What should Nintendo do to become N°1 again?

hey69 said:
edit: wow, if you think that GC IS modern style and cool, i wonder how a childish colorfull console looks alike.... 8)

last time i checked GC was sold in, what, ~7 different colors/textures. some of them mightly neat, i might add. if somebody doesn't like the purple version then the graphite or the metallic-white may be more to his taste. i, for, one, find those darn stylish. IMO overall, GC gets the palm for attractiveness & modern design for this console generation.

Grall said:
Also they need to do less "primary colors" games, or at least MORE "non-primary colors" games. Metroid Prime is a fine example of a game older people can enjoy, yet not having madmen mowing down hookers in cars and gunning down policemen or such, they could sure need more software like MP.

exactly. titles like the upcoming PN3 strenghten this "MP-trend". i'm seriously considering getting myself a cube (my being a DC owner) if PN3 turns out nearly as good as MP.

darkblu said:
i, for, one, find those darn stylish. IMO overall, GC gets the palm for attractiveness & modern design for this console generation.

MAYBE TO U...... to be honest a silver ps2 would be pretty damn sexxxxxy.... let's leave the xbox, thats just hopeless.....

i'm kinda looking forward to the external design of PS3.... sony have been going the sexxxxy way lately with their equipment........

london-boy said:
darkblu said:
i, for, one, find those darn stylish. IMO overall, GC gets the palm for attractiveness & modern design for this console generation.

MAYBE TO U......

IMO = 'In My Opinion', i believe. bolding on my part

to be honest a silver ps2 would be pretty damn sexxxxxy.... let's leave the xbox, thats just hopeless.....

ps2 looks too much like a big heat dissipator to me. but the original graphite/matte black color is good, no doubt.

i'm kinda looking forward to the external design of PS3.... sony have been going the sexxxxy way lately with their equipment........

from my perspective, sony have a non-consitent track reckord when it comes to design sleekness - half their equipment's design is cool, half is 'a step in the wrong direction'. but all of their equipment has genuine design, no question bout that.

Grall said:
Metroid Prime is a fine example of a game older people can enjoy, yet not having madmen mowing down hookers in cars and gunning down policemen or such, they could sure need more software like MP.

older people like simple gameplay, Metroid Prime is too hardcore for them :p

Anyway I agree they should rely a bit less on Zelda, Mario and the like, and innovate a bit more.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by PIKMIN which I love, Luigi's mansion was fun also (but short.).

The biggest problem is the lack of truely innovative game... and Fable is on XBox :(
Hopefully there will be an innovative FF on the Cube.

darkblu said:
london-boy said:
darkblu said:

MAYBE TO U......

IMO = 'In My Opinion', i believe. bolding on my part

to be honest a silver ps2 would be pretty damn sexxxxxy.... let's leave the xbox, thats just hopeless.....

ps2 looks too much like a big heat dissipator to me. but the original graphite/matte black color is good, no doubt.

from my perspective, sony have a non-consitent track reckord when it comes to design sleekness - half their equipment's design is cool, half is 'a step in the wrong direction'. but all of their equipment has genuine design, no question bout that.

I hope they keep the vertical position, i like the idea, i have my ps2 in vertical position now and it looks pretty.
i'm sure they'll keep the sophisticated slick look since ps3 will be even more a living room feature than any previous console....
and i certainly hope they do it in silver. black is soooooooooo saturn, sooooooooo last century

hey69 said:
btw, they need to buy something dont they? if those games are the best nintendo can offer, then hey, it' normal only a few millions buys them.

Do you realize those games sold more than most games in the market (and all xbox games except one). The problem with nintendo is not that software is not selling, it is that they can not reach the market beyond their core customers.

hey69 said:
btw, they need to buy something dont they? if those games are the best nintendo can offer, then hey, it' normal only a few millions buys them.

what my point is actually that nintendo doesn't have to heavily focus on mario and metroid and zelda to be ALL THAT . create something new, refreshing and instead of selling games to couple million people, they can sell it to TENS of millions happy nintendo customers..

::giggles:: Good luck to them selling TENS OF MILLIONS of copies, considering only about ~10 million GameCubes are sitting in people's homes.

Get a clue. Please. Selling a game to a full tenth of your user base is rather impressive.

SSB:Melée has sold like 2.5 million, which means ONE IN FOUR GameCube owners has the game. Even HALO can't claim that... and PS2's userbase is far too large, even a game that sells 6 million will only be around 10% of the userbase.

[Edited]I just posted that MS was bragging about that too. Anyway, I was just saying that Halo "must be in with a shot for "highest attach rate" this generation."

function said:
[Edited]Halo "must be in with a shot for "highest attach rate" this generation."

Is that EXCLUDING pack-ins and the free copies they GAVE AWAY?

*G*

hey69 said:
make it piratable on the long term , it wil push more sales (see xbox ps2) ( i have to admit, here in belgium , 9 out of 10 people has a xbox that i know , for one purpose only! pirating games, divx moviez and for emus)

Right... I live in Belgium too and only 1/10 persons that have a Xbox which is modded for emus and divx movies... not pirated games. Like most people in Belgium I buy games out of respect for their creators. Stop giving Belgian people a bad name!

and i certainly hope they do it in silver. black is soooooooooo saturn, sooooooooo last century

I have a silver GameCube :/

wazoo said:
Tagrineth said:
PS2's userbase is far too large, even a game that sells 6 million will only be around 10% of the userbase.
Looking at the userbase, ps2 sales are very poor.

No. It only proves that there are TONS of more quality games on PS2 than GC, hence sales are split among them.

Grall said:
function said:
[Edited]Halo "must be in with a shot for "highest attach rate" this generation."

Is that EXCLUDING pack-ins and the free copies they GAVE AWAY?

*G*

Halo was never given away 'free' in North America atleast. The bundles that include it are always ~$329CDN or so ($50 cdn more).

Legion said:
seriously folks. Which console is in slot 2?
Microsoft is ahead in sold units, Nintendo is ahead in hardware/software ratio and their video-game business is profitable.

Tagrineth said:
hey69 said:

what my point is actually that nintendo doesn't have to heavily focus on mario and metroid and zelda to be ALL THAT . create something new, refreshing and instead of selling games to couple million people, they can sell it to TENS of millions happy nintendo customers..

::giggles:: Good luck to them selling TENS OF MILLIONS of copies, considering only about ~10 million GameCubes are sitting in people's homes.

Get a clue. Please. Selling a game to a full tenth of your user base is rather impressive.

SSB:Melée has sold like 2.5 million, which means ONE IN FOUR GameCube owners has the game. Even HALO can't claim that... and PS2's userbase is far too large, even a game that sells 6 million will only be around 10% of the userbase.

if 1 in 4 has a particular game, maybe that means there are not enough quality games around .
and btw, 25% of a userbase doesn't mean squad if it totals ONLY 2.5 million.

At the end of the day, total sell through counts and pays the bills
more games , more profit .
so yes 10% ps2 base is better (more profitable) then 25% SSB:Melée

Evil_Cloud: if you know 1/10 people with modded xbox and I know 9/10 modded xbox owners we still have 10 on 20 xbox modded.

:p

Back