.95 USD) and 100 Gb/s (29.95 USD) services with no data cap. And then people can apply ACP on top of that.

They used to have a data cap, but that went away around last summer with the extended Covid lockdowns. It'll be interesting to see if those come back. Perhaps due to being a government subsidized service they may no longer be allowed to assess a data cap.

Regards,
SB

It's a shame that you have Cox Cable rather than Comcast/Xfinity cable in your area. The reason I say that is that Comcast/Xfinity are the ones that run the government subsidized Internet Essentials which has the 50 Gb/s (9.95 USD) and 100 Gb/s (29.95 USD) services with no data cap.
I rest my case on lack of options for internet, or just shitty internet. ;)

Welp, I just purchased another title that was on Game Pass purely because I had a chance to play it on Game Pass (currently not on Game Pass anymore). Code Vein (80% off on Steam right now). Not sure I'd have gotten it even on sale if I hadn't had a chance to play it for an extended period.

Oddly, it was purely an impulse buy and I'm not even sure I'll have time to continue playing it anytime in the forseeable future. But I enjoyed it enough that when I saw it on sale, I figured I'd throw some more money to the developers.

Regards,
SB

Btw dunno where to post this.

with gamepass ultimate, i get pc + Xbox games for XPA titles. Even when I'm in different regions

But what happen when I buy XPA game on pc in a region where Xbox is not supported? Will I still get the Xbox version?

Back