The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were is it being released? I hope the EU gets it...

Edit
Scratch that... So, only for Japan tommorow... Can I buy it from the JPSN?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, no Japanese credit card... Guess I'll have to wait. Stupid question but, will it have custom soundtracks? Or we'll have to wait for Sony to update the PS3 for that.

Nope, no Japanese credit card... Guess I'll have to wait.
Play-Asia is your friend ;)

While I can get by in the demo as it's basically a matter of picking your car and racing, prologue will feature tuning and buying of parts, so I really cannot be arsed with it until an English version is released.

I guess I'd have the same problem:smile:
My user name is the only thing that comes that far from Asia! I thought that the menus would be in Japanese and in English!!!
I can't wait for some impressions!!!

Play-Asia is your friend ;)

While I can get by in the demo as it's basically a matter of picking your car and racing, prologue will feature tuning and buying of parts, so I really cannot be arsed with it until an English version is released.

I don't think there will be any tuning in Prologue.

True, I've not heard anything about tuning, but you can buy upgraded parts, to me the two go hand in hand.

6pfo5s0-copy.jpg

Placeholder tree's.... gone. (at least at this particular corner.)

I think it definitely is a case of place holders. It will be interesting to see if they sorted Suzuka in prolouge, if they haven't I expect it will be done for GT5 proper.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSU just changed their review!

Still, many fans will be disappointed to learn that damage modelling has yet to be implemented, and it is currently unknown whether or not the final build will contain this element.

Im not suprised.

Isn't it 720p with 4xAA and 1080p with 2xAA?

I'm sure I read that in the HD resolution thread.

If we are talking about screenshots, then the difference is that some of the screenshots are rendered in 1080p with 2x AA then downsampled to 720p.

Resulting in you seeing 720p with something close to like ( 8x AA (( 1080/720p) + (2x AA rendering ) x 2 = 8x AA)

If we are talking about screenshots, then the difference is that some of the screenshots are rendered in 1080p with 2x AA then downsampled to 720p.

Resulting in you seeing 720p with something close to like ( 8x AA (( 1080/720p) + (2x AA rendering ) x 2 = 8x AA)

That's how I play the demo, (1080p input to a 720p projector) and it looks better than just feeding it the 720p image.

I read in D+PAD that the US release is the 19th Jan, but no word on Europe :(

Originally European release was planned in March (probably partly because that would be about a year after GT:HD was released). But I'm not sure if that still stands.

That's how I play the demo, (1080p input to a 720p projector) and it looks better than just feeding it the 720p image.

I read in D+PAD that the US release is the 19th Jan, but no word on Europe :(

I also have a 720p projector, but how can 1080p look better? the resulting image is still 720p just downscaled from a 1080p source?
wouldn't it be the same as just feeding it at 720p?
Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you?? or mine is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back