Warhawk Beta - May 24 (registration open!)

looks like a really fun game, if it cost between 20$ and 30$ it will be a good deal.

PD: Beautifull clouds.

Love this game. Graphics are incredibly smooth... the movies posted do not do justice to seeing it in motion. My only complaint is with the special effects on weapons and explosions... both are underwhelming. It would be really interresting had the explosions and weapon effects looked something like Lost Planet (slightly over the top)!!!

Love this game. Graphics are incredibly smooth... the movies posted do not do justice to seeing it in motion. My only complaint is with the special effects on weapons and explosions... both are underwhelming. It would be really interresting had the explosions and weapon effects looked something like Lost Planet (slightly over the top)!!!

The Warhawks exploding are pretty cool, but the flamethrower and other weapons are kind of wimpy. I finally played a non-brown map and they were pretty. One was the cloud city type one and the other was a jungle island. I love sneaking into the enemy base and taking their tank to destroy all their hawks :)

Game seems to be running more stable today. Maybe they patched it or something, it didn't crash at all today and I was playing on a 32 player server for about 2 hours straight

The hand gun is a little bit too awesome compared to the other guns. The assault rifle is currently useless except at close quarters of about 20 feet.

The character model LOD for the on foot characters is way too aggressive I think. It falls back to this really crappy PS2 game looking mesh at a early distance.

Some of the turrets seem to have way too generous auto aim on them. Especially the flak cannons. It's practically a guarenteed kill when a plane is range of your guns.

Otherwise good fun tonight! I played mostly on the ground instead of in the air. Got pretty good using the jeep and the tanks.

if done right sure it can be.

My only point was that I want an online air only combat game that's fun (like CS's was on Live1 back in the day) not a flight sim or not a BF sandbox game.

that's just my preference/opinion. I was originally under the (mistaken) impression that's what this game was.

You can load up Dogfight matches which are AIR only and involve no ground combat. You start in your warhawk, and you can never get out.

Once again, you were given some (mistaken) impressions on the game.

cool :cool:

now that's what I'm talkin' about when I hear Warhawk! :smile:

Trust me though, when I say that you WILL want to do everything. The gameplay simply lends itself to it. It just feels good to get out.

Honestly, I don't know why some folks are confused with the controls. After a few moments I was used to them and was doing tons of stuff. This game was done right, it's fun to play, easy to pick up, and everything is so awesome.

Ok you must listen to the first hour of this podcast. It is from someone who generally bashes the PS3...but he got to play Warhawk and he doesn't shut up about it for an hour. Must listen to really get an idea for those who havent played :)

(he says this is the PS3's Killer ap and if it was bundled with the PS3 it would sell out! lol)

http://www.allgames.com/radio.asp?show=agi&ep=321

The biggest hurdle for Warhawk is going to be it's lack of a demo.

It NEEDS a demo, and I suggest (and have suggested) that Sony puts together a demo build with one map (and no stat tracking) and restrict users to play with other demo users only. I think this would be awesome incentive for people to buy the game. If Warhawk needs anything, it's exposure.

From a dev on the beta forums:

Wanted to make a quick post to let you all know that we have fixed this issue and we now support our 720p signal to be up-scaled to 1080i so those of you who are stuck playing Warhawk in 480p don't get screwed :)

To be clear, we don't render 1080 natively, we simply up-scale the 720p frame buffer so we can output 1080i -- Still looks great BTW!

Based on all of your feedback, we're making some changes:

-->Added support for PTT rather than automatic mic activation. The PTT button is on L3.

-->Added the display of a talking icon near the name of the player speaking. It also is displayed yellow so it stands out since the icon by itself was not as readable as I we thought was needed.

-->Any player on your team that is talking, will have their radar/mini-map blip displayed yellow so you can see where people are even if they aren't right in front of you.

-->Added an Icon by your player name in the upper left of the status bar to let you know when you mic is on/off.

The biggest hurdle for Warhawk is going to be it's lack of a demo.

It NEEDS a demo

Hmm. I think a demo would be nice, but I can see the word-of-mouth on this being very strong indeed. I think it could well be THE multiplayer game every PS3 owner needs to have this year.

Well, no matter how good the online game is, if it doesn't come with a decent single player game too, I won't be buying it.

I prefer the "story" in games and use the on-line for a bit of relaxation/fun.

Hmm. I think a demo would be nice, but I can see the word-of-mouth on this being very strong indeed. I think it could well be THE multiplayer game every PS3 owner needs to have this year.

I think a "spectator-only" download can be interesting for WarHawk.

If I see friends like tanod, m3freak, aeon712, lunlunqq, efertlisdotcom, agentx etc... in WarHawk (after our regular Resistance sessions), I might just break down and get a copy.

Conversely, Insomniac should also cut a "spectator-only" Resistance MP demo. I mean they have already got it to work.

Well, no matter how good the online game is, if it doesn't come with a decent single player game too, I won't be buying it.

I prefer the "story" in games and use the on-line for a bit of relaxation/fun.

Well, you're out of luck because the game is MP only. Maybe they'll release a single-player Warhawk at some point, who knows.

I think a "spectator-only" download can be interesting for WarHawk.

If I see friends like tanod, m3freak, aeon712, lunlunqq, efertlisdotcom, agentx etc... in WarHawk (after our regular Resistance sessions), I might just break down and get a copy.

Conversely, Insomniac should also cut a "spectator-only" Resistance MP demo. I mean they have already got it to work.

Not a bad idea, actually.

Maybe they can pipe live games into Home displays somehow..that might be neat too.

Back