Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might need the windows update that Rikimaru spoke of, my Win7 PC needed it before the reservation icon would pop up. Try running a scan for updates and installing any non-critical stuff you find; that could be it.

I had to force through GMX.exe on my W7 desktop. Still can't get it to work on my wife's desktop.

One of my main concerns is being able to do a fresh install.
  • Do I get a product key that I can use to do a fresh install from USB?
  • I have a full Upgrade package for Windows 7 which can transfer to a new PC, can I transfer my Windows 10 upgrade to a new PC as well? Obviously as a PC gamer I change various hardware so I don't use OEM versions due to this.
You have those questions answered here, but yes, you'll be able to perform a fresh install. Details in the article:

http://arstechnica.com/information-...lean-installs-of-the-free-windows-10-upgrade/

You have those questions answered here, but yes, you'll be able to perform a fresh install. Details in the article:

http://arstechnica.com/information-...lean-installs-of-the-free-windows-10-upgrade/

"On Twitter he confirmed that once upgraded, Windows 10 users will be able to perform clean installs of the operating system at any time, even after the one-year free period has ended."

So I first need to make the upgrade anyway, then I can format and clean install again? Bleh.

I hoped I could clean install right away and use my Windows 7 key for activation.

So possibly it creates a custom ISO from the upgrade that includes the key and unique identifiers for the hardware. And as the article states, it still doesn't answer the question of upgrades later on. My Windows 7 Pro is not OEM, I've transferred it a couple of times already. Will the W10 upgrade convert me to a version locked to my specific hardware? Will have to buy a new license if I change my motherboard? What constitutes enough hardware changes to qualify as a new computer?

Still questions to be answered that they probably don't want to answer (yet) or even don't have answers to yet.

So possibly it creates a custom ISO from the upgrade that includes the key and unique identifiers for the hardware. And as the article states, it still doesn't answer the question of upgrades later on. My Windows 7 Pro is not OEM, I've transferred it a couple of times already. Will the W10 upgrade convert me to a version locked to my specific hardware? Will have to buy a new license if I change my motherboard? What constitutes enough hardware changes to qualify as a new computer?

Still questions to be answered that they probably don't want to answer (yet) or even don't have answers to yet.
Based on previous experience, if there's issues with Windows not willing to activate on new platform, simple call to MS's (free) phone activation service does the trick, if the automatic system doesn't, human will after you just say some releavant parts (mobo for example) broke and you needed to replace it

@Kaotik
hmm weird, my windows 8 got kicked from msdnaa license and i cant reactivate it by phone, but i dont remember what is their reason. Now i've been using it as unactivated for years and still working though.. (it just give blue activate fullscreen pop up every 3 ours or so).

@Kaotik
hmm weird, my windows 8 got kicked from msdnaa license and i cant reactivate it by phone, but i dont remember what is their reason. Now i've been using it as unactivated for years and still working though.. (it just give blue activate fullscreen pop up every 3 ours or so).
Do you get updates? Just curious....

@Cyan yeah updates are free directly from windows update. Its just stays unactivated.
compared to windows 7 that really annoying when unactivated, windows 8 really fine.

btw my windows 7 still did not get the win10 update notification.

@Cyan yeah updates are free directly from windows update. Its just stays unactivated.
compared to windows 7 that really annoying when unactivated, windows 8 really fine.

btw my windows 7 still did not get the win10 update notification.
I wouldn't worry, when Windows 10 comes out you can check, but if W7 works, W10 is most likely to work too.

So Windows 8 gets updated even if you have it inactivated? That's a good thing, and you're lucky your Windows 7 hasn't been compromised by malware.

@Cyan my windows 7 is legit MSDNAA license :D
my windows 8 tablet have legit OEM core something something license.

its my windows 8 laptop that no longer have legit license. The MSDNAA license refuse to be "reactivated" after something happened (i forgot, its os reinstall, hdd or mainboard or lcd replace).

also windows pirated version is the most common windows in my country and i have not found them with malware, at least from malwarebytes checks. My friends/family often asked me to recommend laptop/pc and "prep" it with antivirus, driver updates, etc. Btw Lenovo laptop that have the spy program, malawarebytes did not detect it. Dunno because it is undetected, or because lenovo did not put the spy program in my country.

on not really related note. Does windows 10 will stop pushing out of date driver updates? Its really annoying on windows 7 and 8. When cousin comes saying playing game x become slow blah blah blah.

"did you just do windows update?"
"yeah" <- happy here. really bummed when on rare ocassion they say "no" and i need to examine the pc/laptop whole day -____-
"okay, now ill download this driver. Lets wait for an hour for new drivers to finish download. Lets eat somewhere?".

"yeah" <- happy here. really bummed when on rare ocassion they say "no" and i need to examine the pc/laptop whole day -____-
"okay, now ill download this driver. Lets wait for an hour for new drivers to finish download. Lets eat somewhere?".
Heh! Well, using downloads as an excuse to have a nice bite to eat isn't so bad! :)

@Cyan ...
on not really related note. Does windows 10 will stop pushing out of date driver updates? Its really annoying on windows 7 and 8. When cousin comes saying playing game x become slow blah blah blah.
That behavior should end with RTM, however it is legit to expect such behavior under previous builds, Microsoft need to test as much as possible the OS.

@Cyan my windows 7 is legit MSDNAA license :D
my windows 8 tablet have legit OEM core something something license.

its my windows 8 laptop that no longer have legit license. The MSDNAA license refuse to be "reactivated" after something happened (i forgot, its os reinstall, hdd or mainboard or lcd replace).

also windows pirated version is the most common windows in my country and i have not found them with malware, at least from malwarebytes checks. My friends/family often asked me to recommend laptop/pc and "prep" it with antivirus, driver updates, etc. Btw Lenovo laptop that have the spy program, malawarebytes did not detect it. Dunno because it is undetected, or because lenovo did not put the spy program in my country.

Ah, okay... I wasn't saying that though, I was just asking if an unlicensed Windows 8 still receives updates, and that's why the malware comment, because they are very important to keep your system secure.

Japanese things, an Anthropomorphized Windows 10 OS. :smile2:

nrTCqlb.png

http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/japan-has-anthropomorphized-windows-10-into-its-own-os-tan/

Edited: as per Silent Buddha suggestion.

Last edited:
@Cyan

her design is weird. Did not reflect the new Modern Interface that W10 brings. I dont remember W8-tan, but W7-tan is Madobe Nanami or Manami or something and the colours and accesories do feels like W7.

the only thing this W10-tan looks right is her boobs.

Btw my Windows 7 cannot finish updating stuff. It always failed at something then reverting changes. Blahrgh!

@Cyan

her design is weird. Did not reflect the new Modern Interface that W10 brings. I dont remember W8-tan, but W7-tan is Madobe Nanami or Manami or something and the colours and accesories do feels like W7.

the only thing this W10-tan looks right is her boobs.

Btw my Windows 7 cannot finish updating stuff. It always failed at something then reverting changes. Blahrgh!
:D What her boobs have to do with Windows 10 to the point that you say they got the boobs right? I mean, does Windows 10 feel like real female boobs?

Sounds to me that Windows 10 manages memory fine. Like high density memory foam, which is what women boobs feel like when you squeeze them gently. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back