Warhawk Beta - May 24 (registration open!)

I'm relatively new to Warhawk so take it easy on me if you see me online. My question has to do with missile lock. Is there a specific thing you need to do to get missile lock? Is there visual or auditory feedback that missile lock has been attained. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've just never been able to get a missile lock on any of my opponents.

I'm relatively new to Warhawk so take it easy on me if you see me online. My question has to do with missile lock. Is there a specific thing you need to do to get missile lock? Is there visual or auditory feedback that missile lock has been attained. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've just never been able to get a missile lock on any of my opponents.

Hold down L1 until the constant lock tone is made.

Quick follow up. So does the release of the L1 fire the missile? So once I get someone in my sights, press L1 until tone and release, right?

Yes, the same with the rocket turret and shoulder fired RPG.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1&product_id=270001

$60 with some bonus videos and bluetooth headset. Also says 8/28 for release. The headset is worth about $30 retail, so lets hope the PSN version is $30 or less.

Pic of the box art:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/798/798820p1.html

Though users can download Warhawk directly through the PlayStation store, people who purchase the physical disc will get a voice communication headset bundled in as well as Blu-ray bonus content like behind-the-scenes documentaries and similar goodies.

Sony has yet to determine prices for the retail and downloadable SKUs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to have the box and disc, but I already have a BT headset and not having the disc in the drive is also nice. I should also be able to share the DL version with a friend if it's like the rest of the PSN games.

So is it like DeathMatch with everyone trying to shoot each other's warhawks down?

Can you man ground units while other humans are controlling air units?

Is there any team-based games?

I'd love to have the box and disc, but I already have a BT headset and not having the disc in the drive is also nice. I should also be able to share the DL version with a friend if it's like the rest of the PSN games.

How do you share the downloaded games, sneaker net it to his PS3 via a USB drive?

Actually, it could be a big download right?

How do you share the downloaded games, sneaker net it to his PS3 via a USB drive?

Currently Warhawk beta is around 800mb [all final gameplay modes, all maps, weapons, skins, 'n stuff].

Game sharing can be done by sharing PSN accounts. One purchased game can be downloaded on maximum 5 consoles.

Currently Warhawk beta is around 800mb [all final gameplay modes, all maps, weapons, skins, 'n stuff].

Game sharing can be done by sharing PSN accounts. One purchased game can be downloaded on maximum 5 consoles.

Actually it's one PSN account can be registered on a maximum of 5 consoles. If your PSN account is on more than 5 consoles, it will lock out ALL PSN content for anything beyond the first 5 accounts.

I don't think it will.

I hope they implemented a decent matchmaking system in the final version. In beta you had to select dedicated ranked servers from the list of all servers, that is if you can find an available one.

If they solved those issues, definitely worth $40 for me since I never trade in or resell games I own. But to many others, price may be too much for a downloadable game. Of course disk version being $60, $40 is not really surprising.

The beta was great fun, but I wish the PSN version was $30.

Anyone know if the BD version can be installed and played without the disc?

Last edited by a moderator:
The beta was great fun, but I wish the PSN version was $30.

Anyone know if the BD version can be installed and played without the disc?

I guess they're trying to upsell you on the Blu-Ray version.

You get manual, disc, case and headset (depending on quality of the headset) for $20 more.

At least you can rent it now.

The download could be several gigs so if you had a HDD failure, you'd have to download a big file again.

I hope they implemented a decent matchmaking system in the final version. In beta you had to select dedicated ranked servers from the list of all servers, that is if you can find an available one.

I wonder how it interacts with Playstation Home to find and choose a Warhawk server.

If they solved those issues, definitely worth $40 for me since I never trade in or resell games I own. But to many others, price may be too much for a downloadable game. Of course disk version being $60, $40 is not really surprising.

I will get the Blu-ray one for the mic and convenience. But I really want PS Eye as my default mic in the long run.

I hadn't been paying much attention to this game,but someone told me it's like an updated, futuristic version of BF 1942(one of the few multiplayer games I could get into). If that's true sign me up!

I just hope you don't have to use the FPS mode a lot. Would much prefer to fly or drive.

Is there any way to coordinate attacks? Like have air support or ground strafing so ground units controlled by teammates could advance?

Or have ground units point laser guidance systems so that air-to-ground missiles could be guided?

Or have strategies to take out air units on the ground before they could take off or knock out runways?

Back