Finally! I can start a playthrough.

HDR
AF
DLSS
FOV Slider
Brightness and Contrast Slider

See. It wasn't that hard.
yup, I read it here.

The most interesting part, DLSS support aside is that they are going to add 32:9 Ultrawide support.

I got a laugh out of this.

It's a bit related to what the Cyberpunk 2077 developer was commenting on. :D

Regards,
SB
That is... A long video.

Btw the Twitter user that keeps spouting wrong stuff, seems to be deliberately doing that to gather engagement / reach.

Each tweet was beautifully crafted for maximum virality.

Or maybe they posts a lot of tweets, but just a few of them reached the masses.

the crowd reactions are somewhat legit. Do NPCs not react to gunplay for player convenience (to foster more chill exploration or counter accidental discharge) or to save the CPU cycles?

The more I play Starfield the more I'm questioning my memories of past BGS games, because to me the NPCs and overall world dynamism really don't feel like what I remember of them. Granted I didn't play nearly as much Skyrim as I did Oblivion, and I skipped FO4 altogether, so perhaps the recent Hitman series and Kingdom Come: Deliverance have warped my recollection of what BGS games deliver in terms of a world of NPCs that are reactive to the events around them.

Earlier today I was able to stealth kill my way through all the NPCs on a landed UC ship and got no reactions at all from anyone seeing the bodies of their comrades laying around. Between that, the zombie NPC traffic in New Atlantis, the shop vendors being perpetual kiosks rather than characters with day jobs, I'm left scratching my head because this game is the inverse of what I was expecting -- it's relatively polished, has good-to-great graphics (mostly the hard surface work, materials and lighting of them), but the interactive NPC clockwork sandbox of the world seems to be largely gone. It's great that thousands of inanimate objects still have persistence in the world, but for me the magic was the sense that the NPCs had similar persistence, such that they occupied and interacted with the world in a goal-based way, and that allowed the player to project some degree of agency onto their behavior. (I use the words "sense" and "project" deliberately there in order to concede that there's a lot of room for sleight-of-hand.)

I noticed this in the benchmark scene I’ve been using. I pulled a gun out and no one reacted. Then I shot some random npc. A couple of npc’s got into a firefight and the casuals ran off. I let the fight go on a while. As time went on the casual npc‘s started doing their regular rounds as if nothing was happening. Then when I’d kill one, they would all panic again. Rinse and repeat.

nice, i had the watery mess problem with indirect lightning at low so i bumped it up to medium and now it looks a lot better
Me too and OMG the visual difference is insane and the performance hit is negligible. I never would have thought to try that, thanks for the comment as it got me to watch the video.

Earlier today I was able to stealth kill my way through all the NPCs on a landed UC ship and got no reactions at all from anyone seeing the bodies of their comrades laying around. Between that, the zombie NPC traffic in New Atlantis, the shop vendors being perpetual kiosks rather than characters with day jobs, I'm left scratching my head because this game is the inverse of what I was expecting -- it's relatively polished, has good-to-great graphics (mostly the hard surface work, materials and lighting of them), but the interactive NPC clockwork sandbox of the world seems to be largely gone.
I agree. From an RPG perspective, Bethesda made some very odd mechanics choices in Starfield compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4. Like you, I find the lack of NPCs acknowledgement of dead comrades close to inexcusable in 2023, particularly when this has been a staple of action-adventure games like Assassin's Creed and Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War. And having characters chained to their locale all the time is quite the regression from previous games where shops would close in the evening as NPCs retire to their homes.

I think Bethesda made some very specific choices in Starfield that they would not have risked to make in Elder Scrolls or Fallout, or perhaps to test the reaction to the mechanics to see if they could be bought to established franchises.

That said, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game which I've been playing pretty much solidly for two weeks now. Like Skyrim, I'm really not caring about the main quest and have not touched it in ten days. Many of the other quests are really well done and provided a bunch of options to solve.

I agree. From an RPG perspective, Bethesda made some very odd mechanics choices in Starfield compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4. Like you, I find the lack of NPCs acknowledgement of dead comrades close to inexcusable in 2023, particularly when this has been a staple of action-adventure games like Assassin's Creed and Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War. And having characters chained to their locale all the time is quite the regression from previous games where shops would close in the evening as NPCs retire to their homes.

I think Bethesda made some very specific choices in Starfield that they would not have risked to make in Elder Scrolls or Fallout, or perhaps to test the reaction to the mechanics to see if they could be bought to established franchises.

That said, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game which I've been playing pretty much solidly for two weeks now. Like Skyrim, I'm really not caring about the main quest and have not touched it in ten days. Many of the other quests are really well done and provided a bunch of options to solve.

Agreed. Even though the sharpness of my irritation was incredibly dulled by BG3 where you can initiate a fight in the next room with the door open and it seems that if you are not in the NPC's direct line of sight they are totally oblivious to you bringing down the wrath of whatever pagan god your character is into. I went into Starfield thinking I could do the same as I took out NPCs of my faction because the mission giver said they were rude to her. My comrades in the next facility over showed no signs of aggression. Hence my surprise when I showed up at the headquarters and was given the choice of death or a $15K credit fine and relinquishment of any illicit goods I looted off their corpses.

And its definitely odd the choices made by Bethesda as NPCs don't seem totally oblivious to gunfire as a fired shot at an NPC returned a response of "Woooh!!!" A follow-up strike with the butt of my gun saw the NPC run off only to have UC security appear with guns drawn a few seconds later from the direction that the NPC had run off.

It seems the AI is broken or incomplete.

so when you track the resources needed for a research project and then complete that project, you cant untrack the resources 😭
that means you could end up with every resource tracked, which is not helpful at all

so when you track the resources needed for a research project and then complete that project, you cant untrack the resources 😭
that means you could end up with every resource tracked, which is not helpful at all

Well, it's good to know it's still Bethesda (buggy), I was starting to worry that it was too bug free and that someone replaced everyone from Bethesda with clones. :D

Regards,
SB

Back