Tom Clancy's The Division [PS4, XO]

If it's structured like Diablo 3 then I'll be fine with it but if it's like WOW then count me out. I highly doubt we would see well scripted set pieces or engaging character presentations since everything is arbitrary.

But they still gave no info the pc version will share the world with console or not.. At least I want it to share the world with ps4. Like cross play between portal pc and ps3.

Good to know these guys pay attention to what people say on the internet. Hope they hear a lot of people asking if they needed a whole video just to say "it's coming to pc too"

I think it is very cool that they listen to what people say about this game.:D

This is one of the games I'll be getting for XBO. It looks very immersive and very graphically pretty.

Ubisoft really invested a lot of resources to their companion tablet app. They created simplified version of the entire Division gameworld!

Now that is wicked. I know some people that used to come to LAN gaming but hated the shooter games (first or 3rd person OTS), but loved RTS games (which is why they came). This would allow those types of people to also jump in on the multiplayer in this. Fantastic stuff.

Regards,
SB

I like the global illumination lighting on the smoke.

TCTD_screen_companionviewshooting.jpg

http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-the-division

Powered by Ubisoft’s new game engine Snowdrop™...takes full advantage of the new consoles with dynamic global illumination, stunning procedural destruction

It was revealed that Ubisoft will make online multiplayer in “The Division” more meaningful with the loss of equipment and gear whenever a player dies online

http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/games-the-division-qa

In partnership with Ubisoft, Xbox announced that “Tom Clancy’s The Division,” will also bring exclusive content to Xbox One.

Oh and R.I.P. Tom Clancy...:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's such a huge fake feature... "global illumination" lighting on the "smoke"...

It's good to see that we can go on rooftops as well and are not limited to street level exploration.
Vertical exploration should e the norm for open world games.

That's such a huge fake feature... "global illumination" lighting on the "smoke"...

I don't think the article even mentions it on smoke, just that there is GI in realtime. Those are just particles being lit by lights just like in Ryse and KZSF, but that is how teh interwebs works .

It's good to see that we can go on rooftops as well and are not limited to street level exploration.
Vertical exploration should e the norm for open world games.

The new BF4 map delights in that department, BTW, the vertical gameplay ! Loving the map. I don't see why console games shy away from verticality.

Several open world games, even on consoles, put much emphasis on verticality and vertical exploration (Assassin's Creed, InFamous, Batman Arkham, Just Cause etc...) but it's definitely not the norm.
It's not a bad thing per-se, let me be clear, but I don't enjoy open world games that don't have vertical exploration/navigation/traversal anymore, I find them terribly limed.
Still there are exceptions, like Dragon's Dogma.

I meant to say "and the smoke" not on the smoke...

I doubt any of the current game engines could do dynamic GI on smoke with all the stuff that's going on in the game...

Heh, I cant wait to see PC sysreq for this game. :) Its one of the rare "true nextgen" games that will arrive on PC. It will not have currentgen port.

Back