The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy mother of mercy. Look at these screenshots from London track, 2d trees place holders confirmed.

p02a.jpg

p03a.jpg

p06a.jpg

Just 1 more day! I can't freaking wait! Might have to take a day off tomorrow.

I still have to decide between the PSN version and the disc version...

Disc version
++Can lend or swap with friends
+Can sell it at future date
+The case does look cool
+Can play with any PSN account on any PS3
-Have to insert disc every time I want to play
-One more thing to have to store

PSN version
++Game is always on my machine. Just press button to play
+Very slightly cheaper (Personally I really don't care)
-5GB download (Personally I really don't care)
-Game is tied to a particular PSN account (not sure what the full implications are yet)
--Cannot easily swap or lend to friends

I'm torn! And only a few more hours to decide... Sort of was leaning toward the disc version. But I really do want to support downloadable PSN games.

Get both. :devilish:

Gah. If only the game looked so clean/unaliased in actuality.

Heh and I was wondering where the 3D trees are or was it a joke (and I mean several ones)? :LOL:

If they fixed the problem with the AA being negated by the HDR it will be pretty damn close to perfect.

Nah you wont get as clean lines unless you have 4x/8xAA (depends on size of screen etc) and true 1080p (1920*1080). With 1280*1080 and 2xAA no way unless you play on a small monitor or TV and/or sit away from it several meters (which would make it very hard to see small details and text though)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh and I was wondering where the 3D trees are or was it a joke (and I mean several ones)? :LOL:

Nah you wont get as clean lines unless you have 4x/8xAA (depends on size of screen etc) and true 1080p (1920*1080). With 1280*1080 and 2xAA no way unless you play on a small monitor or TV and/or sit away from it several meters (which would make it very hard to see small details and text though)!

Restiance and R&C are practically perfect on my screen (60") (720P), and don't they both only have 2xAA?, shouldn't 4xAA at 720P be incredibly close?.

I think he means to say that it seems as if there is enough capacity in the engine to draw some 3D trees, considering the detail in the London environment. I don't know if that argument holds, but I do think at least that is his argument. ;)

the actualy game may not be that jaggyless like those shots, but at least it's rendered in a comparatively high resolution in the console world, plus 2xaa. im very pleased with just about everything else visually portrayed in those screens. quite simply, i have never seen a racing game this photorealistic in my life, the london circuit particularly stunning! so getting gt5p on blueray.

I think he means to say that it seems as if there is enough capacity in the engine to draw some 3D trees, considering the detail in the London environment. I don't know if that argument holds, but I do think at least that is his argument. ;)

I think they cant get all the trees in 3D for the tracks which have lots of them.But I saw some new ss of the city tracks with what seems to be quite good 3D trees. Although not many trees still that is definetly an athmosphere enhancer IMO.

the actualy game may not be that jaggyless like those shots, but at least it's rendered in a comparatively high resolution in the console world, plus 2xaa. im very pleased with just about everything else visually portrayed in those screens. quite simply, i have never seen a racing game this photorealistic in my life, the london circuit particularly stunning! so getting gt5p on blueray.
Isn't it 720p with 4xAA and 1080p with 2xAA?

I'm sure I read that in the HD resolution thread.

Restiance and R&C are practically perfect on my screen (60") (720P), and don't they both only have 2xAA?, shouldn't 4xAA at 720P be incredibly close?.

Slight bluriness and view distance can make a major difference in how one notices jaggies. As for Restiance and R&C Ithink it was 4xAA or 2xAA with a blur filter a la' Quincunx style (Nvidia Quincunx?).

I doubt 4xAA and 720p would give the same smooth lines with almost perfectly seamless transition between edges (as a whole) and sharpness.
It is mainly due to all the new screenshots being released as 1920*1080 res ss and then downscaled ( Screenshots: Set of 23 (1920 x 1080, zipped, file size approx 12.30MB at GT site).

I agree that the so far shown pieces of the city tracks looks really good especially compared to the non-city tracks shown.

Famitsu review is up. GT5P got 10/10/9/10. :) 39/40

Wow! I didn't think Prologue would get that. Heck, I wasn't even expecting it for the full game! So 97.5% eh? :D

On the downside, now people in the U.S. are going to get even more pissed that currently no U.S. release is planned for GT5 Prologue. Maybe they should revise this, and at least release the PSN demo, I mean why not? That would be almost effortless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back