Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I tried the DLSS mod, and I have mixed feelings about it.
I basically am getting some weird (whole screen) flickering every 10 seconds give or take, that is very distracting.
Anyone else experiencing that behavior?
It's more frequent with frame gen on, than off.

Already posted the rebar results yesterday but here's something new with the drivers. AF Tag on in the profile:

image.png

And yes! it makes a nice difference.

AF Before:

image.png

AF After:

image.png

Another thing I noticed was the color palette has shifted. Everything isn't as washed out and the picture has more contrast due to a lower black level and good saturation overall which is easily visible. I'll need to dig more into this.

I'm liking this quite a bit. I've got about 6 hours into it and although I agree it starts a little slow, I think they generally made the right call when it comes to land/space exploration. I like that there's tons of content and subsystems, but it's quick to get where you want to go. I'm also glad that they didn't make it so that you could walk for days on one planet aimlessly and that the game seems to have a stronger narrative than something like Skyrim, which didn't really grab me with its pointless exploration. I'll post more after I get more play in.

I'm liking this quite a bit. I've got about 6 hours into it and although I agree it starts a little slow, I think they generally made the right call when it comes to land/space exploration. I like that there's tons of content and subsystems, but it's quick to get where you want to go. I'm also glad that they didn't make it so that you could walk for days on one planet aimlessly and that the game seems to have a stronger narrative than something like Skyrim, which didn't really grab me with its pointless exploration. I'll post more after I get more play in.
Outside of being forced into constellation. After that is really all whatever you want to do and progress at the pace you want to. And really outside of the first 30 minutes it became so much fun to just do stuff. Mainly driven by the need to become rich and purchase the super starships. But yes, steal something and get started on the pirating storyline. That’s a ton more fun than being good.

Outside of being forced into constellation. After that is really all whatever you want to do and progress at the pace you want to. And really outside of the first 30 minutes it became so much fun to just do stuff. Mainly driven by the need to become rich and purchase the super starships. But yes, steal something and get started on the pirating storyline. That’s a ton more fun than being good.
so thats why the crimson pirate storyline started? Because i got caught with some contraband?

btw i just got a 1 GB update for starfield in steam
its what they call a small hotfix

Starfield Updates and Mod Support – September 13, 2023

First, an enormous thank you to all of you playing Starfield and your support. We are absolutely blown away by the response and all you love about the game. We’re also reading all your great feedback on what you’d like to see improved or added to the game. This is a game we’ll be supporting for years and years to come, so please keep all the feedback coming! Even if we don’t get to your requests immediately, we’d love to do it in the future, like city maps. Our priority initially is making sure any top blocker bugs or stability issues are addressed, and adding quality-of-life features that many are asking for.

This first update is a small hotfix targeted at the few top issues were are seeing. After that, expect a regular interval of updates that have top community requested features including:
  • Brightness and Contrast controls
  • HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider
  • Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
  • 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
  • Eat button for food!
We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.

Additionally, we are working on our built-in mod support (Creations) that will work across all platforms similar to what we’ve done with Skyrim and Fallout 4. This full support is planned to launch early next year. Until then, we know our PC community is already very active in the modding space and if you have any feedback on how we can make this better, please let us know . Modding and creating in our games will always be a vital and important part of who we are, and we love seeing the community get off to such a strong start.

Keep the feedback coming, we really do read it all, and thank you all again for taking this journey with us!

Bethesda Game Studios
---
Update Version 1.7.29 - Fixes and Improvements
Performance and Stability
  • Xbox Series X|S
    Improved stability related to installations.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.
Quests
  • All That Money Can Buy
    : Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
  • Into the Unknown
    : Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.
  • Shadows in Neon:
    Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.

13600k (CPU) - 56x P (Performance/Big core at 5.6ghz) - 45x E (Efficiency/Smaller Core at 4.5ghz) -
Strange because according to intel's product page for the 13600k it only has 6 performance cores and 8 efficient cores (total 14 cores and 20 threads) while you are claiming the 13600k is a 101 core cpu ???
Also every single review I can find on the 13600k agree with intel

Last edited:
Strange because according to intel's product page for the 13600k it only has 6 performance cores and 8 efficient cores (total 14 cores and 20 threads) while you are claiming the 13600k is a 101 core cpu ???
uh its the multiplier from the 100 mhz "bus" or whatever its called now

Sorry dont follow you Bludd
he said he had a 50x multiplier
50 ring (ring bus speed 5ghz,
If you multiply the p cores by 100 that gets you 600, if you multiply the e core by 100 thats 800 non of that gets you to 56 or 45 or 101

Edit : I'm just going to take it as terrible wording on his part when I see "56x P (Performance/Big core at 5.6ghz)" I take that to be "I have 56 p cores running at 5.6ghz" not "I have an arbitrary number of p cores running on a 56 multiplier"

ps: Is it just me or is this a blurry mess ?
1694630275445.png
The screenshot above it looks fine

Top screenshot
1694630520526.png

bottom screenshot
1694630561797.png

Last edited:

If you multiply the p cores by 100 that gets you 600, if you multiply the e core by 100 thats 800 non of that gets you to 56 or 45 or 101

Edit : I'm just going to take it as terrible wording on his part when I see "56x P (Performance/Big core at 5.6ghz)" I take that to be "I have 56 p cores running at 5.6ghz" not "I have an arbitrary number of p cores running on a 56 multiplier"
this is not the thread for this

It's just shorthand for some of the overclocking benchmarking crowd. I've seen others use the same exact jargon.

Yes :) and thank god for it. Hustling people is jokes
I thought it was only the contraband scan that triggered that storyline. Nope. I got pulled in trying to help a shop owner whose shipment got commandeered because their shipper was transporting contraband. Pick a lock and was about to pay off one of the spaceport employees, when UC security showed up and commandeered the conversation. "Imma need a little something something....Excuse me, you are under arrest". What made it worse was the shop owner and UC guard looked alike, so I thought I had been taken down by some type of sting operation. LOL.

Last edited:

This is way off topic but

The original post was laid out as -
13600k: 56x P, 45x E, 50ring

the 56x, 45x, and 50 (missing x) is just short hand for the clock multiplier. If you multiply that against the 100 base clock (for Intel) you get the clock speed of each of those.

So - 5.6ghz P core, 4.5ghz E Core, 5.0 ghz ring bus

Back