The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

I played the game and didn't notice 1/10th of a second lag! That should be extremely jarring. I'll give it another look at some point.

I played the game and didn't notice 1/10th of a second lag! That should be extremely jarring. I'll give it another look at some point.

Didn't grandmaster establish that the point at which people start noticing latency at 150ms?

Didn't grandmaster establish that the point at which people start noticing latency at 150ms?

Depends entirely on how sensitive you are to it, and whether you've been conditioned/trained to not notice latency between trying to do something and seeing it happen.

For example, I'm far more tolerant of latency now than when I was doing competitive gaming. But if I go back to it for a little bit and then come back to certain games, it's hugely noticeable and distracting. But that gradually fades somewhat overtime as you become conditioned to it again.

I notice latency most in console and PC games when doing jumps. And often find myself having to mentally plan out when to jump because there's a HUGE (to me) latency between pushing a jump button in many games, and the jump actually happening. Happens when shooting a weapon also, but I'm better at unconsciously doing the mental calculations to determine when to fire to account for the latency.

Regards,
SB

Jumping should have an animation delay in some cases though right? At least in realistic shooters, you can't jump very well if your legs were already stretched. When running you can jump at the moment your next 'standing' leg touches the ground, causing a small delay, and then you still need a little bit of extra bend and stretch to launch.

Jumping should have an animation delay in some cases though right? At least in realistic shooters, you can't jump very well if your legs were already stretched. When running you can jump at the moment your next 'standing' leg touches the ground, causing a small delay, and then you still need a little bit of extra bend and stretch to launch.

For some games yes. But for a lot of games it happens whenever the game recieves the jump command. IE - the latency is the same as shooting a weapon.

But if I mistime the latency for shooting it's not as noticeable (except when sniping) as mistiming the latency for jumps, where you fall off the edge of an object instead of jumping.

Regards,
SB

Performance improvement for Bayonetta in Cut-Scenes is interesting. I was hoping that to see a better improvement with the framerate, It manages to stay above 35fps at all times.
Thank ps360.

The Framebuffer remains the same regardless of the resolution...so why the improvement in framerate at 480p ?

Back