Warhawk Beta - May 24 (registration open!)

Titanio

Legend
So Warhawk will have a public beta from next week..anyone can sign up here, although not everyone is guaranteed to be accepted.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Beta/Warhawk/SignUp.aspx

:)

edit - here's some details. The beta will include all maps and vehicles!!

The open beta for Warhawk is scheduled for release on May 24. Participants for the beta will be chosen from sign-ups from the official Warhawk Web site, and producers told us it will be an approximately 780MB download. Even better news: This will be the full game for the beta, complete with all maps, vehicles, and rewards.

Shall we put some in game footage in here as well? (That's from SGD, but I assume lots of beta members will record what they can, too. ;) )

The only other Warhawk thread of note didn't seem like a good resurrection point.

It's been two months since we first got our hands on Warhawk, the fast paced multiplayer experience from Incognito. In that time, we've blasted our way across the original map in the pre-alpha build multiple times, and have been looking forward to getting our hands on newer stages to blast our way through. We've also been perfecting our dogfighting, flag capturing and zone controlling skills to prepare for the massive 32 player battles that will rage on PS3s. But we could never have expected to see the massive visual and technical strides that have been made with the game that we noticed at Sony's Gamer's Day.

First of all, throw out everything that you've seen on the game up to this point. Yeah, I know, it sounds like an extreme statement to make, but every single texture in the game has been completely redone. Character models stand out with a lot more detail and vehicle models have crisper, sharper skins. The panels on the jeeps and tanks look much more weathered and battle worn than they did before. Even the mini-maps have received extra attention, with new icons on the map that indicates vehicles, enemies and your character's personal vision cone. Even flags or objectives have received light cones to indicate where a player needs to go during a match in case they get confused or lost. With all of the visual improvements, it almost feels like playing a brand new game...
[ http://ps3.ign.com/articles/788/788743p1.html ]
Massive improvements in 2 months means very talented devs or something about EDGE ?.. :rolleyes:

Awesome news for beta improvements. And how large do you think will Beta be? 1-3 gigs? Its 24maps after all...

Is it usual to see massive updates in 2 months period which makes you to say " it almost feels like playing a brand new game " ?..

Revamping textures shouldn’t be all that time consuming (within a 2-3 month period), especially if the original textures were from higher-QT assets to begin with. As for the rest of it…who knows how many sleepless nights the guys/gals over at Incognito put in within that time span.

w00t!

I got into the beta!! :D

It shows up in my PS3 account now under services I am registered for. Can't wait till I can start playing it.

I got in too :) Quite excited, from the sounds of things we'll be pretty much given access to the whole game which is awesome.

You can also check from here if you have an Underground registration with the same email address as your PSN account.
I don't have an underground account, do you have to register on the US playstation forum for that or is it something else?

You can also check from here if you have an Underground registration with the same email address as your PSN account.
https://www.betatest.us.playstation.com/

Like this is what I see right now.
Code:
Current Beta

You are enrolled in the following Beta Program.

Warhawk Public Beta
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Beta Start 5/24/08 - Beta End 6/26/08

Just don't try to change your Underground account's email address to match you PSN account's. I just did, and I must have broken something, because now all I get is an error that I'm not authorized to visit the Beta site (where as before it showed my previous betas). :cry:

I wonder if anybody signed up for Beta but didn't get it.

Tomorrow, it seems, I will be cleaning up my PS3 HDD.

I don't have an underground account, do you have to register on the US playstation forum for that or is it something else?

I got the Underground account while registering PS3 and Resistance.
Used the same email as my primary US PSN account which makes registration pretty quick.

Back