Warhawk Beta - May 24 (registration open!)

With the recent updates to Warhawk, I honestly like the game a great deal more. All we need now is of course lower ping on the servers and some weapons balancing and we may just have a hit on our hands.

Well, you're out of luck because the game is MP only. Maybe they'll release a single-player Warhawk at some point, who knows.
I think I read they are waiting to see how successful the game is before committing to a single player game.

I doubt Warhawk was designed from the beginning as a MP game, they will already have a reasonable storyboard for a single player game so there shouldn't be too long a wait for me.

Of course if the game cost £10~£15 on PSN, I might give it a try anyway.

Yes !

I forgot WarHawk is P2P ? Might be hard to get spectator mode going then. :(

It has dedicated servers too, anyone can host a ranked server but currently they canot see or play in the game while it's running.

Another update:

Stability Update:

The team made great progress tonight with a version of the Warhawk public BETA built for firm 1.8

We are very happy with the results and have passed a patch to our QA team in San Diego for testing tomorrow.

Well, some guys managed to download and run Warhawk beta, even without the "Public Beta Invitation"... All what is needed is 2 files [beta, and ps3 web server for PC], and a LAN connection from PS3 to PC. When beta is downloaded/installed from PC, game runs with no problems on Warhawk official servers...

Its a slippery solution, but if you want it badly enough... now there is a way.

Well, some guys managed to download and run Warhawk beta, even without the "Public Beta Invitation"... All what is needed is 2 files [beta, and ps3 web server for PC], and a LAN connection from PS3 to PC. When beta is downloaded/installed from PC, game runs with no problems on Warhawk official servers...

Its a slippery solution, but if you want it badly enough... now there is a way.

This will probably result badly for everyone else in the beta, and probably poorly for future beta release's from Sony.

You can always count on pirates, idiots, and deperate morons to ruin everything for everyone else. :D

Yes !

Aren't the custom games of R:FOM, p2p as well?
In any case, I think spectator mode wouldn't be difficult to implement
I for one would like to see it.

With the recent updates to Warhawk, I honestly like the game a great deal more.

What updates exactly? I haven't seen any client side update at all.

Yes !

several XBL titles which are p2p have robust spectator modes so I'd imagine it's possible if they wanted to implement.

Table Tennis was one and PGR3 with "Gotham TV" was another (off the top of my head). Both are games that lend themselves well to spectating.

I'd suggest a save film format like Halo3 MP is implementing for FPS's like Warhawk though. it allows a much more intertwined view(s) of the action with FF etc and the ability to share them is way cool.

that would be perfect for Warhawk or any fun sandbox type shooter with so much going on at once IMO.

:D I'm holding all MP games against the high standard Resistance is setting. As long as the spectate mode does not slow down game play, then it's fine. I guess the game host can turn spectate mode off if they want to.

Betan, I don't know if Resistance custom game is P2P or not.

TapIn, yes save game movie is a great feature. It should be standard on all MP games (eventually).

Well you could always join a game and just watch, not do much. There's your spectator mode. :p

Might piss off your teammates tho.

:D I'm holding all MP games against the high standard Resistance is setting.

Same here. Teh thrill of gb should be in every PS3 MP shooter from now on.
Indifferent2.gif

So the game is finally getting patched tonight, will be fixed and hopefully have FAR less stalls and freezing.

You have to join Sony Underground, after that I'm not sure. I got an e-mail directly to join from the underground.

When did you get the e-mail inviting you to join the beta? I just joined Sony Underground and verified my PS3...hopefully going to get into a beta.

Back